My Money's On Susan Herbst | The Boneyard

My Money's On Susan Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a short video introducing Susan Herbst to the UConn community. To call her "all talk", "beg harder" or naive, is a complete mischaracterization of who she is and what she will (not might) obtain for UConn going forward. And as someone who has had a personal interaction with her, even this complimentary video doesn't do her justice. Don't bet against her.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2011/09/introducing-uconn-president-susan-herbst/

Reaction Score
+1000

My son just started his freshman year @ Uconn, 30 years after his father's first year in Storrs. The speech by President Herbst at the freshman convocation was impressive in its humble, heartfelt delivery with her deference to the history of the University combined with her vision in taking it to the next level! I personally will be rooting for her success and hope that the University community benefits from a long tenure for Mrs Herbst!

Reaction Score
The Rent will expand to 55,000 before she leaves office

Reaction Score
It is clearly a great plus having her at this time. She has been confident and smart In dealing with the ACC and BCU who hopefully can eventually come to their senses and see that a new England rivalry can do nothing but help their struggling teams besides hockey. What other rivalries does BCU have, Miami because of flutie. Call it the patriot bowl, pilgrim battle or even the foliage bowl. Sorry about the rant but I absolutely can not hate a school more than BCU right now. It was so frustrating reading the paper the other morning that I found myself giving the middle finger to a girl with a BCU sticker on the back of her car. Back to herbst, she will get us through this.

Reaction Score
She is aiming very high. She'll probably be around for 20 years.

Reaction Score
Here's a short video introducing Susan Herbst to the UConn community. To call her "all talk", "beg harder" or naive, is a complete mischaracterization of who she is and what she will (not might) obtain for UConn going forward. And as someone who has had a personal interaction with her, even this complimentary video doesn't do her justice. Don't bet against her.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2011/09/introducing-uconn-president-susan-herbst/

seems like a philosophical question to me. in western culture, we are taught that the individual controls their destiny and is ultimately responsible for success/failure. in eastern cultures, people believe that an individual has limited influence on their fate, and that they are in a sense "along for the ride". in this case, it is likely that herbst will receive either too much credit if uconn achieves success (in terms of conference realignment) or too much blame if they don't. it's possible that the actions of herbst could help determine the future of uconn athletics, but it is also possible that her actions won't determine anything.

Reaction Score
Well Orange, true leaders who act boldly get the credit and take the blame, whether fully deserved or not. And I agree with the poster who said the stadium will be expanded under her leadership. She's a big picture thinker and doer. Raising the endowment to $1Billion? No other UConn president ever envisioned the possibility enough to dream about it. Anyone want to bet against her getting it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom