Men’s Basketball NIL deals | The Boneyard

Men’s Basketball NIL deals

Reaction Score
With today being the first day, thought there may be some value in outlining what companies and such are supporting our men’s BBall student athletes. As they come, drop them below.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Two things I read today that deepened my thoughts on NIL.

Some athletes are signing with NIL reps that also rep pro players. So if agents offer NiL services, your forming partnerships both good/bad immediately. Wild 360 degree college turnaround.

Secondly, there’s a good chance a number of woman’s hoop players will make more in college than at any point in a WNBA career.

Per the UConnblog~. Sabrina Ionescu, the No. 1 pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft, made just over $69,000 in her first season with the New York Liberty.

Reaction Score
Fwiw I may have been misleading in my opening. I know we have a whole thread on NiL, I thought this would just be a neat place to track what deals the players were making. Additionally, allow us an opportunity to maybe support companies who are supporting the players

Reaction Score
It seems the big money won't necessarily be in endorsements, autographs and other such areas.

Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, et al is where the real money is and players like Paige will make a fortune based on the reported value of Instagram followers: $0.80 per follower according to the article below, so 1 million followers would earn Paige $800,000 per year. Way more than the wNBA pays or what all but the highest paid players make overseas.

Reaction Score
It seems the big money won't necessarily be in endorsements, autographs and other such areas.

Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, et al is where the real money is and players like Paige will make a fortune based on the reported value of Instagram followers: $0.80 per follower according to the article below, so 1 million followers would earn Paige $800,000 per year. Way more than the wNBA pays or what all but the highest paid players make overseas.

Paige is a unicorn but yeah add tiktok to that as well and she’s going to have no issues clearing $1M/year. Wouldnt be surprised if most of the UConn women make more than the men do

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Two things I read today that deepened my thoughts on NIL.

Some athletes are signing with NIL reps that also rep pro players. So if agents offer NiL services, your forming partnerships both good/bad immediately. Wild 360 degree college turnaround.

Secondly, there’s a good chance a number of woman’s hoop players will make more in college than at any point in a WNBA career.

Per the UConnblog~. Sabrina Ionescu, the No. 1 pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft, made just over $69,000 in her first season with the New York Liberty.
Female pros make most of their money playing in Europe.

CL82

Reaction Score
Paige is a unicorn but yeah add tiktok to that as well and she’s going to have no issues clearing $1M/year. Wouldnt be surprised if most of the UConn women make more than the men do
Maybe less of a unicorn than you think. UConn freshman Azzi Fudd has a similar number of followers. Louisville sophomore Hailey Van Lith has more. There are more.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What happens when the coaches order the women's team to stay off social media during the season, as is their usual practice?

Reaction Score
What happens when the coaches order the women's team to stay off social media during the season, as is their usual practice?
That doesn't happen anymore, Paige posted on IG all season

Reaction Score
Maybe a new thread tracking college athletes suing agents to get out of bad contracts. And maybe one of college athletes filing for bankruptcy. Oh. Maybe we can wait a few weeks for those.

Reaction Score
Maybe a new thread tracking college athletes suing agents to get out of bad contracts. And maybe one of college athletes filing for bankruptcy. Oh. Maybe we can wait a few weeks for those.
Or being sued for failing to perform.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
"Don't give players money because they might bankrupt" is such a racist trope; it does not surprise me it emanates from Essex.

By this logic, why pay any anyone?

Reaction Score
How about if you’re under 18. Are there any legal protections for someone entering into a contract that might be too naive and taken advantage of?

Reaction Score
Image likeness rules are going to help these big schools with big pockets like Texas A&M …. What I wonder now is that will it hurt these schools with big name coaches that earn big money? Instead of paying the coach they’ll use it on the kid for recruitment.

Reaction Score
Combining this with the no penalty transfer rule it will be like free agency in professional sports. FWIW, I hope the schools are getting a cut since without them the players have pretty much zero value unless they get paid for some other talent. If Adama performs Beethoven’s with the NY Philharmonic that’s one thing. If he gets paid by the local car dealership or Nike that’s different

Reaction Score
"Don't give players money because they might bankrupt" is such a racist trope; it does not surprise me it emanates from Essex.

By this logic, why pay any anyone?
Never said don’t let them make money I’m all for it. I think it’s niaive to think there won’t be issues with bad contracts or kids making bad decisions. You turning that to racism says more about you them me or the fine town of Essex.

Reaction Score
Never said don’t let them make money I’m all for it. I think it’s niaive to think there won’t be issues with bad contracts or kids making bad decisions. You turning that to racism says more about you them me or the fine town of Essex.
Honestly West Hartford and Essex engaging in a "who's town is more bougie" fist fight is the best way to solve this beef

Reaction Score
Honestly West Hartford and Essex engaging in a "who's town is more bougie" fist fight is the best way to solve this beef
I wish I could appreciate the humor,it is pretty funny, but being accused of being racist,using a quote I didn’t say,just leaves me sick to my stomach.

CL82

Reaction Score
Live stream?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom