MNT's 2021 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This isn't particularly encouraging. Is there a reason some of our top guys are missing?
I've stopped worrying. I'm leaving it all up to Gregg.

Reaction Score
Zardes over Pefok who scored at old trafford in the UCL.
Roldan over KDLF, our next best LW after Pulisic who’s injured.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Zardes over Pefok who scored at old trafford in the UCL.
Roldan over KDLF, our next best LW after Pulisic who’s injured.

I've been wildly critical of Zardes, but he was pretty solid in the Gold Cup. He puts the ball on the net, despite his other deficiencies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been wildly critical of Zardes, but he was pretty solid in the Gold Cup. He puts the ball on the net, despite his other deficiencies.
I feel about Zardes the way I felt about Randy Edsall. I thought/hoped he was gone for good. But now that he's back, I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
This isn't particularly encouraging. Is there a reason some of our top guys are missing?

Apparently Pulisic and Reyna won't be back from their injuries.

Sargeant left off without explanation

Reaction Score
No Pulisic or Reyna is problematic.

But there is stil some strength up front especially if Pepi can repeat his performances from the first window. Aronson has been good and consistently good. And the loss of P & R frees up time for Hoppe and Weah. So there is some talent up front.

Reaction Score
How can Sargent play so well against Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal, but then suck supposedly playing under Berhalter?

Reaction Score
Most of the press will be deservedly devoted to Pepi. The soccer geeks will talk about playing through the middle. Both are excellent points why we looked good. I agree.

Couple of different things. We are starting to show some chemistry. Anticipation where teammates will be. Knowing where the empty space that favors us will be. Playing into the future rather than the present. That is a very good sign. Second, our first touches were better than usual tonight. Perhaps the two are related.

A couple of things that caught my eye .Musah is very good player. He deserves as many minutes as possible. Weah is a beast. This team has some real depth.

Reaction Score
Arriola looked like someone who won a contest to play in a WC qualifier.

jamaica is the weakest team in the bunch and they were missing half their squad. This was always going to be a W

would love to see Pepi go to a Dutch factory or La Liga if he can get time there.

Dest was so good playing 1-2 touch against Atletico and I think he sees the US squad as his place to show off a bit

Reaction Score
Arriola looked like someone who won a contest to play in a WC qualifier.

jamaica is the weakest team in the bunch and they were missing half their squad. This was always going to be a W

would love to see Pepi go to a Dutch factory or La Liga if he can get time there.

Dest was so good playing 1-2 touch against Atletico and I think he sees the US squad as his place to show off a bit
I thought Arriola played well actually, worked extremely hard and won the ball back a lot. He lacks the quality that a lot of our attackers have but he impressed me tonight.

Reaction Score
I think Gregg paired him with Dest to give Dest some defensive cover, and it’s Jamaica. He gave the ball away so many times in the final third. He shouldn’t make the final 23 for Qatar especially with the guys we have injured or emerging.

The bottom half of the table is proving to be dreadful. Glad our coach preached how “tough” concacaf is instead of challenging his guys to go out and get Ws on the road. Moron. We’re going to cruise to qualification

Musah is that guy. And he’s not 20 yet. Wow

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought Arriola played well actually, worked extremely hard and won the ball back a lot. He lacks the quality that a lot of our attackers have but he impressed me tonight.

He Used his speed well, but we are so small in the right side with him and Dest. Saw what a difference Weah made being able to stand up to an overly physical side. Dest needs to settle down and stop being a turnover machine.

I have doubts, but I hope that Gregg may come to believe we are better as a quick strike team than a slow build team. We just aren’t precise enough with passes, or skilled enough to play well against a defense that has 10-11 back.

Reaction Score
I have doubts, but I hope that Gregg may come to believe we are better as a quick strike team than a slow build team. We just aren’t precise enough with passes, or skilled enough to play well against a defense that has 10-11 back.

He's not going to change. And it will cost us.

Reaction Score
Without getting into the details, we look a lot more nimble and dangerous than in the halcyon days of Michael Bradley dribbling around midfield and passing to the centerbacks. Yes, I know, it's Jamaica, etc. etc., but the difference is palpable.

The quality and youth we have is incredible, so much (badly needed) turnover from the last cycle. If these guys qualify and get into the knockout round in Qatar, it's not so farfetched that we could challenge for a spot in the semis or beyond in 2026.

Reaction Score
We moved the ball so slow horizontally in the first half. Once Musah became the lead CM we started going downhill. Add in CP and we have something. Just need mad scientist to get out of the way

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was a solid performance by a squad not at full strength against a bad Jamaican team. Meeting expectations feels good, but nothing shown last night can be considered definitive.

Go to Panama, win by 2 and we'll talk.

Reaction Score
Without getting into the details, we look a lot more nimble and dangerous than in the halcyon days of Michael Bradley dribbling around midfield and passing to the centerbacks. Yes, I know, it's Jamaica, etc. etc., but the difference is palpable.

The quality and youth we have is incredible, so much (badly needed) turnover from the last cycle. If these guys qualify and get into the knockout round in Qatar, it's not so farfetched that we could challenge for a spot in the semis or beyond in 2026.

That first paragraph made me LOL.

One thing that makes me optimistic if we qualify is how young the team will be. That can be a huge advantage. Also given that Qatar is a postage stamp, we don’t have to worry about getting screwed over travel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom