Muffet Tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tara Vanderveer and Jeff Walz are 3a and 3.
Walz has a National Championship ring from The University of Maryland.
It's a matter of time before he lead The Cardinals - with an S - to the promise land.

I love the overt sexism of crediting Walz for that national championship instead of Frese.

If we're crediting national championships equally to assistants than you should be saying Chris Dailey is one of the two best coaches in the nation.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Whether she did or not, it’s ultimately the player’s decision what to do with their life. A good coach should support their players’ decisions no matter how it affects the program.

In my view, 45 days prior to the end of the season Jewell was obligated to inform the Coach she was leaning toward turning pro.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In my view, 45 days prior to the end of the season Jewell was obligated to inform the Coach she was leaning toward turning pro.
Where are you getting this 45 day obligation?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Why does your view say 45 days?
My take - it it was a shock to the coach, that's on the coach in most cases. They are supposed to have an understanding of their players. She should have been well aware it was a possibility.

That said, if she had previously told MM she was staying and out of the blue announced otherwise - yes, that is just wrong. That is on the player.

It is also ultimately none of our business, but that's beside the point.

Reaction Score
My take - it it was a shock to the coach, that's on the coach in most cases. They are supposed to have an understanding of their players. She should have been well aware it was a possibility.
That said, if she had previously told MM she was staying and out of the blue announced otherwise - yes, that is just wrong. That is on the player.

Sorry thought I was asking Mulder since it was his view.

Mulder

Reaction Score

Good point.

The coaching staff need a month and a half - 45 days - to decide whom to recruit for the following season.
If Jewell Loyd returns as your shooting guard, you recruit for other positions.

Reaction Score
Good point.

The coaching staff need a month and a half - 45 days - to decide whom to recruit for the following season.
Do transfers need to give 45 days notice in your mind also?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Good point.

Jewell Loyd spoke in a later interview about how socially and culturally isolated she felt in college. I believe she was in the midst of a low-grade traumatic experience. The last thing she needed to be worried about was some nonexistent "45 day" rule dreamt up by anonymous keyboard warriors.

Mulder

Reaction Score
Zanzman, my fertile mind doesn't care for the tenor of your post.

Reaction Score
Zanzman, my fertile mind doesn't care for the tenor of your post.
I’m asking if you feel transfers should give a 45 day notice also how is that wrong?

Reaction Score
That post season, Jewell was not playing like herself. She was forcing shots and playing selfishly. I remember several plays that she had in the NC where she forced shots that weren't there, and didn't pass out to open players. I believe she knew she was leaving by the NCAA tourney, and I thought so myself too. She played that way too.

I obviously dont know anything, but I believe that Muffett was blindsided by it. Jewell was going to be walking into a better situation than Young was going into. All starters would return including Allen, Mabrey1, Turner, and Reimer, and also possibly Cable (who flourished in Loyds spot). Plus Ogunbowale and Mabrey2 would be freshman. Young and Loyd do have similarities in that they were projected number 1's in their junior years, but only top 3 in their senior classes. It was smart on both of their parts to take the chance and go number 1.

Reaction Score
Good point.

Why so random with every comment?

Most eligible players don’t know for sure whether or not they want to declare until the time comes. It’s not the coach’s business if a player wants to declare. It’s only the player’s business. It’s their life. Their only obligation is to let the WNBA know 10 days ahead of the draft, unless they’re still playing. In that case, they have 24 hours after they’re done playing for the season to let the WNBA know if they’re entering the draft.

Wasn’t Geno surprised when Azura Stevens entered the draft early despite giving early indications that she was staying? I think he was surprised. But I haven’t heard anything about him treating her poorly.

I haven’t heard anything about McGraw treating Jackie Young poorly because she entered the draft early. I think that was even a bigger loss than Loyd. I don‘t believe this would be as disastrous of a season for them had Young stayed. Maybe McGraw learned something about being a human being from the heat she took from the Loyd incident.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maybe McGraw learned something about being a human being from the heat she took from the Loyd incident.
Kelso burn 2.gif

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Sorry, inadvertent reply to your post, was just wanting to put a stand alone post not replying to anyone.

Reaction Score
She’s my least favorite person in sports after her “we need to kick men out of women’s basketball and we need more women in men’s basketball” comments.
Perhaps that thought was just one that was not thought out well by her, because, obviously, men have things to offer the women's game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Perhaps that thought was just one that was not thought out well by her, because, obviously, men have things to offer the women's game.
It was just a convenient cudgel for her to indirectly bash Geno over the head with, as it coincided with her public "Geno's a bully" smear campaign. Obviously hypocritical since she herself had hired male assistants like McGuff and Tsipis (and her later efforts to explain away this contradiction were the most laughable of all).

The head coaching ranks of D1 women's basketball have much more of a color barrier than a gender barrier, since women actually make up a majority (about 60%) of D1 head coaches. But is Muffet gonna wax eloquent and passionate about how ADs shouldn't hire white people like her? Of course not. As I said, hyp-o-crite.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did she ever apologize or clarify or justify them?

Mulder

Reaction Score
Once upon a time, didn't Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird intimate they'd rather be coached by MEN!?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Once upon a time, didn't Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird intimate they'd rather be coached by MEN!?
Your point?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm not in the habit of explaining my posts.
You don't have to respond to them.
Why so touchy? Most people don't mind elaborating a tad if they actually have a point to make. Your use of all caps and an interrobang would suggest you're trying to make one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom