Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I switched to UCLA-Maryland from ND-Michigan State. Is ND shooting percentage improved?
They've scored 41 points in less than 15 minutes. I'd say that's good enough, whatever the percentage.

Reaction Score
ND looks awesome. They are going to be hard to beat unless you can slow them down.

Plebe

Reaction Score
ND looks awesome. They are going to be hard to beat unless you can slow them down.
Mich St not exactly known for defense and it's showing.
ND already has 10 offensive rebounds.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:19 left 2nd quarter, NC State up 31-26. Kentucky has started to bother NC State with its defense and fighting for loose balls.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Part of their current "Awesomeness" has to do with who they're playing. I didn't think Mich St. deserved to win their first game.

Reaction Score
Historically - No

Its frustrating to watch

There is so much talent but I feel like the team as a whole could be on an entirely other level if they would buy into playing defense and stop turning the ball over.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
From what I have seen so far in the UCLA v Md game I would rather face Md. UCLA getting a lot of Off Rebounds and having their way in the paint. Md making stupid mistakes, so far.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So where's the whip around coverage? Notre Dame looks good, but this game is a complete blowout and not interesting to non-ND fans. Switch already. I've got UCLA-Maryland going on the computer but I'd rather see something else on TV.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
ESPN can leave the screen blank during the breaks as far as I'm concerned. It's beats the same 3 or 4 commercials played ad nauseum :)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So where's the whip around coverage? Notre Dame looks good, but this game is a complete blowout and not interesting to non-ND fans. Switch already. I've got UCLA-Maryland going on the computer but I'd rather see something else on TV.

They'll "Whip" when the other games are almost done. They think the world is in love with ND.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It seems like ND gets more foul calls than any team ever

I believe ND leads the country in FTs made. They did the last time I checked. (edit-2nd to Buffalo per Her Hoop stats)

I am aware the cynics will think this is evidence of bias.

I submit that ND has two excellent post players and two of the best guards in the country at attacking the rim.

Last edited:

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
About 5 min. left 38-30 UCLA lead after Dean 3. UConn's rebounding stats aren't gonna improve if they play UCLA, though they get a lot of rebounds cause they miss a lot of layups.
I think Comcast lost the feed so I'm in the dark ... nope, I'm back because of commercial break.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You need to use a Roku or Apple TV or Chromecast or HDMI cable to get all the games on your large screen. It's a difference maker.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Halftime in Raleigh: NC State leading Kentucky, 35-30. NC State out rebounding the Wildcats, 25-18, but Kentucky doing better on the offensive glass, 10-8. That will be a key part of Wes Moore's comments in the lockerroom, I'm sure.

Ace Konig and DD Rogers each have two fouls for the Wolfpack Women.

Reaction Score
UCLA has 17 offensive rebounds lol

Maryland's freshmen Austin and Mikesell have impressed me. Austin showed some midrange game with a nice jumper.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Onyenware sitting with 2 fouls around 2:40. There goes the UCLA offense. Maryland within 4, 44-40 at the end of the half. A little reminiscent of yesterday's UConn-Buff 4th quarter.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA has gotten sloppy, several careless turnovers. 44-40 at halftime. UCLA w/ 17 O boards already! Tennessee kept them somewhat under control but they are killing Maryland in that department.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
All these low attendance numbers in those games. Man....

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You need to use a Roku or Apple TV or Chromecast or HDMI cable to get all the games on your large screen. It's a difference maker.

There are cable systems that will also allow access to the internet games. I have Cox here in CT and we can watch the other games using the Cox Box. It takes a few minutes at the beginning of each round of games to create placetags for the different games then you can move between them with a click.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Yet Antonelli advocates for true neutral sites. They tried that once and the announcers were about the only ones there :p

The pre-determined sites were a disaster. WBB, while growing, isn't quite ready for that, yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom