N.C. State up next...are they good? | The Boneyard

N.C. State up next...are they good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

My sense is they are a good program. This season they are not ranked in the top 25.
That surprises me. I checked their site and in their first game they routed NC Charlotte
84-43 [36-8 after quarter one]. Scroll down the link a bit to see the box score.
Great situation...Sunday in Raleigh at 3:00 on ABC...should attract a lot of
hoop fans.

Another link states the following: It lists the lowest price for a ticket to each of their
games. Typically the lowest price is between $11 and $30.

For the UConn game.....$78...yikes! Home court and home crowd....keep the Huskies
focused,Geno. Should be a good test with Maryland and especially UCLA around
the corner. Lots of talent on UCLA...frosh plus transfer Betts amidst.

Reaction Score
I think a lot depends on how well River Baldwin plays. Also Mimi Collins. That's their size. They also have some good guards in Saniyah Rivers, Madison Hayes and Azaiha James.

And they are a streaky shooting team. Collins and James combined for 8-14 from 3 -- I think mostly in the first quarter. It was an incredible quarter for them. But then they went 1-18 in the second quarter. Yikes! They ended up shooting 38% for the game, against a creampuff.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

My sense is they are a good program. This season they are not ranked in the top 25.
That surprises me. I checked their site and in their first game they routed NC Charlotte
84-43 [36-8 after quarter one]. Scroll down the link a bit to see the box score.
hoop fans.

Another link states the following: It lists the lowest price for a ticket to each of their

For the UConn game.....$78...yikes! Home court and home crowd..
..keep the Huskies

It helps that the capacity for their home court is just 5,500.

Reaction Score
No comment
N.C. State 63 ( 20 -11 ) vs Princeton 64 (23 - 5) in the NCAA first round, 2023.
Princeton lost to UTAH ( 26 - 4 ) in the next game, 83 - 56. A glass half full for Carla B.??
I was surprised that State
scored so poorly from three point land this past week. Sunday should be a very interesting game,
even though many Boneyarders will be checking the stands to see if any of
the STRONG family is wearing a certain type of Jersey/ t-shirt. Go Huskies!!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
After the thrilling double overtime game in the 2022 elite eight I was surprised at how easily we won last year at XL.

They lost four starters from last year including Boyd, Brown-Turner, and Diamond Johnson. They added two freshman guards who were highly rated and they come off the bench. Don’t appear to have added through the portal.

River Baldwin is huge but they appear to be a guard oriented team.

From what I saw in the game at XL last year Edwards should have a big game and we should be able to hold our own inside. Even with Dorka out we were able to control the paint last year.

Then the question is whose stable of guards plays better.

I would not bet against UConn in that regard. Azzi went for 32 last year, and Nika had a record setting 15 assists. Aubrey had 16. And of course we added a couple of other guards who play pretty well.

I would expect a 15-20 point victory in the 93-75 range.

sun

Reaction Score
Their two 6'5" bigs are experienced grad students that split time & they have a notable 6'3" freshman center who played 10 minutes.
I'd expect some fouling by bigs on both teams.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think our fine @LETTERL NC State fan said it all with "no comment". But for the uninitiated, let me offer my two cents- River Baldwin? come on, she did nothing for all those years at Florida State, Mimi Collins? Nice role player at Tennessee and Maryland but threat at NC State, not hardly. There is a reason that the Wolfpack are not ranked this year, they are not good. The ACC preseason poll has NC State 8th.....Nuf ced....

Reaction Score
I saw the NC State v UNCC game was on while scrolling through channels and since I'm a UNCC alumni I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone (metaphorically speaking only) and see what kind of team UNCC had and how good the Wolfpack looked. I bailed after the first quarter knowing UNCC is something less than not very good and that there was no way to tell how good NC State is given the competition.

Reaction Score
NC State has enough talent to make it a tight ball game if they hit their threes, if they don't shoot really well they could be in for a long day......

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score

hoop fans.

For the UConn game.....$78...yikes! Home court and home crowd....keep the Huskies
They are ranked something like 43 and they have 6 freshmen in their 13 player roster. If Uconn has a problem with them, may as well cancel the season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Their two 6'5" bigs are experienced grad students that split time & they have a notable 6'3" freshman center who played 10 minutes.
I'd expect some fouling by bigs on both teams.
If you check NC State's roster, you will find their two 6'5" bigs are listed as seniors. However, neither are impressive. Last season Baldwin averaged 5.7 points and 4 rebounds per game. Williamson, the other 6' 5" player, averaged 9.6 points per game and 10 rebounds per game.

Their guards are their offense. Keep them in check and NC State will struggle.

And let's hope its not a foul fest.

Reaction Score
They lost more than UConn did and didn’t gain nearly as much.

Last season, Azzi lit them up for 30+, Aaliyah had very dominant double-double and Nika finished with 15 assists. With Paige back, Caroline being able to play more than last season’s 11 minutes and a contributing bench (not a single bench point last year), I’m expecting a big win.

Reaction Score
Great coach with a good team. Not preseason ranked is a little surprising to me. They look bigger than our team and a little more physical. Mix that with home court advantage and two straight losses against us they are a scary team.

I think tempo/rebounding will be the key.

Reaction Score
Whatever team from NC State shows up, I'm sure Geno has a plan on how to play them. Do you think for one second that if this team had played in the double-overtime game 2 years ago, that it would have gone to double overtime? I am thinking only positive thoughts about this team and IF they lose a game , which I doubt, I will only count on them to WIN the NC anyhow. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
They lost more than UConn did and didn’t gain nearly as much.

Last season, Azzi lit them up for 30+, Aaliyah had very dominant double-double and Nika finished with 15 assists. With Paige back, Caroline being able to play more than last season’s 11 minutes and a contributing bench (not a single bench point last year), I’m expecting a big win.
Remember that UCONN also loses L L S's 20 points from last year's game ( But those points
will probably reclaimed by Paige having a more " normal" game. UCONN also have a deeper bench!

Reaction Score
I think a lot depends on how well River Baldwin plays. Also Mimi Collins. That's their size. They also have some good guards in Saniyah Rivers, Madison Hayes and Azaiha James.

And they are a streaky shooting team. Collins and James combined for 8-14 from 3 -- I think mostly in the first quarter. It was an incredible quarter for them. But then they went 1-18 in the second quarter. Yikes! They ended up shooting 38% for the game, against a creampuff.
UCONN by 25 or more. Even if they are good they are going up against a hungry team of monsters. These women are the best team this year and they are hungry. I see another very special year. Convince me I am wring. You can't.

Reaction Score
A
UCONN by 25 or more. Even if they are good they are going up against a hungry team of monsters. These women are the best team this year and they are hungry. I see another very special year. Convince me I am wring. You can't.
Are you expecting me to disagree? You just quoted my comment about how the Wolfpack was going to lose. I’m pretty sure 25 points is a conservative estimate of the MoV. Convince ME I’m wrong. You can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom