Mora’s Haunted House on Game Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mora’s Haunted House on Game Day

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Him Mora?
Kids these days use the term “him” as a synonym for “the man” or “the best” etc.

See Stefon Diggs GIF:

1666966611492.gif

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> In August Mora, who did TV work during his time out of coaching, told ESPN’s Pete Thamel that he was living in a haunted house, a six-minute walk from campus. Doors opening and closing, strange noises, shadows, all that was missing was 6-foot-9 butler named “Lurch.”

“I’m convinced it’s haunted,” Mora said. “I just warn everyone who stays that it’s haunted, but they’re good ghosts.”

In that location, it could just be echoes from a 1970s toga party Mora is hearing, but a little humor goes a long way in a sport that allows so little of it. Thamel brought up the ghost story in a production meeting and, with Halloween a couple of days away, ESPN sent reporter Gene Wojciechowski to Storrs with a production crew and a team of paranormal investigators from Boston, they kid me not, to investigate Mora’s claims. No spoiler: Their findings will be revealed in the segment.

“I’m not going to give away he findings, but let’s just say its very interesting,” said ESPN’s Drew Gallagher, a BC grad and coordinating producer of GameDay. “It’s fun, and we love doing stories that are off-beat and different, so we figured, ‘what the hell?’”

And while they were at the creaky, kooky Mora residence, ESPN held up a candle to illuminate the subject, a coach with NFL and Power Five credentials taking on a task most think is impossible, and making a little headway in his first year.

“It starts with Jim Mora,” Gallagher said. “We know he’s a good character and would have some fun with a story like this. He’s a different kind of coach, he kind of gets it. Even if they were like 0-11, it would be a fun story. But the truth is, they are moving in the right direction, so it is a way to spotlight it. We take pride in covering the entire sport and I think UConn is one of the good stories in the sport this season.” <-

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> In August Mora, who did TV work during his time out of coaching, told ESPN’s Pete Thamel that he was living in a haunted house, a six-minute walk from campus. Doors opening and closing, strange noises, shadows, all that was missing was 6-foot-9 butler named “Lurch.”

Where's Tyler Olander when you need him?

Reaction Score
I just caught part of the college gameday special at Coach Mora's house. It truly is haunted.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was a pretty good segment. A little bit of marking of Mora and Connecticut football, but not much. Anyone else look at the dowsing rods sediment and think “Pssh give me a break.” Somehow they didn’t seem too supernatural to me and I actually buy into dowsing rods.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I love this because a lot of people still don’t know Mora is coaching the Huskies. I am amazed how many football fans that I meet on the west coast that didn’t know UConn hired Mora. And when I tell them they are surprised…and impressed.

People like and respect Mora. What a great hire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom