Memphis In Town Yet? | The Boneyard

Memphis In Town Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, the snow is just starting in Cromwell, and I find my self wondering if Memphis is in town yet. The weather is supposed to get frightful later, and I am hoping we will have a game tomorrow night. I know UConn fans will come out regardless, but it helps to have an opponent in the house....( think I am overstating the weather, our Washington location never opened today, and Jersey is closing at 12:30, so maybe we are in for a mess...) Can you even fly nonstop from Memphis to Hartford?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can you even fly nonstop from Memphis to Hartford?
Doesn't look like it. Unless they fly charter. Memphis used to be a hub for Delta, but looks like not any more.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
They may have to pull a DePaul and fly in tomorrow about an hour before the tip.

Reaction Score
Well, if they're flying via Atlanta, some Delta flights are still active. There are a number of cancellations from other airports though.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, if they're flying via Atlanta, some Delta flights are still active. There are a number of cancellations from other airports though.
Could be coming thru Charlotte.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just imagine the hilarity of the Memphis Coach giving infinitesimally granular instructions to the pilot as to how to fly that plane.

Reaction Score
I wish them well and I am sure they arrived early today to beat the storm and stayed at the hotel at the XL Center.........No travel issues............I am sure UCONN gave them plenty of weather forecast from Monday on..........If not, UCONN can field 2 teams and see who gets to 100 1st............

Reaction Score
Per Jim Fuller via Twitter

@NHRJimFuller: Memphis women's basketball team's charter landed in Connecticut about hour ago so no issues with tomorrow's game vs. #UConn

Reaction Score

@NHRJimFuller: Memphis women's basketball team's charter landed in Connecticut about hour ago so no issues with tomorrow's game vs. #UConn

Do most teams travel by charter flights ?

Reaction Score

I do not believe so. IIRC, charter flights are about $20k, so not cheap -- generally more than 2x flying commercial. I think they are occasionally used in special cases like this.

Reaction Score

Good news since we have tickets for the game. We will get to Hartford one way or another.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think quite a few teams do use charter for difficult travel locations - Memphis to Hartford might classify and when you consider maybe 25 people in the travel party it isn't that much different from commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom