message for Giants fans | The Boneyard

message for Giants fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the words of John McCain " We are all Colts fans now ". It's a race with the Jags for the number 1 pick. Talk about wheels coming off the wagon, no RB's, LB's and an O-line problem will do that to you.

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan, a Yankee fan and of course a UConn football fan. Been a tough year. :confused:

Did appreciate it when Fox cut into the Giants game to show Donald Brown scoring the go ahead TD today for Indy.

Reaction Score
Me as well, back in August never saw an 0-9 start to the football season.

Reaction Score
In the words of John McCain " We are all Colts fans now ". It's a race with the Jags for the number 1 pick. Talk about wheels coming off the wagon, no RB's, LB's and an O-line problem will do that to you.
Don't forget the Steelers.
It may be over For Dick Labeau.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
All Giant fans please report to the nearest cliff I'll be waiting for you

Reaction Score
This Giant fan realized after Jerry Reese completed his draft that it was going to be a LONG year. I have not been surprised yet this season.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan and a David Wilson fantasy football owner....it's been a long season and it's only 5 weeks in.....I really could use a UConn win next week as I see them now having a better shot of not going winless as opposed to the Giants. I really would like to know why we haven't drafted a LB in the past 2-3 drafts....I feel like every year our LB corps is such a rag-tag group. I know there are many holes but that's a big one I feel. The secondary is another story but that's more of an injury result.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
i'm a giants fan too....and mets...its been brutal. giants are probably my favorite team......

Reaction Score
Try UConn, NMSU, and Giants. My teams have ZERO wins!

Reaction Score
Mets, Giants, UConn here; triumvirate of misery and suck. When does basketball start again?

Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan and a David Wilson fantasy football owner....it's been a long season and it's only 5 weeks in.....I really could use a UConn win next week as I see them now having a better shot of not going winless as opposed to the Giants. I really would like to know why we haven't drafted a LB in the past 2-3 drafts....I feel like every year our LB corps is such a rag-tag group. I know there are many holes but that's a big one I feel. The secondary is another story but that's more of an injury result.
Imagine if Jerry Reese actually traded up to take Sio instead of that useless trade for Nassib?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The one bright side is that Reese may finally be able to draft a couple quality LB's.

We (the Giants) need new coordinators. Fewell (while by all accounts a very good guy) needs the DL to get all kinds of pressure by rushing four (which briefly during his tenure the Giants were able to do) in order to run a competent defense (in his defense, the lack of LB's over the years has not helped). Gilbride needs to realize that it is possible to run a stray route here and there for less than 20 yards. I also cannot stand the read patterns that he professes as this is the cause of most of Eli's picks.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Jerry Reese actually traded up to take Sio instead of that useless trade for Nassib?

or how about that 4th round pick on that Cincy TE Robinson which Reese called the JPP of TE's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Red Sox are a likeable bunch, full of grit and pluck. You guys should quit whining and feeling sorry for yourself and hop aboard the bandwagon. Have some fun for the next couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox are a likeable bunch, full of grit and pluck. You guys should quit whining and feeling sorry for yourself and hop aboard the bandwagon. Have some fun for the next couple of weeks.

I will choose to be miserable :D

Reaction Score
The Giants are built horribly right now and no one is to blame for that more then Jerry Reese, he has destroyed their roster with poor signing and terrible picks.

Reaction Score
The Giants are built horribly right now and no one is to blame for that more then Jerry Reese, he has destroyed their roster with poor signing and terrible picks.

He missed on some mid round picks, had some bad injury luck...won't go as far as to say terrible..Every 1st round pick has been productive. His UDFA signings has been top-noch also.

HCTC refusal to play young players is the reason the Giants are in this mess...Brewer, Mosley, Cox, Moore , Hankins and Donnell should all be playing. Hankins got a shot yesterday( due to Injury) and did Very good.

Reaction Score
He missed on some mid round picks, had some bad injury luck...won't go as far as to say terrible..Every 1st round pick has been productive. His UDFA signings has been top-noch also.

HCTC refusal to play young players is the reason the Giants are in this mess...Brewer, Mosley, Cox, Moore , Hankins and Donnell should all be playing. Hankins got a shot yesterday( due to Injury) and did Very good.

Some? Marvin Austin, Phillip Dillard, Clint Sintim, Barden, Jerrigan, Rhett Bomar, Petrus, Greg Jones, James Brewer, the list goes on.

As for the 1st rounders, Aaron Ross is not good, productive? Only because he has had to play but he was not good in his first stint nor his second. Pugh is currently rated as the second worse 1st rounder in the 2013 class based on performance by PFF.

He has drafted 3 pro bowlers, 1 is a longer snapper, another is WR who left after 3 years who is now out of the league and the other is JPP.

He has ignored the LB position in the draft (passing on Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree, Sean Lee and Navarro Bowmen, all whom were brought in for workouts) and instead has signed terrible band aids like Dan Connor and Bullock.

The Ryan Nassib pick and trade up to get him was beyond atrocious. Now the 3rd QB he has drafted to back up Eli. First 2 out of the league, 3rd I bet is not far behind.

David Baas and Will Beatty are also grossly over paid.

Reaction Score
or how about that 4th round pick on that Cincy TE Robinson which Reese called the JPP of TE's.

The way JPP has been playing he may not be far off

Reaction Score
Some? Marvin Austin, Phillip Dillard, Clint Sintim, Barden, Jerrigan, Rhett Bomar, Petrus, Greg Jones, James Brewer, the list goes on.

As for the 1st rounders, Aaron Ross is not good, productive? Only because he has had to play but he was not good in his first stint nor his second. Pugh is currently rated as the second worse 1st rounder in the 2013 class based on performance by PFF.

He has drafted 3 pro bowlers, 1 is a longer snapper, another is WR who left after 3 years who is now out of the league and the other is JPP.

He has ignored the LB position in the draft (passing on Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree, Sean Lee and Navarro Bowmen, all whom were brought in for workouts) and instead has signed terrible band aids like Dan Connor and Bullock.

The Ryan Nassib pick and trade up to get him was beyond atrocious. Now the 3rd QB he has drafted to back up Eli. First 2 out of the league, 3rd I bet is not far behind.

David Baas and Will Beatty are also grossly over paid.

His 1st and 2nd round picks have been good for the most part, its past the 2nd round where his picks have been utterely atrocious. That WR your referring to Steve Smith that turned out to be a good pick the Gmen knew when to let him go, he had the forgotten catch on that last minute drive in Super Bowl 42. The jury is out on Pugh he is one of the Giants best Olineman which isnt really saying much. Reese has done an awful job at addressing LB in the draft in fact he hasnt addressed it.

I do like Wilson I dont think the Giants use him right they need to use him the way the Bengals use Giovanni Bernard. The Giants never develop any underneath routs and their scheme is too complex. Coughlin is a great motivator but a terrible X's and O's coach its always been that way, he needs the right assistants around him.

Reaction Score
The way JPP has been playing he may not be far off

im just making fun of JR quote on draft day when the Giants took Robinson but yeah JPP has gotta step up he did just return from back surgery though.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
did you know? they're only 2 games out of first

the NFC east is rocking at 2-3, 2-3, 1-3 and 0-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics