Maybe We Needed Another Year Off | The Boneyard

Maybe We Needed Another Year Off

Reaction Score
... to get Bigger, Faster and Stronger.

Forget the fact the o-line is young and in a shambles. Maybe go get a transfer or two? We cant' block, can't score and may not win a game if the offense doesn't solve that problem. And why play Zergiotis in the second half at all? It doesn't matter if your D is improving if they're stuck on the field all day. This embarrassment reinforces every negative joke floated about the program.

Reaction Score
... to get Bigger, Faster and Stronger.

Forget the fact the o-line is young and in a shambles. Maybe go get a transfer or two? We cant' block, can't score and may not win a game if the offense doesn't solve that problem. And why play Zergiotis in the second half at all? It doesn't matter if your D is improving if they're stuck on the field all day. This embarrassment reinforces every negative joke floated about the program.
Jack Zergiotis has hurt them more than the OLine. Jack Zergiotis has had time and just flat out missed wide open receivers.

Reaction Score
Tell us again how “ashkully taking a year off will help - we got bigger, faster and stronger! We were in the gym!”

That argument was so obviously wrong. Anyone that made it should be beyond embarrassed
Tell me how UMass got better by scoring 12 total points in their entire season last year. And how were going to be able to play anyone if anyone traveling to CT had to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
Tell me how UMass got better by scoring 12 total points in their entire season last year. And how were going to be able to play anyone if anyone traveling to CT had to quarantine for 2 weeks.

I’m not arguing about the ethics of it. I’m saying the people who thought it would benefit the team on the field this season are stupid

Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis has hurt them more than the OLine. Jack Zergiotis has had time and just flat out missed wide open receivers.

He hasn't been good and Steven Krajewski should have started the 2nd half. But until the line improves, our upside is drastically lowered no matter who takes the snaps. How's the running game going? Does everybody suck?

Reaction Score
I’m not arguing about the ethics of it. I’m saying the people who thought it would benefit the team on the field this season are stupid
I'm extremely disappointed how they came out of the gate against Fresno. If we see the same against Holy Cross next week, Guifre needs to go. He's play calling is abysmal and there's been minimal improvement on the Oline.

Reaction Score
I'm extremely disappointed how they came out of the gate against Fresno. If we see the same against Holy Cross next week, Guifre needs to go. He's play calling is abysmal and there's been minimal improvement on the Oline.
How about the guy that gave him that role in the first place.

Reaction Score
At the start of the third quarter, UConn had 15 yards rushing and 50 passing. Why would u run Zergotis out there if he was neck and neck with krajewski all camp? You're down 5 scores. Who makes this stuff up. You have 300 days to find another qb and you roll the same guy out who threw 9 tds and 11 ints two years ago? He has zero touch, vision or leadership skills. Their d stayed with Fresno for a good chunk of the first half and it was continuous 3 and out, three and out. You can't play better teams that way. The game is passing Edsall.

Reaction Score
At the start of the third quarter, UConn had 15 yards rushing and 50 passing. Why would u run Zergotis out there if he was neck and neck with krajewski all camp? You're down 5 scores. Who makes this stuff up. You have 300 days to find another qb and you roll the same guy out who threw 9 tds and 11 ints two years ago? He has zero touch, vision or leadership skills. Their d stayed with Fresno for a good chunk of the first half and it was continuous 3 and out, three and out. You can't play better teams that way. The game is passing Edsall.

It passed him a long time ago

Reaction Score
Tell us again how “ashkully taking a year off will help - we got bigger, faster and stronger! We were in the gym!”

That argument was so obviously wrong. Anyone that made it should be beyond embarrassed

That's obviously correct but development is important. Problem is you still need front line guys while the younger guys develop. We've lost guys but never got experienced replacements. For all the good recruiting we've done recently, that's a fail which will hamstring the development of our entire offense.

Reaction Score
This was absolutely the worst case scenario. Count me as one who thought (maybe more hoped) that we would be better. This was a carbon copy of the show we have seen for the last 10 years. The defense looks like it is better but not good enough, and the offense looks absolutely like a lost cause.

I pray the most improvement is game 1 to 2. Otherwise we may get blown out next week.

Reaction Score
Like the ancient philosopher Mike Tyson once said,

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."

Except us. We have no plan except to get punched in the mouth.
And as he also added: “Dith dithplay of primitive skills ish ludicrous”!

Reaction Score
Give Joe Moorhead everything he wants and bring him home.
Seriously, what will it take to fix this mess? Write the check and fix it. We can flex into the independent status if we get good and play a unique style.

Reaction Score
This was absolutely the worst case scenario. Count me as one who thought (maybe more hoped) that we would be better. This was a carbon copy of the show we have seen for the last 10 years. The defense looks like it is better but not good enough, and the offense looks absolutely like a lost cause.

I pray the most improvement is game 1 to 2. Otherwise we may get blown out next week.
Go get a real OC and not complain about the offense "scoring too fast, and putting pressure on the defense". That would be a start.

Reaction Score
107 yards of total offense. I’d bet a large sum that’s the fewest yards we see all of Week 0 and Week 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom