My name is Boo... and I'm a Mo-aholic. | The Boneyard

My name is Boo... and I'm a Mo-aholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
There came a point last season when I had to admit that I was in danger of fast becoming a Mo-alholic.

I teetered on the edge for awhile, but then, early on this season I started anticipating Mo's steals, I looked forward to her bursts of speed as she darted past her defenders. I smiled at the very thought of watching her play... and I wanted more... more darting through defenders to a layup, more steals, more beautifully timed assists, more ZERO turnover MoJeff games, more of the disruption she laid upon her foes, more ???Blocks???, yes, even more blocks... That's when I realized that I was a goner...it had happened.

It was too late for me to remain a curmudgeonly ol' phart losing interest in the very game that used to excite me so... I was Mo addicted. Even worse than that, I'm enthusiastically addicted to her game.

What's to become of me now? Will the NCAA allow her to play for UConn forever? Will the NCAA force me to go cold turkey after her senior year?... Cold turkey is tough, especially at my age, I know... I used to smoke... Mighty tough... But for now, I am up to my ears in full-blown enjoyment and grinnin' from one to the other.

Truth be told, I haven't enjoyed watching a player this much since watching DT herself. It's likely that you have other players that do it for you but for me it's players like MoJeff that renew my enthusiasm for the women's game. Thanks, Moriah.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Mo did something yesterday I've seen happen before. She steals the ball, but there's an RU defender between her and the basket. You can almost hear the defender thinking "Good, I managed to get in position to defend" and Mo says "In your dreams" and blows by her. The former defender says "I was there, what happened?"

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Mo did something yesterday I've seen happen before. She steals the ball, but there's an RU defender between her and the basket. You can almost hear the defender thinking "Good, I managed to get in position to defend" and Mo says "In your dreams" and blows by her. The former defender says "I was there, what happened?"

I am finding many Boneyard posts rather humorous lately. I LIKE it

Reaction Score
There came a point last season when I had to admit that I was in danger of fast becoming a Mo-alholic.

I teetered on the edge for awhile, but then, early on this season I started anticipating Mo's steals, I looked forward to her bursts of speed as she darted past her defenders. I smiled at the very thought of watching her play... and I wanted more... more darting through defenders to a layup, more steals, more beautifully timed assists, more ZERO turnover MoJeff games, more of the disruption she laid upon her foes, more ???Blocks???, yes, even more blocks... That's when I realized that I was a goner...it had happened.

It was too late for me to remain a curmudgeonly ol' phart losing interest in the very game that used to excite me so... I was Mo addicted. Even worse than that, I'm enthusiastically addicted to her game.

What's to become of me now? Will the NCAA allow her to play for UConn forever? Will the NCAA force me to go cold turkey after her senior year?... Cold turkey is tough, especially at my age, I know... I used to smoke... Mighty tough... But for now, I am up to my ears in full-blown enjoyment and grinnin' from one to the other.

Truth be told, I haven't enjoyed watching a player this much since watching DT herself. It's likely that you have other players that do it for you but for me it's players like MoJeff that renew my enthusiasm for the women's game. Thanks, Moriah.

Your Ol' Pal Boo
Sounds like you are Mo=merized.....:)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
From my Wisconsin biased perspective, she is the Russell Wilson of WCBB!

That was a great post, Boo!

Reaction Score
I feel the same addiction Boo buddy.

On November 23 after I watched a game in Storrs, I posted the following in a thread titled "Moriah - the UConn Highlight Reel" - - I confess that I have only sunk deeper into my addiction to her game since then. Her self-created speed bumps have diminished (ZERO turnovers agains Baylor and Rutgers - How can that possibly be!?!?!) and the jaw dropping moments have continued to pile up. She is pure joy to watch. I choose to think only about the next 2.5 seasons and my ability to see her in person and on TV. We can discuss therapy to treat our withdrawal symptoms after that point..

The athleticism, control, and speed/quickness of this young women are amazing, and the lasting images she is creating are really noteworthy. From tonight (with a couple others from the last couple games):
  • She is the sole defender against 2 opposing players. It looks like a certain score. She turns, leaps, and blocks. A person near me says out loud in awe: "and she's the shortest person on the court"
  • The body control to not just get control of the ball, but to shoot and score while falling backwards at the end of the half (yea, I know, she got herself in that awkward position, but what mental poise and physical control on the recovery...)
  • She gets a steal (as I recall the play) above the top of the key with opposing players even with her on each side. It looks like it may be tough for a clean breakaway, but what does she do, with both those players (guards as I recall) following at their full speed, she creates what looked like perhaps 10-15 feet of separation while dribbling in for a score.
  • With all this seemingly chaotic motion going on in the paint, she flashes, somehow spots TBS, and even while moving at her quick pace, she hangs the ball up in the air perfectly still as if it is an enormous full moon ready to be thrown down the hoop. If it had been Dominique Wilkens... I suspect that MoJet will be giving TBS some good-natured grief for not capturing that moment as a dramatic 2 points.
  • There were perhaps 2 of these tonight and several others from the last couple games - - pure flashes of a blur going to the hoop and scoring at incredible speed. Blink and you miss it.
  • She calmly and smoothly drops three 3-pointers tonight and (I believe) all her foul shots - great form. Remember last year - what a change!
  • She is on the floor one of the last couple games scrambling for the ball, and suddenly you realize she is actually dribbling while (as I recall) almost flat out on the floor, getting up without the slightest hesitation, and off. Who else does that?!?
  • It goes on
Granted she got herself in a couple awkward situations with her speed, but one senses that those times are getting less and less (probably with the gentle encouragement of Geno). This young women is pure joy to watch, and she has a killer smile to go with it!!:)

Somewhere on the web is a video of Moriah dribbling 2 basketballs. I saw it before she arrived, and I felt my first pangs of addiction. Find it, it's great. I know Geno would be unlikely to let her do this, but I do think about what it would look like for her to go full Globetrotter mode, bringing the ball up by herself against a full court press by the opposing team, leaving the other team in disarray on the floor. Again, what a joy she is!!!

Last edited:

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Awesome post, Boo! Love the new avatar - how about a little Wensleydale??
It was a toss-up between this one and one of the lion in Creature Comforts. I couldn't find a good one of the lion, so Wallace & Gromit it is.

YOPB

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Boo - "We do like fresh meat." Love it!! (sounds like the team...)

Reaction Score
What amazes me is, after perhaps a failed rebound attempt by both teams, resulting in a mess of players laying all over the court, arms and legs akimbo, into the scrum races MoJet to grab the ball and dribble her way around various body parts to bust out into the clear and make an impossibly spectacular pass, or shot.

To her, the universe must appear to be operating in slow motion.

Reaction Score
My favorite Husky at least since DT. With a couple years left to us, quite possibly she could end up my favorite Husky ever. She's got that unusual combination of superior athleticism and hoop skills and high entertainment value.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score

Your Ol' Pal Boo
I'm drinking out of the same bottle.

Reaction Score
I feel the same addiction Boo buddy.

Somewhere on the web is a video of Moriah dribbling 2 basketballs. I saw it before she arrived, and I felt my first pangs of addiction. Find it, it's great. I know Geno would be unlikely to let her do this, but I do think about what it would look like for her to go full Globetrotter mode, bringing the ball up by herself against a full court press by the opposing team, leaving the other team in disarray on the floor. Again, what a joy she is!!!

Here you go, it is towards the middle of the video:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I compare Moriah to Nate Archibald, former NBA player and HoFer.

How good was Nate? One season he led the NBA inboth scoring (34.0 ppg) and assists (11.4 apg). No other player ever did that. Or will again.

His nickname was "Nate the Skate" because of his diminutive size.

Moriah has Nate's style and substance. And that extra gear.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I need Mo' Mo! And the buzz Around her is gaining no'-mentum!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is the most exciting player in the country.

Yesterday, I think she took the dribble 94' and blew past all 5 RU players.

She is a terror on the defensive end.

When there is a loose ball on the floor, I find myself thinking, let's grab it. Moriah doesn't just grab it, she emerges from the scrum and takes it in for an easy bucket.

She's incredible. She completes the Lineup of Terror. There is no breathing room when playing against that starting unit.

Reaction Score
If the WNBA doesn't like her, I am sure she could take a few months off to learn gymnastics and medal in the next Olympics.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
love the handling vide0 - is the "pick up of the cones" standard? Seems great for balance.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just beginning to wonder if this isn't a disease instead of an addiction - seems to be reaching pandemic proportions! Mo-ingitis or something, with no known cure! There was a minor outbreak a few years ago in Texas which seems to have been contained, but a new and more virulent strain has broken out in CT this fall and seems to be spreading to small pockets across the country - Miami and Naples have had recent cases, San Diego, Penn, and on and on!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I had my doubts about how well she would fit into the UCONN system, but she has sure made me a believer. She kind of reminds me of Allen Iverson. But short myself, I always love to see one of less stature perform at a high level.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Haven't seen that video before, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom