Monday Night Football - Manningcast | The Boneyard

Monday Night Football - Manningcast

Reaction Score
This is on topic for the following reason. Strahan was a guest. He noted that the Giants defensive back tackling technique was faulty. "Take another step." Don't lunge. Strahan noted this as the DB went for the feet and missed the takle.

This is something the Husky defenfensive backs have done all season. They come up and lunge at the feet of receivers. It's TERRIBLE technique. The cure is very simple. Take another step. Hope we were watching.

Reaction Score
This is on topic for the following reason. Strahan was a guest. He noted that the Giants defensive back tackling technique was faulty. "Take another step." Don't lunge. Strahan noted this as the DB went for the feet and missed the takle.

This is something the Husky defenfensive backs have done all season. They come up and lunge at the feet of receivers. It's TERRIBLE technique. The cure is very simple. Take another step. Hope we were watching.
I was thinking the same thing when watching last night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn's players lunge because they take bad angles, are unsure of their assignment and react vice anticipate putting them a step behind, or are just too plain slow to get there. So, they're left with lunging to try and make contact.

Reaction Score
It might be more than a technique issue for a program that once proudly put DBs in the league

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I couldn’t agree more. Need to take another step!

Reaction Score
I couldn’t agree more. Need to take another step!
And actually extend the arms and wrap. This submarine shoulder hit is so fundamentally unsound it just kills me. It’s basically guys afraid to make full contact and take the punishment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom