OT: - Mir McLean - expectations, goals, and finding your passion | The Boneyard

OT: Mir McLean - expectations, goals, and finding your passion

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Great article about Mir. I posted this in the injury update thread in the General forum, however as a former Husky, figured I'd also post it here. Basketball or any sport may get you to college, however it's also what else you do when you get there that matters.

"As McLean rehabs her knee, “I just love the fact that she is coming into who she is outside of basketball,” Agugua-Hamilton said. “That doesn’t mean that basketball is not going to be there. That’s been a big part of her life, and it’s going to continue to be a big part of her life. She’s attacking rehab like a champ. She’s working her way back, but there’s just so many other things to life."

"McLean said she and Agugua-Hamilton “talk about it all the time: What does Mir look like outside of basketball? So after my knee surgery, I kind of started doing things I’ve always had on my list but couldn’t do because of basketball. I’d talk to my mom about that. I was like, ‘I need more goals.’ I’ve already completed the stuff that I set out to do. So I’m just kind of making bigger ones now.”

Reaction Score
Great article about Mir. I posted this in the injury update thread in the General forum, however as a former Husky, figured I'd also post it here. Basketball or any sport may get you to college, however it's also what else you do when you get there that matters.

"As McLean rehabs her knee, “I just love the fact that she is coming into who she is outside of basketball,” Agugua-Hamilton said. “That doesn’t mean that basketball is not going to be there. That’s been a big part of her life, and it’s going to continue to be a big part of her life. She’s attacking rehab like a champ. She’s working her way back, but there’s just so many other things to life."

"McLean said she and Agugua-Hamilton “talk about it all the time: What does Mir look like outside of basketball? So after my knee surgery, I kind of started doing things I’ve always had on my list but couldn’t do because of basketball. I’d talk to my mom about that. I was like, ‘I need more goals.’ I’ve already completed the stuff that I set out to do. So I’m just kind of making bigger ones now.”
If I recall correctly, Mir was playing really well for UVA before she hurt her knee. Looks like UVA was a good fit for her in basketball and academics, and the opportunities she's had there on the academic side (along with her own talent and determination) are setting her up for success in career and life. Much as I hated to see her leave UConn, it was the right move and I'm very happy for her.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was sorry that UConn didn’t work out for Mir. When she went to UVa, I thought that would be a good fit, and I’m glad I was right. It’s wonderful that Coach Mox is encouraging Mir’s development outside of basketball. And it’s so cool that Mir has achieved so much that she’s needing to make bigger goals.

Reaction Score
It is always tough seeing players leave UConn, but I totally understand it because players leave or stay for a host of reasons. Super happy for Mir. The goal is for these student athletes to find their passion through school and sports. It seems Mir has found her nirvana.

Reaction Score

A really good story and an impressive young woman!

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Mir was playing really well for UVA before she hurt her knee. Looks like UVA was a good fit for her in basketball and academics, and the opportunities she's had there on the academic side (along with her own talent and determination) are setting her up for success in career and life. Much as I hated to see her leave UConn, it was the right move and I'm very happy for her.
Yes, she was doing well. As a season ticket holder I saw her play many times. Incredible rebounder for her size, lots of energy… and a great smile! I look forward to her return. She’s certainly one of the best players on UVA.

Reaction Score
It's really nice to read the love that people post here for transfers from UConn to other schools. While for one reason or another a player leaves the program, the people that post on this board always wish that former player the best. It's a beautiful thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom