MNT's 2023 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2023

Reaction Score
Even if you just stick to the soccer, Greggg is not good.

This team just plays much more free without him.

With his complex rules and “homework” I don’t even think the players understand what he wants.

Good national teams have systems that don’t take much effort to install. They get off the plane from their club teams and they go.

National team coaches don’t develop players. They don’t have the time. They basically borrow players for a few weeks at a time. Gregggg is trying to run a club system on a national team. And you lose effectiveness when you do that in my opinion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't stand Gregg. But the assault issue is a moot point. He's with the same woman decades later with out even a hint of recurrence. It needs to be taken off the table. Let's stick to the fact that our coach is at a lower level than the players.

Reaction Score
BJ is an upgrade over Gggg.

He wears Nike polos that look like they came from Dick’s and his team scores.

Gggg wears $10k Jordan’s and his teams don’t score.

Reaction Score
Crazy to think that the USMNT beat Canada pretty easily while playing perhaps a "B" game (nowhere close to their "A" game). The guy Berhalter benched and set up for the doghouse with his inane decision - making showed why Greg is a moron. And the fanboy Berhalter apologists can't use his winning the Nations League as a point in his favor when the interim-interim coach did the same in a much more impressive fashion. All in all a good night, the only negatives being Gio's injury (and Miles Robinson's from the game before).

Reaction Score
I can't stand Gregg. But the assault issue is a moot point. He's with the same woman decades later with out even a hint of recurrence. It needs to be taken off the table. Let's stick to the fact that our coach is at a lower level than the players.

Women often stay with their abuser. It is absolutely does NOT absolve anyone of their crime nor of the behavior. The only reason it is being allowed is because the soccer is under the radar. If he was an NFL coach, there would be hell to pay.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Women often stay with their abuser. It is absolutely does NOT absolve anyone of their crime nor of the behavior. The only reason it is being allowed is because the soccer is under the radar. If he was an NFL coach, there would be hell to pay.
No sale, Pal. It's been 30 years, they raised a family together. He shouldn't be the coach because he's a lousy coach.

Reaction Score
No sale, Pal. It's been 30 years, they raised a family together. He shouldn't be the coach because he's a lousy coach.
I'll be completely honest-I'm not a Greg Berhalter fan at all. However, it would be unfair to say he's a lousy coach. He's just a thoroughly mediocre coach, who got the job through pure nepotism + the incestuous US Soccer/MLS relationship, and who retained the job through pure incompetence/laziness of the same organization. It's on him to prove that he can elevate the talent level that this team has just displayed and make them better(I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not hopeful). His supporters like to point to the fact that he won the Nations League, Gold Cup, and made it to the knockouts in the World Cup-I'd say that's the minimum level of achievement necessary, not something to be praised; the interim-interim coach/manager just won the Nations League in a MUCH more impressive fashion, and is a strong favorite to do the same next month with the Gold Cup. But his overall coaching record isn't lousy-it's mediocre. It's like the way the Premier League, the NFL, NBA, etc. always seem to just recycle coaches; these organizations don't like to take risks, so they'd rather be mediocre with a known mediocre coach than reach for excellence and fail. Like in IT, the saying was something like "nobody ever got fired for buying Intel/IBM/Dell, etc." But all those brands/companies have gone through a downturn, and decision-makers who can't recognize that WILL get fired for making those choices.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Do you really believe if an NFL coach was good or great that they wouldn't be hired because of a twenty year old spousal abuse claim, one that was never prosecuted? Yeah, the NFL is that enlightened.

Now if the coach wasn't very good, ala GB...

Reaction Score
You think he gets a pass in the NFL? Right. Guess you never heard to the me too movement.

The federation ran an investigation and said he was guilty. That doesn't mean it was the only time. Abusers rarely abuse just once. It's just one that you know about. As to the 30 years. Yep it happens.

Educate thyself. 8 Reasons Women Stay in Abusive Relationships

Reaction Score
You think he gets a pass in the NFL? Right. Guess you never heard to the me too movement.

The federation ran an investigation and said he was guilty. That doesn't mean it was the only time. Abusers rarely abuse just once. It's just one that you know about. As to the 30 years. Yep it happens.

Educate thyself. 8 Reasons Women Stay in Abusive Relationships

That would make him more appealing to the NFL. The NFL loves them some violent abusers.

Reaction Score
I'm failing to follow your thinking???? What point are you trying to make?
Bieniemy has failed to get a NFL head coaching job for previous bad behavior even though he has been one of the best OC in the NFL. One of the reasons is that when he led Colorado, his players were accused of numerous r-a-p-e-s. And he is accused of running a lax program that didn't hold his players accountable. He, himself, is not accused of violence against women. But just being associated with it, and running a program that seemed to be a tacit approval of it, is a huge black mark.

I find it amazing that so many on this board excuse violence against women with tired old excuses that don't hold water and don't understand the world (and NFL) have moved on. Read the posts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bieniemy has failed to get a NFL head coaching job for previous bad behavior even though he has been one of the best OC in the NFL. One of the reasons is that when he led Colorado, his players were accused of numerous r-a-p-e-s. And he is accused of running a lax program that didn't hold his players accountable. He, himself, is not accused of violence against women. But just being associated with it, and running a program that seemed to be a tacit approval of it, is a huge black mark.

I find it amazing that so many on this board excuse violence against women with tired old excuses that don't hold water and don't understand the world (and NFL) have moved on. Read the posts.
LOL at that being the reason!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Bieniemy has been arrested multiple times. (Bar fight, harrassing a female, traffic violations, among other things). And yet, he still has a job.

If you're good enough, you can get away with anything in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Pulisic with a great debut for AC Milan. A sweet goal off a 1-2 with Giroux and a hockey assist.

Imagine thinking that getting rid of Giroud for Lukaku is the right call. Chelsea baby.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GGG (or POS, as I call him) calls in his first roster after his re-instatement.:mad: Decent roster. Reyna, Sargent, Adams, a few others are injured. We play Uzbekistan on 9/9 (St. Louis) and Oman (St. Paul) on 9/12.

GK - Matt Turner, Ethan Horvath, Drake Callender
DF - Tim Ream, Jedi Robinson, Miles Robinson, Serginho Dest, Mark McKenzie, Chris Richards, Joe Scally, Kristopher Lund, Kevin Paredes
MF- Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Luca de la Torre, Johnny Cordosa, Malik Tillman, Ben Cremaschi
FW - Christian Pulisic, Brendon Aaronson, Tim Weah, Ricardo Pepi, Cade Cowell, Flo Balogun

Reaction Score
Not a full strength roster, but pretty close, considering the injuries. Some experimental picks at the back of the roster-I don't know anything about Kristopher Lund, for example. What I would like to see in these two matches is the USMNT being on the front foot, controlling the game, especially considering the opponents are middling in quality.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a full strength roster, but pretty close, considering the injuries. Some experimental picks at the back of the roster-I don't know anything about Kristopher Lund, for example. What I would like to see in these two matches is the USMNT being on the front foot, controlling the game, especially considering the opponents are middling in quality.
Yea it's unfortunate we end up playing "middling" opponents. But all the good ones have real games right now. Euro qualifying, CONMOBEL WC qualifying, African Cup of Nations qualifying. Doesn't leave much.

Next month though we get Germany and Ghana, so that will be nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom