Meet Aaliyah Edwards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Meet Aaliyah Edwards

Reaction Score
Grit and toughness

I like Aaliyah. One of the things I like most about her game is SHE MAKES HER BUNNIES. She's shooting a very high percentage from point black range. THAT is what wins basketball games.
Yes Carnac, she makes her bunnies. We've been snake bit the past few years missing bunnies. I won't name names.

I like that Geno is allowing her to keep her hair color. I think he might be mellowing a bit. Good for both.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Paige says that Aaliyah is "sweaty." When I was growing up, girls (women) weren't "sweaty," they "perspired." Can't tell if this language shift advances or decreases the status of the ladies. Help.
Where I grew up women "glowed
Men sweat and women glow. ;)
When I was young women "glowed" as well. It's all sweat to me though.

Reaction Score
Correct you are! I grew up and spent most of my life in the Deep South. Down there, girls do not sweat. They gently perspire. And that last word, most critically, contains three syllables!
And they didn't play basketball. Pay your money, take your choice. Me, I'm choosing basketball over dated sex roles.

Reaction Score
Geno does love the freshmen. But they all have a lot to learn, even players like Paige and Aaliyah, who have considerable skills and FIBA experience. So I'm sure their freshman mistakes frustrate him some. I recall a famous Geno quote: "The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores." :D
Kinda like the best thing about puppies are they become dogs :cool: :cool:

Reaction Score
Keep sending us your best. We know what to do with them.

UConn seems to know what's going on north of the border without any help. ;) I trust they'll reach out to the ones who fit their culture.

A lot of good programs are recruiting more Canadian talent for both sides. It's fun to see players I know of on top ranked teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UConn seems to know what's going on north of the border without any help. ;) I trust they'll reach out to the ones who fit their culture.

A lot of good programs are recruiting more Canadian talent for both sides. It's fun to see players I know of on top ranked teams.

Actually, he explicitly says that part of the reason Aaliyah is catching on so fast is that the Canadian Team runs many of the same concepts .

Maybe Geno should take over the Canadian National Team and get some whacks at the US squad. ;)

Reaction Score
Actually, he explicitly says that part of the reason Aaliyah is catching on so fast is that the Canadian Team runs many of the same concepts .

Maybe Geno should take over the Canadian National Team and get some whacks at the US squad. ;)

You'll hear that from a lot of coaches who recruit in Canada, not just him. The development stream was created with international competition in mind. Don't know if the phrase "Read and React" is heard much in the US but this concept is encouraged through the provincial and CB coaching programs.

I've seen it used with teams in the U11 - U14 age groups and it's fun to watch because the players are basing their decisions on what they see without relying on their coach yelling instructions or a script. Not saying set plays aren't used but this concept helps develop the basketball IQ required for this level in my opinion.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My favorite video of Aaliyah

" I mean It's UConn" :D:D:D:D:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members