Missouri Meetings confirmed | The Boneyard

Missouri Meetings confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Rumor is the vote is on either to accept the B12 media rights lockup or to opt out (SEC).​

Deaton confirms Big 12 talks today, MU curators Tuesday

By Mike DeArmond - Posted on 02 October 2011

Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton has confirmed to The Star that Big 12 Conference presidents will speak Sunday afternoon via teleconference and that Missouri’s Board of Curators will meet on Tuesday.

With the question of Missouri’s stance in conference realignment – whether to stay in the Big 12 or pursue admission to the Southeastern Conference - of prime interest, Deaton stopped short of providing further information.

“I can’t speak to that at all,” Deaton said.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
tick tock.. tick tock.. tick tock

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I still don't know how to read this situation.

1) Do we want Mizzou to stay put and hope the Big12 invites BYU and calls it a day at 10 teams - but still leaves SEC at 13 with WVU readily available?

2) Do we want Mizzou to go to the SEC - filling that conference at 14, but leaving the Big12 with 8 teams and WVU, Ville, Cincy, etc. readily available?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I still don't know how to read this situation.

1) Do we want Mizzou to stay put and hope the Big12 invites BYU and calls it a day at 10 teams - but still leaves SEC at 13 with WVU readily available?

2) Do we want Mizzou to go to the SEC - filling that conference at 14, but leaving the Big12 with 8 teams and WVU, Ville, Cincy, etc. readily available?

That's like asking if you want the ACC/SEC/B12 to raid the BE before the new BE contract is negotiated or after they have an official assessment?

Do you play with your food like a cat or gulp it down like a dog? Either way, if its food it will be gone. WVU is food. The others are kinda going through their death throes.

Reaction Score
I think we want Mizzou to stay, and the B12 to pick up BYU. The B12 will stop there, at least for a year or two. I really don't think the SEC takes WVU. Not enough market to justify. Then the count down starts on FSU, Clemson, and Virginia Tech. That would be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
I think we want Mizzou to stay, and the B12 to pick up BYU. The B12 will stop there, at least for a year or two. I really don't think the SEC takes WVU. Not enough market to justify. Then the count down starts on FSU, Clemson, and Virginia Tech. That would be interesting to watch.
i think this is what we should be hoping for. mizzou to the sec can't really help us too much as the big 12 will inevitably poach someone from the big east. if mizzou stays, the sec will go after someone, and it seems more likely that someone will be from the acc and not the big east, though at this point, who knows.

Reaction Score
The idea that Mizzou would give up a berth in a stable conference for uncertainty defies belief.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why would the A & M Prez chime in on this?
Red herring for the upcoming B12 meeting. I doubt it works. He has no clue. Maybe after Tuesday we'll all get some idea what direction Mizzou takes. My guess is they take the SEC offer. But who knows. Maybe they aren't sure what to do and then someone brings up Texas and they flinch into a decision. Like all of us they have covered all the various scenarios in the college football landscape and they are left with some guess work as to which scenario is the best one for them. If the B!G invited them the decision probably would be a slam dunk. But holding out for that option could end up with a lost invitation to the SEC and they would be stuck with Texas. And six years down the road, Texas will have time to strengthen it LHN and the SEC may have taken other teams. And then Texas may not need the B12 teams or insist on an unfavorable media arrangement. Mizzou has to be aware of this possibility.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The idea that Mizzou would give up a berth in a stable conference for uncertainty defies belief.

What uncertainty? The Big 12 looks pretty solid. As the A&M president said yesterday, I think Missouri will be in the Big 12 for a long time. They would never compete in football in the SEC West (although if they joined, I suspect Bama and Auburn would move to the east).

Reaction Score
What uncertainty? The Big 12 looks pretty solid. As the A&M president said yesterday, I think Missouri will be in the Big 12 for a long time. They would never compete in football in the SEC West (although if they joined, I suspect Bama and Auburn would move to the east).

LHN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#