Mir McLean | The Boneyard

Mir McLean

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Mir and Virginia playing Wake Forest now in ACC tournament. Mir just took a nice charge.

Reaction Score
Mir to play well, the Deacs to win!
Foul trouble undermined what started well for Mir, who had 11 points and 9 rebounds in the first half. She was shut out after that point, however, and fouled out in the closing minutes. Wake came back to win, 61-53, to end Virginia's season.

Who knows what Mir might have accomplished with the Huskies, but she certainly got plenty of PT and became one of the Cavaliers' better players during her half season in the ACC. She's at a great school and I hope she's happy there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No offense to McClean and UVA, and she seems to have a bright future up in Charlottesville, But I surely didn't want to be in the stands watching GaTech vs Virginia tomorrow night. Again, no offense to the Cavs.

Reaction Score
Foul trouble undermined what started well for Mir, who had 11 points and 9 rebounds in the first half. She was shut out after that point, however, and fouled out in the closing minutes. Wake came back to win, 61-53, to end Virginia's season.

Who knows what Mir might have accomplished with the Huskies, but she certainly got plenty of PT and became one of the Cavaliers' better players during her half season in the ACC. She's at a great school and I hope she's happy there.
Not “one of the Cavaliers better players”, but their BEST player!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
No offense to McClean and UVA, and she seems to have a bright future up in Charlottesville, But I surely didn't want to be in the stands watching GaTech vs Virginia tomorrow night. Again, no offense to the Cavs.

Well, in the second half, Jewel Spear and Christina Morra of the 'Deac's made sure that match-up wasn't going to happen. UVa shot 33% from the field, 20% from three-pt. land and 64% from the line. That's tough. Wake went 13-13 from the line. Ballgame.

Reaction Score
Well, in the second half, Jewel Spear and Christina Morra of the 'Deac's made sure that match-up wasn't going to happen. UVa shot 33% from the field, 20% from three-pt. land and 64% from the line. That's tough. Wake went 13-13 from the line. Ballgame.
Morra has had quite a few ups and downs at Wake Forest. Was happy to see how engaged she was during the game yesterday. She's such a different player than when she originally arrived on campus. Pulling for the team to have at least one more win with this being her senior season.

Reaction Score
I think Toi should be involved in that discussion.
She’s not bad, but has nowhere near the potential that Mir has. Plus, she’s a 5th year senior and Mir has played about the equivalent of 1/3 of a season. I saw a lot of Toi over the years and little of Mir, but Mir had a bigger impact on the games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She’s not bad, but has nowhere near the potential that Mir has. Plus, she’s a 5th year senior and Mir has played about the equivalent of 1/3 of a season. I saw a lot of Toi over the years and little of Mir, but Mir had a bigger impact on the games.
Well Toi was the only player worth a darn before Mir became eligible from the few games I saw, she really impressed me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mir played in 11 games and started 9. She averaged 11.3 ppg and 8.4 ppg. She fouled out at least a couple of times. She shot 44/14/71. A pretty good start for her. I hope she gets a new coach who can develop her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Mir played in 11 games and started 9. She averaged 11.3 ppg and 8.4 ppg. She fouled out at least a couple of times. She shot 44/14/71. A pretty good start for her. I hope she gets a new coach who can develop her.
For some players it's easier to impact a bad, poorly-coached team than it is a good, well-coached team. I think Mir is one of those players. She lacked the skill and instincts to play in Geno's offense.

Virginia will be a massive rebuild so I suspect Mir will get plenty of minutes next season. Hopefully she'll play for a good coach who, like you said, can help make her a better player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom