Minutes Per Game Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Minutes Per Game Predictions

Reaction Score
Exactly. Book and Akok have not played 1 minute of college ball. They are being penciled in for all conference. We’re going to be leaning on Polley for a major role.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
As for the pups, I think initially Akok gets the most minutes just because he has been in the system longer and understands the X's & O's better at the onset with Springs getting least meaningful minutes early until Hurley has a better grasp on his strengths and abilities.
AG should lead the team in minutes with CV & Carlton following, after that the vets should get meaningful minutes and battle JG & JB for those, but all of this depends on each guys ability to understand & play D. I don't think Hurley plays those with liabilities defensively for any significant stretch unless the game is well in hand.
All of this means nothing without seeing who is ready and gets it and who is not.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure where everyone is so sure Tyler Polley won't make that jump this year? Everyone rooting against him and not believing in him. He wasn't all that bad last year actually and can make shots. Minus a lull for about 6-7 games he shot well over 40 for the year, was gold at times. I know I know he has to rebound I get that, it is a must. And defend better, although many are off on "how bad" he was he proved he can guard.

Hey I'm not saying he will make that jump I'm just amazed with those saying "I hope Akok is better", "Bouk will take his minutes eventually"....maybe he is good enough to play at the same time as these guys?

Never know.

I'm not sure at all. He's in the mix with Akok, Sid, Bouk and Gaffney as guys who could range from low teens to mid 20's in minutes. I'd say that applies to CV too though his floor is higher. I really don't know what they will do, and I'd guess that the answer may be that the veterans, VC, Polley and to a lesser extend Sid, will see more early season minutes. The young guys will push them. Bouk could very well end up Jeremy Lamb level by Christmas and then he'll get loads of time. Or not. Or Polley might rebound and play great D while shooting 40% from 3...making him hard to take out. Or Akok might score from everywhere and block everything in sight. It's wide open beyond Gilbert and Carlton.

The one thing I'm sure of, if you aren't playing defense both correctly and with intensity, your butt is going on the bench.

Reaction Score
My PSA for the hundredth time... because I'm seeing it here again:

CV was our most effecient guard last year. This is NOT the CV from the KO era. When he is playing shooting guard, he is very, very good and EFFECIENT.

As far as my own opinions.. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sid start to fall outnof rotation, especially as the freshman get better by mid-season. I have heard very little to suggest he is an integral part of this program from my sources and others, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
If Carlton isn't playing more than 26 minutes a game, we're not going anywhere. And if Akok isn't playing more than 20, we may sneak into the tournament but that's the limit.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not sure where everyone is so sure Tyler Polley won't make that jump this year? Everyone rooting against him and not believing in him. He wasn't all that bad last year actually and can make shots. Minus a lull for about 6-7 games he shot well over 40 for the year, was gold at times. I know I know he has to rebound I get that, it is a must. And defend better, although many are off on "how bad" he was he proved he can guard.
Hey I'm not saying he will make that jump I'm just amazed with those saying "I hope Akok is better", "Bouk will take his minutes eventually"....maybe he is good enough to play at the same time as these guys?
Never know.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But peoples' exceptions are based on the fact that he had one discernible skill last year. Spot up three. He doesn't handle well, see the court well...certainly doesn't finish well off the drive. His lack of rebounding isn't just bad, it's extraordinary.

He defended well against a select few opponents. Those threes that either weren't too quick or weren't too physical. Tweeners. The rest of the time he was ineffective.

He needs to make a lot of improvements to make a jump. That's why people are down on him compared to others.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Carlton isn't playing more than 26 minutes a game, we're not going anywhere. And if Akok isn't playing more than 20, we may sneak into the tournament but that's the limit.

Agreed on your points. Except for the 2nd half of the last sentence. I think our overall best outcome is sneaking into the tournament. And if Akok's not playing more than 20, I think we're in trouble.

Carlton's gotta be north of 30 because what we have behind him is....woof.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My PSA for the hundredth time... because I'm seeing it here again:

CV was our most effecient guard last year. This is NOT the CV from the KO era. When he is playing shooting guard, he is very, very good and EFFECIENT.

My guy, shout this from the rooftops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom