MNT's 2021 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
+5 minutes is a howl.
Should be +12.
Why would you want more with a 1 goal lead?
The 5 minutes was a true punishment towards Honduras for their delay of game tactics - even the ref knew that the aim was to get the game to a shoot-out
The important thing is that the USMT hung up a V shingle- there's lots to work on

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reyna couldve passed, probably was the right decision, but him taking the shot was completely justified, he was 1v1 with the keeper, just missed wide.
I've seen Mo Salah do the same thing at least a dozen times this year. Pass the ball.

Reaction Score
I've seen Mo Salah do the same thing at least a dozen times this year. Pass the ball.
It’s the instinct of a good player. I don’t mind him not passing there. Its not like it was a half chance. He probably scores that 7/10. Just missed slightly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The 5 minutes was a true punishment towards Honduras for their delay of game tactics - even the ref knew that the aim was to get the game to a shoot-out
The important thing is that the USMT hung up a V shingle- there's lots to work on

I would hope he’d have made it +14 or something of it was 0-0. But he damned well could have done more when it was going on. It was flagrant.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It’s the instinct of a good player. I don’t mind him not passing there. Its not like it was a half chance. He probably scores that 7/10. Just missed slightly.

Hard for me to bitch, he created it on his own. But if he passes, Sargent pots that goal. Kid is a kid really. He needs to learn from it. He was the best player on the pitch. They decided to beat the crap out of him because nobody could contain him.

Reaction Score
Once Adams is healthy, Yueill is kicked off the field, and McKennie has more license to roam the team will be very well oiled. Also wouldn’t mind Musah in for Lleget at all. IDK why Musah didn’t get in anyways to cap tie.

Reaction Score
Did Sargent even take a shot? I mean yeah, fantastic clearance, may have saved the game, but contribute SOMETHING on offense. I think Dike/Siebatcheu offer something that we need, a hold up player for our creative wingers/forwards, while Sargent wants to take the creative role himself. It’s not working. And don’t get me started on Yueill.
Sargent had a really nice header that could have easily gone in. But he was not in sync at all with the midfield and he was not coming back to balls. If he was supposed to be a CF holding the ball up, no one told him before the game.

Reaction Score
I think the lack of midfield hurt our defense. Brooks made some key plays but misplaced a lot of passes, but to be fair he had the secondary assist to the goal on a great ball. I still like the depth a lot at CB, Richards is the real deal, and McKenzie has performed well so far.
McKenzie was steady. But Brooks is going to get eaten alive by better competition. Elis dribbled through him and made him look comical at the very end.

Reaction Score
I didn't want more.

Reaction Score
McKenzie was steady. But Brooks is going to get eaten alive by better competition. Elis dribbled through him and made him look comical at the very end.
Brooks was one of the better CBs in the BuLi this season, maybe he just didn’t care much this game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The whole back line is weird. Need to see what they figure out. Dest is fast and can get forward, but seems to be in the wrong role. How does Barcelona use him?
Dest is used the same way. A FB who gets forward. Doesn't have to play defense much. He doesn't play WB for them, they don't use a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 set up. Although that would probably be his best position.

Reaction Score
Dest is used the same way. A FB who gets forward. Doesn't have to play defense much. He doesn't play WB for them, they don't use a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 set up. Although that would probably be his best position.
Barcelona has been playing the hybrid 3-5-2/4-3-3 this season

Reaction Score
Last night really drove home how awful Berhalter is. This ridiculous "system" has everyone completely confused as to where they should be. It's painful to watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Brooks should get some credit for the W, though. That was a beautiful ball.

Reaction Score
One problem is we don't have a player who is The Guy at their club to rally the troops.
And berhalter out

Reaction Score
McKenzie was steady. But Brooks is going to get eaten alive by better competition. Elis dribbled through him and made him look comical at the very end
Oh okay. Pretty much everyone said Brooks was great last night.

Reaction Score
Last night really drove home how awful Berhalter is. This ridiculous "system" has everyone completely confused as to where they should be. It's painful to watch.
The bummer is that we will either miss the World Cup with GGG or go to the World Cup with him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The bummer is that we will either miss the World Cup with GGG or go to the World Cup with him.

I think it’s too early. He hasn’t had a chance to play these guys together. Several of them are going to need to be out of position from what they do for their clubs. He wasn’t the guy I wanted but I don’t know how he was supposed to get guys who haven’t played together to be cohesive.

Reaction Score
Oh okay. Pretty much everyone said Brooks was great last night.
What did you like about his 1st half giveaway that should have resulted in a goal? Then coming way out to the wing and getting smoked, and again Steffen stepped up? Or this video below where he puts on one of the most farcical displays of defending I've ever seen? What's he doing here? He got lucky.

And I'm not the only one who noticed. A lot of threads on Twitter like this one: https://twitter.com/BrianSciaretta/status/1400624883529359365

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it’s too early. He hasn’t had a chance to play these guys together.
What do you see that makes you think he's the guy? He has zero experience coaching this level of talent. We need someone who does.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What did you like about his 1st half giveaway that should have resulted in a goal? Then coming way out to the wing and getting smoked, and again Steffen stepped up? Or this video below where he puts on one of the most farcical displays of defending I've ever seen? What's he doing here? He got lucky.

And I'm not the only one who noticed. A lot of threads on Twitter like this one: https://twitter.com/BrianSciaretta/status/1400624883529359365

Good grief. @ZooCougar was highly critical of Brooks and the one post you quoted was essentially a tongue in cheek admission that most others said good things about him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What do you see that makes you think he's the guy? He has zero experience coaching this level of talent. We need someone who does.

Ok, sure. Who is that? Klinsman was, and then wasn’t. Every good manager had no experience at this level when they first started. His W-L record is quite good, so I guess I’ve seen that. I simply think it’s ridiculous to bitch about last night when he threw together a bunch of guys playing out of position together, who had no real experience playing together.

So let’s see what he does from here. He is missing pieces and has too much talent that I’d describe as attacking wings and midfielders. He needs to get those guys to play better together. It was so obvious with how often Sargent and Mckinnie were in the same exact spot.

As others noted, he isn’t going to get fired. So let’s hope he grows into it. I’ll be looking to see what he fixes from that match.

Reaction Score
Good grief. @ZooCougar was highly critical of Brooks and the one post you quoted was essentially a tongue in cheek admission that most others said good things about him.
Sorry. I am the first one on the internet to miss sarcasm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom