Missouri State > C-USA | The Boneyard

Missouri State > C-USA

Reaction Score

-> SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Missouri State University has accepted an invitation to join Conference USA as a full-league member, effective July 1, 2025. League and university officials announced the move on Friday morning (May 10).

A news conference will be held at 1 p.m. (Central) May 13 at Great Southern Bank Arena on the Springfield campus to formally announce the transition plans. The event is open to the public with parking available in the lots adjacent to the arena.

The announcement will officially place Missouri State University in the NCAA's exclusive Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) for the first time. <-

Reaction Score
I bet Delaware wishes it looked into joining the MAC instead of CUSA - especially since UMASS has joined. Much closer conference opponents in the MAC. I wonder if WKU is still hoping to get into the MAC?

Reaction Score
Good for CUSA. I thought for sure this conference was going to disband during the last round of conference realignment. Much of their credit they came up with a game plan and it seems to be working out for them.

Reaction Score
I bet Delaware wishes it looked into joining the MAC instead of CUSA - especially since UMASS has joined. Much closer conference opponents in the MAC. I wonder if WKU is still hoping to get into the MAC?
They do not, no. They do not view that area as a fit on several levels.

Reaction Score
With 136 teams now, we need at least 5 or 6 new bowl games! :)

Reaction Score

I bet they don’t.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So what does Missouri State know that @Rufus @Patman and @John don't know? All we hear from the doom and gloomers is that there will only be a P2 and everyone else might as well shut their athletic program down. But Missouri State is upgrading. Why?

Reaction Score
So what does Missouri State know that @Rufus @Patman and @John don't know? All we hear from the doom and gloomers is that there will only be a P2 and everyone else might as well shut their athletic program down. But Missouri State is upgrading. Why?
G5>FCS

Reaction Score
Nelson thinks UConn's ceiling is being tied at the hip with schools like Seton Hall and Providence. Sad that he doesn't recognize the obvious potential in Storrs.

Reaction Score
You really like to put words in people's mouths. I have never said there will only be a P2. You twist the words of what people post. Not just me, but with many posters on here. No wonder no one likes you on here.

Reaction Score

because theres no difference between G5 and FCS in the long run... but you're smart enough to know that

Reaction Score
You really like to put words in people's mouths. I have never said there will only be a P2. You twist the words of what people post. Not just me, but with many posters on here. No wonder no one likes you on here.
I'm sure his solid B average makes him a certified genius

Reaction Score

Easy answer.

G5 is the new FCS. Those that are serious about staying in the second highest level are moving up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom