Muffet Tweet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lou talked about the ND fans who were harassing her during the post-game interview, you could tell she was very uncomfortable with it.

Isn't ND a parochial institution? I dare say these actions are not consistent with the behavior and social protocols they profess to govern themselves by. Haven't they prided themselves for decades as being one the top academic and sports programs in the country? And THIS is how they treat their guests, an opposing head coach, his players and the small contingent of UConn fans in attendance? Really? :confused:

And all of this in front of a national TV audience? Then refuse to acknowledge UConn in any of their apologies?!?....really? UConn Nation already had no love for anything Notre Dame, now this. I think the only program UConn may dislike more than ND is Tennessee.

Well.......maybe it's time to end the series with ND if their leader, Miss Muffet can't do any better than this.
First, an apology to Geno, his coaches and players should have already been given. It's absence is glaring, and speaks volumes. Notre Dame MUST show UConn the respect and common courtesy they expect when they come to Gampel or the XL.

Allowing her players to disrespect the UConn players, coaches and fans is unacceptable. I'm beginning to lose respect for Muffet. The next time she stands behind a microphone, and praises her players and program in a presser, somebody hand me a "barf bag" please. :confused: The good thing for Lou is she'll NEVER have to play in South Bend ever again. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What's interesting is if you go to the ND board there's a lot of right thinking fans that are none to happy and are quite embarrassed with and by what they perceived as their players arrogance, lack of humility, sense of entitlement, immaturity and lack of character. Although we two groups of fans are on opposite sides of the court, most are on the same side here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just saw a so called football player, who shall remain nameless, apologize for kicking his girlfriend after he threw her to the ground. He really looked and sounded oh so sorry. Words mean nothing, future behavior means everything.
Words of apology, especially those written, are easy to present. In my youth they'd say: The proof is in the pudding: meaning Actions are better than words; prove it.
I saw a video of maybe the same player tackling his girlfriend with a body slam; that is criminal and should be prosecuted. You touch me that's assault, you hit me that battery both are charges of criminal acts.

Reaction Score
Well..maybe it's time to end the series with ND if their leader, Miss Muffet can't do any better than this, by not issuing an apology to Geno, his players and staff, nor holding her players accountable and allow them to totally disrespect the UConn players, coaches and fans, and not issue an apology to THEM. :eek: The good thing for Lou is she'll NEVER have to play in South Bend ever again. :D
No way! WAY too much fun to see them lose it when we kick their asses. Pouty faces, insincere apologies, abject humiliation - Priceless!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
did Arike pull the same stunts with Oregon State earlier this season as well?
This game got to be chippy at times as demonstrated by an Ogunbowale elbow that was jabbed into the throat of Janessa Thropay. She was eventually charged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the referees reviewed the tape when play came to a stop on a Thropay blocking foul against Ogunbowale. How it was justified she could stay in the game was beyond me.

Oregon State Women’s Basketball Can’t Finish Upset Against Notre Dame, Fall 91-81

There was this from March too

Ogunbowale was whistled for a technical foul for kicking her leg up and tripping FSU's Nicki Ekhomu after a turnover with 59.1 seconds left in the first half. Ekhomu hit both free throws for a 41-40 lead, part of FSU's 14-4 run to close the second quarter and erase a 38-29 deficit.

No. 5 Notre Dame women top No. 11 Florida St 90-80 in ACCs

I can sorta, almost understand losing ones mind once but three times in 9 months?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't ND a parochial institution? Haven't they prided themselves for decades as being one the top academic and sports programs in the country? And THIS is how they treat their guests, an opposing head coach, the players and the small contingent of UConn fans in attendance? Really?

And all of this in front of a national TV audience? Then refuse to acknowledge UConn in any apology?!?....really?UConn Nation already had no love for the Irish, now this. I think the only program UConn may dislike more than ND is Tennessee.

Well..maybe it's time to end the series with ND if their leader, Miss Muffet can't do any better than this, by not issuing an apology to Geno, his players and staff, nor holding her players accountable and allow them to totally disrespect the UConn players, coaches and fans, and not issue an apology to THEM. :eek: The good thing for Lou is she'll NEVER have to play in South Bend ever again. :D

Scoop: you are usually hard to disagree with but --I think ending the series is a wrong move. Geno waited forever and never got the UT apology he wanted, yet he is willingly playing UT again. That game was a rough game; many games with ND are almost for blood. If you recall Maya's final game --if that didn't end the series this last contest shouldn't either.
The game was hard fought and in the view (excluding Dangers/AO's incounter)
and not much more than we saw in the Stef Dolson era.
A.O. was way out of line in 2 maybe 3 instances--I don't put her behavior on the whole team. Uconn will face a lot of physical play trying to get one of the 6 in foul trouble knowing the team must then be less aggressive (ND's game plan). You can't stop playing all. I don't support that Uconn start choking or punching or driving to hurt that isn't the game I love. But don't hang the whole ND group for one or 2.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Isn't ND a parochial institution?"

I remember attending a UConn game against Providence, another parochial institution, at the Dunkin Center where a bunch of female Friar fans held up a sign saying "***K UConn." They were probably nuns. Different times then when the good Sisters of the Holy Ghost taught me my manners - with the edge of a ruler.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The best way to deal with Muffet and ND is to beat there a#s every time. That is the best retaliation. I like how UConn held its poise and carried themselves like champions.

As for Muffet and ND, they deserve our scorn as well as their own fans' scorn. No respect here.

Do not expect any change from ND in their on court behavior. This type of physical play is acceptable in the eyes of the Irish coach. It has been going on for a long time. So it will continue. If Muffet is truly sorrow for the behavior, Arike would have been suspended by now.

I'm glad that neither Chrystal nor Christyn were hurt by Arike's actions.

Reaction Score
I think all these apologies are trying to clean things up so the NCAA doesn't make suspension. When you add up everything that happened during that game, a suspension of a half or whole game is warranted. ND would serve themselves well if they initiated the suspension themselves.

Reaction Score
I miss Taurasi. She would have returned their inappropriate gestures and added a few of her own.
You would value such a response?! Sorry, but you just embarrassed yourself.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We'll NEVER know because Geno ain't talking, but I think the decision to resume the Tennessee series was made over Geno's head. :confused: I can't remember the year, but a media member asked him if he ever considered resuming the Tennessee series, he said No. I don't believe he changed or "softened" his stance on Maya and her mom getting an apology from Tennessee BEFORE the series resumed. I believe Geno was pressured by external forces in high places to resume the series.
No, it was Geno. He and Holly are friendly. There other antagonists in the Tenn athletic department have moved on (I’m not referring to Pat)

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind ending the series. I mean look at how our games with them at their arena is like the biggest thing in the world. We help them in recruiting by building their brand and visibility. I think if we stop playing them and build other rivalries I think other programs can succeed and potentiallly Take some of the recruiting luster away from ND. Recruiting is the life line of a program. ND got to where it is because of the Big East and the rivalry with UCONN. I think Tennessee has lost some of its brand from not playing UConn. Just my opinion

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No, it was Geno. He and Holly are friendly. There other antagonists in the Tenn athletic department have moved on (I’m not referring to Pat)

Thanks for the clarification. I'll remove that post. :cool:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This game got to be chippy at times as demonstrated by an Ogunbowale elbow that was jabbed into the throat of Janessa Thropay. She was eventually charged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the referees reviewed the tape when play came to a stop on a Thropay blocking foul against Ogunbowale. How it was justified she could stay in the game was beyond me.

Oregon State Women’s Basketball Can’t Finish Upset Against Notre Dame, Fall 91-81

There was this from March too

Ogunbowale was whistled for a technical foul for kicking her leg up and tripping FSU's Nicki Ekhomu after a turnover with 59.1 seconds left in the first half. Ekhomu hit both free throws for a 41-40 lead, part of FSU's 14-4 run to close the second quarter and erase a 38-29 deficit.

No. 5 Notre Dame women top No. 11 Florida St 90-80 in ACCs

I can sorta, almost understand losing ones mind once but three times in 9 months?
And these are only the incidents that made it into the press. The upper pointy portion of an iceberg comes to mind.

Reaction Score
As a UCONN WCBB fan but ND alumnus, I agree that Ms. McGraw's twitter statement didn't go far enough, and neither did Ogunbalwale's statement, in which she essentially blamed Geno for her own actions. The UCONN WCBB team is owed an apology, especially Crystal. Not sure what is up with ND; I thought we were better than this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1543984282706.png

I love Dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members