Most Hated Opponents Starting Five | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most Hated Opponents Starting Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I remember seeing Pitt fans totally convinced that the play wasn't 100% dirty..... totally delusional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Blair for ruining Thabeet's shoulder
McNamara for living
Devendorf for breathing

Easily my top 3, but hate them enough to count for 5.

Reaction Score
If you look at current opponents: Troy Caupain, Nic the Dick, Marcus Kennedy...
Adding Kedren Johnson from Memphis, guy's a first rate scumbag on the court, spends every second acting and whining to the refs

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
If you look at current opponents: Troy Caupain, Nic the Dick, Marcus Kennedy...
Or a recent opponent, Sean Kilpatrick I think he's still whining about AAC POY and how they should've beaten UConn.

Reaction Score
The starting 5 in this case aren't necessarily the most talented, just the guys you hated the most

PG Troy Caupain
SG Eric Devendorf
SF Lawrence Moten
PF DeJuan Blair
C Christian Laettner

Love the Troy Caupain pick. Probably my current least favorite player in CBB.

Reaction Score
My lineup is small-ball and white, which is odd because I'm a 5'10 white guy.

1- Mike Nardi
2 - McNamara
3- Devendorf
4 - JJ Redick
5- Tyler Hansborough
Was about to post JJ Redick!!! Wouldn't shake our hands too. Laettner, Devo, playing Providence in general (as we are their Super Bowl it seems).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was about to post JJ Redick!!! Wouldn't shake our hands too.
I covered Redick on page one.

Speaking of shaking hands, we were out on the Riverwalk, very late, outside of some bar after the 2004 semis and Duhon was kind of holding court with some ladies and other hangers-on around him. We had been stumbling around for a while alongside some other UConn ne'er-do-wells looking for trouble and one of the guys from among them strode confidently up to Duhon, giving off all the right signals of a Duke fan looking to shake his hand and give him some love. At the last second before he reached Duhon's face he launched into a beautifully horrifying, alcohol-fueled, expeletive-driven tirade about how badly Duhon sucked and had gotten punked, had his ass beaten by UConn, etc. It was one of the more impressive things I saw all weekend.

Pretty sure that the same guy walked straight into the river around the next bend, too, because he was so hammered.

Good times.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Kittles
Devendorf
Blair
Hansborough
Siva

Anyone in Orange off the bench
This thread bringz back some great and terrible memories. Spurred some more thoughts...

Who was the power forward from Miami who killed is for years.

I liked the add of danya Abrams, but hard not to add him and fail to mention bill Curley.

I still despise Jamison and carter for the alley oop at the end of the elite eight game. Still gets me fired up just thinking about it.

Is squid the head coach of this team? Assistants? Mine would be boehim, Huggins, and like ten ties for the last assistant spot.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It's got to have Chrissy, Hansboro and Dejuan Blaire on the front line. And regardless of what position he played, Preston Shumpert joins Devendorf to make up my all orange back court.

Coach, It's a toss up between the Squid and Satan.

Reaction Score
I was never a fan of Bobby Hurley. I know this is really rude to say, but he had a look about him that made me want to smack him. Kind of that punk as& smirk, and slapping the floors, etc. Obviously Laettner (which has been mentioned) was the king of cockiness and tops the list.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Is squid the head coach of this team? Assistants? Mine would be boehim, Huggins, and like ten ties for the last assistant spot.
Mike Jarvis.

Reaction Score
PG - Gerry McNamara
SG - Victor Paige
SF - Lawrence Moten
PF/C - Dajuan Blair
C - Constantin Popa (couldn't stand looking at him)

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Mike Jarvis.
Not bad. I always hated Walsh when he was at PC. Could not stand Howland, but for some reason I kind of always liked Jamie Dixon, ban me from the Yard for blasphemy. Hated OBrien, but don't think we ever lost to him, so hard to hate him too much. Huggins though I always hated. Probably half the way his teams always killed us, half his tracksuits, but just can't stand him.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I suppose my bench would be Nic Moore, Peyton Siva, Gerry McNamara, JJ Redick, Chris Thomas, Kyle McAlarney, and Fab Melo.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My walk-ons would be Kerry Kittles, Mike Nardi and Kadeem Batts. Squid's the head coach with Jamie Dixon, Jim Boeheim, Mike Krzyzewski and Mike Brey as assistants.

Reaction Score
Good call on Hancock so smug and I'm pretty sure he didn't miss against us.

seriously. never missed. turned into neils giffey whenever they played us (with one less ring of course). I don't even know if he was smug, could have just been confident and white at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom