MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested | Page 6 | The Boneyard

MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested

Reaction Score
In the Deep South you have Coke distributors and Pepsi distributors with exclusive contracts for schools, convention centers, etc. Dr Pepper and specifically Diet Dr Pepper is normally sold in the Pepsi contracts and saves them as most people down here don’t drink Pepsi and Diet Pepsi. In the Coke contracts Dr Pepper is normally not included as Diet Coke is far more popular.
However RC Cola (another version of Coke/Pepsi) and Sundrop (another version of Mountain Dew/Mello Yello) are still fairly popular too.
I can’t imagine not having these options. What kind of third world are you people living???? Finally, what the hell is this term “soda”? It’s all “coke”. If it’s capitalized then it’s the proper name Coke.

cheerwine, Dr Pepper, and Sundrop etc are definitely not cokes.

but a Pepsi is for sure.

nobody really has RC to offer but I guess it qualifies. RC is good.

all the generics colas do as well.

Reaction Score
For some reason, the South has led the way in terms of the creation of sodas. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Mello Yello, Mountain Dew, Cheerwine, RC Cola, and so and so. When you have be brought up drinking a certain soda.. you don't even consider that it may not be found in other parts of the country? How many of yall have ever heard of NuGrape? Its so good that I would almost fight an Nile Crocodile for a six pack.

If they have an Arby's in your area.. they sell Diet Dr Pepper too.

Nu Grape is good. Haven't had one in years.

orange soda too. Not even sure what the brand is there. Sunkist? Always have had the generics for that mostly. Bi-Lo or the Kroger brand.

Reaction Score
Got you. Sounds like how Canadians reacted when Krispy Kremes started to open up in Toronto. Unfortunately, there's only one location but the line ups there are still lengthy.

Now, anything that has the word "wine" in it is very dangerous for me :D but I'm curious as to what Cheerwine is. Is it like a rootbeer? That's the impression when I saw pictures of it on the website when I looked them up.
Krispy Kreme has suffered so much from the MBAs taking over.

I ordered a vanilla krullervthe other day and you'd have thought I asked for flux capacitor.

how do you discontinue your greatest donut? (It probably happened ten years ago or something)

Reaction Score
Would you rather talk about the distribution of UConn’s minutes, starting lineup, or hear more opinions on ONO? Besides, discussing the relative merits of food/drink is a Boneyard tradition in the off season
I do think it's funny tho that "Jessika Carter's arrest" is one of the top areas of interest on the BY. :)

Reaction Score
Nu Grape is good. Haven't had one in years.

orange soda too. Not even sure what the brand is there. Sunkist? Always have had the generics for that mostly. Bi-Lo or the Kroger brand.
The two most common in the south are Sunkist (distributed by Dr Pepper), Fanta (distributed by Coke), Slice (distributed by Pepsi) and Crush (distributed by Dr Pepper). Sunkist is great, especially Diet Sunkist.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't purchase alot of soda, but on the way home this afternoon from the doctor's... I had a taste for one.... figured it would be good to wash down my deluxe pizza with extra cheese. Stopped by a gas station... picked out a 20oz Cheerwine (of course) and took it to the cashier. He said $2.12 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I could have gotten a 2 liter at the grocery store for alot less than that.

Man, was it good... and cold... and strong... felt a few hairs popping out of my chest after I finished the last drop.

And if the next time I go to the doctor and she mentions that I need to cut back on the cheerwine and pizza with extra cheese.... I know one of yall snitched. :mad::mad::mad:

Reaction Score
I don't purchase alot of soda, but on the way home this afternoon from the doctor's... I had a taste for one.... figured it would be good to wash down my deluxe pizza with extra cheese. Stopped by a gas station... picked out a 20oz Cheerwine (of course) and took it to the cashier. He said $2.12 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I could have gotten a 2 liter at the grocery store for alot less than that.

Man, was it good... and cold... and strong... felt a few hairs popping out of my chest after I finished the last drop.

And if the next time I go to the doctor and she mentions that I need to cut back on the cheerwine and pizza with extra cheese.... I know one of yall snitched. :mad::mad::mad:
I thought you drank real wine with those extra cheesy pizzas!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No, nothing like a root beer. It's hard to explain the taste to someone who has never had it..... but maybe if a Cherry Coke had a affair with Dr Pepper... Cheerwine would be like its illegitimate child???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: It's better than both....... very cherry flavor to it.... its strong. One thing I didn't realize is that it has a high Caffeine amount.... more than most other sodas. I used to think it didnt have any.... and I would guzzle a 16-32 oz cup of it at 2:30am.. and wonder why I had trouble falling asleep.

One thing about it..... Unless its a NC based Chain Restaurant (Bojangles, Cookout, Biscuitville).. its near impossible to find it on tap. You really should order a 6 pack from Amazon... and if you don't like it... I'll reimburse you maybe

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
No, nothing like a root beer. It's hard to explain the taste to someone who has never had it..... but maybe if a Cherry Coke had a affair with Dr Pepper... Cheerwine would be like its illegitimate child???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: It's better than both....... very cherry flavor to it.... its strong. One thing I didn't realize is that it has a high Caffeine amount.... more than most other sodas. I used to think it didnt have any.... and I would guzzle a 16-32 oz cup of it at 2:30am.. and wonder why I had trouble falling asleep.

One thing about it..... Unless its a NC based Chain Restaurant (Bojangles, Cookout, Biscuitville).. its near impossible to find it on tap. You really should order a 6 pack from Amazon... and if you don't like it... I'll reimburse you maybe
I agree with you on Root Beer. The best we have here in St. Louis is Fitz's and Barques. The best I ever had was at an amusement park in Denver called Elitch's (sp). That was in the 60's. It was a fountain drink in which the soda was poured first and then the foam was poured on top. The foam tasted as good as the soda. Can't find it served that way anymore.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
This sounds like me when I try to explain pork roll to friends here. To my knowledge it seems to be a South Jersey/Philadelphia thing as I've only been able to have it when I'm in that area. My good friend in NJ tortures me with FB posts of her having it when she can.
NJ in particular is known for it. The Philadelphia equivalent is probably scrapple, which I don't indulge in and has a reputation as a "mystery" meat.

We can get Taylor Ham / Pork Roll here in AZ, in fact the local Fry's (a Kroger subsidiary) carries it. But it isn't available everywhere. I don't know of any restaurant serving it, however. In NJ it is a breakfast staple - Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll (not that I eat it that way, I'm a plain pork roll sandwich guy).

Reaction Score
NJ in particular is known for it. The Philadelphia equivalent is probably scrapple, which I don't indulge in and has a reputation as a "mystery" meat.

We can get Taylor Ham / Pork Roll here in AZ, in fact the local Fry's (a Kroger subsidiary) carries it. But it isn't available everywhere. I don't know of any restaurant serving it, however. In NJ it is a breakfast staple - Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll (not that I eat it that way, I'm a plain pork roll sandwich guy).
Plain sandwich, in an egg sandwich, fried up on its own.....all good to me. Just wish it was more accessible. I'd use it for Eggs Benedict instead of peameal bacon for a twist anytime.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You guys are terrible.... talking about food again. :( There is a Deli here in town that Ive gone to off and on for years... and I've seen a Taylor Ham on the menu. I was always curious what was the difference between Taylor ham and regular ham, but never asked. I just looked again on the menu, and it says a Taylor Ham & Cheese Burger.... Im not sure if its just a Taylor Ham.. with cheese, and cooked on the grill. Or perhaps its a Taylor Ham on top of a cheeseburger. Looks like I will have to make a trip over there an report back. :mad:

About Scrapple.. there is a Sub place here that sells Scrapple Salad... and I thnk Scrapple subs... I may have to investigate that as well.

From what I have researched... sounds like Scrapple is like Livermush which is big down here.

Reaction Score
How is this “of
You guys are terrible.... talking about food again. :( There is a Deli here in town that Ive gone to off and on for years... and I've seen a Taylor Ham on the menu. I was always curious what was the difference between Taylor ham and regular ham, but never asked. I just looked again on the menu, and it says a Taylor Ham & Cheese Burger.... Im not sure if its just a Taylor Ham.. with cheese, and cooked on the grill. Or perhaps its a Taylor Ham on top of a cheeseburger. Looks like I will have to make a trip over there an report back. :mad:

About Scrapple.. there is a Sub place here that sells Scrapple Salad... and I thnk Scrapple subs... I may have to investigate that as well.

From what I have researched... sounds like Scrapple is like Livermush which is big down here.
Uh, Uh, pass.....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme has suffered so much from the MBAs taking over.

I ordered a vanilla krullervthe other day and you'd have thought I asked for flux capacitor.

how do you discontinue your greatest donut? (It probably happened ten years ago or something)
Best twist of phrase on the Boneyard in quite some time.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Speaking of "what's that" -- is that scrapple diced up with mayo and celery? Or scrapple on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes?

Either way -- eeww. I actually like scrapple in a limited context.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Even though I grew up in NJ, I've never had Taylor Ham or Pork Roll. I should seek some out the next time I'm up north.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on Root Beer. The best we have here in St. Louis is Fitz's and Barques. The best I ever had was at an amusement park in Denver called Elitch's (sp). That was in the 60's. It was a fountain drink in which the soda was poured first and then the foam was poured on top. The foam tasted as good as the soda. Can't find it served that way anymore.
What about good ole A&W Root beer?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
What about good ole A&W Root beer?
Yes, but, A&W is best when gotten from a fountain when the foam is poured separately. That may have been A&W that I got in Denver.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I've been wondering for days how this thread keeps being active when there really hasn't been an update to the story outside the initial report but after a few glances I'm both shaking my head and mildly laughing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I know this may sound like heresy, but I've never bonded with donuts.
You’ve never had Neil’s in Wallingford, then.

789A2539-0C3F-4FC7-9C48-DCACD78D7E7E.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Since the pandemic started I have started to drink Diet Cheerwine and have grown to like it. I tried it because it's hard to find Diet or Zero Sugar Wild Cherry Pepsi in Food Lion, Wal-Mart or Lowes Food. But Diet Cheerwine is easy to find.

I didn't know about the difference in Caffeine amounts though...
Ya learn something new everyday!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom