Knoxville, TN - 5:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Missouri is just dreadful, I just hope Robin has not been given additional rugby lessons during the break...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Missouri is just dreadful, I just hope Robin has not been given additional rugby lessons during the break...
Ha I think Missouri's problem this year is actually that they play too soft. They're not a good scoring team so their defense needs to be hard-nosed and it just isn't.

Reaction Score
Missouri actually being physical for the first time this year. Improvement already.

Blackwell is playing really well

Reaction Score
Missouri actually being physical for the first time this year. Improvement already.
Agreed. I haven't seen them much this year, but they are certainly playing better than their record appears. TN has not been able to take much advantage of their favorable height disparity.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It doesn't cease to amaze me how a team so tall and so athletic can be so middling.

This is probably the best quarter of basketball I've seen from Missouri this year. Actually hitting some outside shots (5-8 from 3) and competing with a little toughness. I don't expect them to win this because, well, they're just outmatched physically and they still lack clutch players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was wondering why the early start for this game. Then I remember the TN Football team plays tonight.. so I assumed they moved up the start because of that.

Reaction Score
Akira Levy transferring to Vanderbilt had to be a big hurt for Missouri. She was supposed to be a big part of their future.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was wondering why the early start for this game. Then I remember the TN Football team plays tonight.. so I assumed they moved up the start because of that.
As proud as the Lady Vol fans may be of the program that Pat built, WBB has always been subservient to football in Knoxville.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Akira Levy transferring to Vanderbilt had to be a big hurt for Missouri. She was supposed to be a big part of their future.
For sure it was a big blow, but she wouldn't be much help to them this year with her torn ACL.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I fully expect Tennessee to right the ship in the 2nd half, but come on. Missouri is 3-10 this year. That's horrible. Tennessee should win this game by 30+

Reaction Score
For sure it was a big blow, but she wouldn't be much help to them this year with her torn ACL.

I guess some athletes yearn for home after experiencing a big injury.... like Alexis Jones?

Reaction Score
Missouri’s offense is awful. Specifically the ball movement

Meanwhile, Tennessee can brick every shot with the twin towers there to clean up the boards.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Missouri reverted to their late 2019 ways in the last few minutes. Their offense is just so disjointed, and their players make poor decisions. Chavis is a huge liability in particular with her slowness.

One thing I'm loving, though, is that Tennessee's RPI (already low due to their cupcake OOC) will take a hit regardless of the outcome here by virtue of playing a 3-10 team :cool:

Reaction Score
Missouri needs Haley frank on the floor. Has 2 fouls. She is a big contributor and has yet to do anything so far.

If they are to win this game, they will need her to come alive this 2nd half

As for Tennessee. Learn to take care of the ball.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
This would be a truly embarrassing loss for Coach Harper as Mizzou lost to Missouri State this year. Losing to a school that lost to your old school as you supposedly climb the ladder to a top program? Yikes...come on Tigers! :rolleyes:

By the way, these SEC announcers are terrible.

Reaction Score
Man, Missouri just looks so slow and inept. Gotta feel bad for Amber Smith as this is her senior year. Lauren Aldridge might have been undervalued as a facilitator. Obviously, Cunningham brought a different energy to the team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Man, Missouri just looks so slow and inept. Gotta feel bad for Amber Smith as this is her senior year. Lauren Aldridge might have been undervalued as a facilitator. Obviously, Cunningham brought a different energy to the team.
Everyone underestimated how important Cunningham was to this team, but people also forget that Mizzou lost 4 of their top 5 scorers -- Aldridge, Cierra Porter and Akira Levy, in addition to Sophie. Other than Smith, every other returner was a very minor contributor last year.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
This would be a truly embarrassing loss for Coach Harper as Mizzou lost to Missouri State this year. Losing to a school that lost to your old school as you supposedly climb the ladder to a top program? Yikes...come on Tigers! :rolleyes:

By the way, these SEC announcers are terrible.
The color commentator is knowledgeable (former NBA player) but his homerism is difficult to endure.

Reaction Score
This would be a truly embarrassing loss for Coach Harper as Mizzou lost to Missouri State this year. Losing to a school that lost to your old school as you supposedly climb the ladder to a top program?

There’s little shame to losing to Missouri State this year. They’re currently at #5 SOS, #3 RPI.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
There’s little shame to losing to Missouri State this year. They’re currently at #5 SOS, #3 RPI.
Losing to Missouri State is perfectly fine, losing to a terrible Mizzou team is ghastly. I would love to see Missouri State play Tennessee!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom