Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I tell ya, BYU is gonna be a team to watch next year. They only have 1 senior, a fairly minor player at that. Gonzales, a freshman, just put 32 on Stanford. She also terrorized Gonzaga this year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They had 12 top 50 wins and 7 top 25 wins, including wins over UConn, South Carolina, Arizona State and Iowa State x3. Edit to add: forgot to mention South Dakota State.

You could argue that Notre Dame deserved the overall #1 but Baylor didn't have losses to teams like North Carolina or Miami.

Can't say I consider ASU or ISU that high-quality of opponent. South Carolina was a mess at the beginning of the year when they played Baylor.

Reaction Score
I tell ya, BYU is gonna be a team to watch next year. They only have 1 senior, a fairly minor player at that. Gonzales, a freshman, just put 32 on Stanford. She also terrorized Gonzaga this year.
IMO She is one of the more underrated players in the country.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Can't say I consider ASU or ISU that high-quality of opponent. South Carolina was a mess at the beginning of the year when they played Baylor.
Fair enough but they still had the best overall resume when you factor in they only had 1 loss. Notre Dame, Louisville, Oregon and Stanford all had better wins but also worse losses.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They said they only lose one senior starter and the rest return

BYU should be one to watch next year. I'm impressed with how they played and competed. Good for them, they made things with Stanford really interesting there for a bit.

WCC could be interesting next year. Gonzaga returns plenty but need to reload a little bit. BYU might be the favorite. LMU and Pacific have some nice players. Not sure about some of the other teams that finished near the top this season (Pepperdine, St. Mary's).

Reaction Score
Slocum/Pivec were strong down the stretch. If nothing else, they are battle tested
Yes, OSU is battle tested. I know, deep in his heart, nwhoopfan roots for OSU, but gosh darn, he is more critical of OSU than I am? I was at the game, and the big difference for OSU was Rueck played Maddie Washington more minutes than Grymek today. Grymek is going to play, but I think Rueck is going with a kid, MW, that knows the OSU system, and, even at 6'1", can defend taller players. Destiny Slocum had 2 fouls in the 1st 4 minutes of quarter 1, and had to sit most of the 1st half. Pivec was her normal SuperWoman self again. Taya Corosdale was fantastic again. Bottom line, OSU isn't playing pretty at the moment, but they won't quit until the clock shows 0:00. If the Louisville game is close at end of Q4, OSU has proven to me, they are very difficult to put away.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes, OSU is battle tested. I know, deep in his heart, nwhoopfan roots for OSU, but gosh darn, he is more critical of OSU than I am?

These first two games in the Tourney were really hard to watch. They keep winning, I'll give them that. I still think they desperately need McWilliams to start producing on offense. Louisville blew them away last year, I hope for a better outcome this year but I'm definitely not feeling confident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom