Memphis and SMU | The Boneyard

Memphis and SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking like one of the two will be the most probable 4/5 match up in the AAC against us. We are 2-0 against Memphis and 0-2 against SMU but it is very hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season.

Who do you want to play and why?

I want SMU again

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You guys would kill SMU in Memphis...just my opinion.

I wouldn't mind another shot at UConn in FedExForum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
to a large extent, I think UConn, SMU and Memphis are interchangeable. Not in the sense that they are similar, but in the sense that all 3 have some positives but also lack some things. All three are among the group of borderline top 25 type teams that will be seed somewhere between 6-9, any one of whom can pull off an upset or look really bad against a higher or slightly lower seed.

Reaction Score
Byes in conference tourneys are a fickle thing. In '11 a lot of people were bummed we fell to 9th and didn't get the 8th seed and bye. I thought it favored us because at the very least we'd we get another W by facing DePaul in the first round (a W we needed at that point coming off 2 straight losses) and maybe some momentum.

Reaction Score
Amazing how many are scared to face SMU again.

What about the 30 or so teams better than SMU? Talk about scaring easily.

Reaction Score
Tough choice. Do we want a team we don't match up very well with in SMU? Or do we want a game that will pretty much be a road game playing Memphis in Memphis. Either team would be a tough challenge.

U

UCONNfan1

I agree. SMU has owned us this season. No reason to think we'd beat them the third time out. But honestly, that was just such a disappointing game I'm struggling to get much enthusiasm moving forward. L'ville and Cinci? It's possible we lose to both of them. Go UCONN...

Reaction Score
SMU......we punch way harder on one game eliminations!!!!!

(That's all I got.....)

Reaction Score
Either one - just suit us up for postseason play and we'll be ready to go.

pj

Reaction Score
I'd rather have SMU because they're good training for the NCAAs. Work on your weaknesses. We can beat them. They'll get our best game.

Reaction Score
I would rather play SMU again if given the choice………Memphis home and really wanting a piece of Husky a** isn't all that appealing to me. Rather play the team who allowed us to be in the game despite our absolute worst effort of the year, right to the last couple of minutes!

Reaction Score
Its a bad matchup. Not rocket science.

I'm amazed, how bad can it be? Our guys played dreadful, absolutely all on the same dreadful page all game long. Was some due to Larry and his D - yeah sure it was but if you really dissect it our guys were really threw a turd……..and it DD makes that 3 with a couple minutes or less left we may win that game!

I want SMU actually, not at all afraid of any matchup - and I would hope the players feel the same!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'll take anyone if the guys play their A or B games. When NG, DD, LK and SN are playing a C game or worse UConn will lose to most teams.

So I'm hoping for a rematch with SMU, the players play much better and there is a demonstration that the losses were the result of bad games by the players.

Reaction Score
I'd have to say Memphis... We have shown twice that we can't score against SMU. Russell is a lock down defender and makes Napier look like a bad player. Moore is not so bad on D himself and can also shut down Bazz and boat. We have seen it twice and will see it again. It's just an awful awful match up. Sucks that Memphis has home court though. What can ya do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom