Maya Moore Officially Retires | The Boneyard

Maya Moore Officially Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I think we all knew it was coming, but, selfishly, it stinks to see it. One of the greatest with nothing to prove. I think we all know that whatever comes next for her, she’s going to be the best at it.

Congrats, Maya!

Reaction Score
Maya is my #1 favorite UConn basketball player, men or women.

Maya, Jonathan and her son.
1673876456484.png

Reaction Score
While I was hoping to see Maya play again I am thankful she chose UConn and we had the opportunity to watch and cheer for this fine person and fantastic basketball player !

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably my all time favorite players are Catchings, Bird, and Moore. All three were richly talented, very hard workers, and let their games do most of the talking. There was little to no trash talk, controversies, and they all just went out there and played basketball as hard as they could.

As has been said this is no shock but it is a little sad but also a time to reflect on a heck of a career. Congratulations to her.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Tip of the cap to her. One of my all-time favorite huskies. Steely nerves coupled with an always gracious demeanor. One of the GOATs. Made it look easy without ever taking it easy.

I look forward to seeing her many accomplishments to come, now off the Court.

Reaction Score
Few, if any, were her equal once the whistle blew but none were her equal in the aplomb with which she entered a court. She swept low thru the introduction line with an energy and exuberance that lit up her teammates and the arena - seemed like game over, before it started

Reaction Score

And all that above, HuskyNan, with due respect to Stewie, DT and Sue, among others, to me Maya was the best basketball player ever to don a Huskies uniform, and as classy as they came, too.

I hope this doesn't open a tangential thread about who's the GOAT; rather, it's just one man's opinion as Maya retires from the sport.

Anyone else think it's not a coincidence she's making the announcement on MLK Jr. Day? Seems to me it's Maya being Maya.

Cheers, Maya, here's to a happy and healthy life for you, Jonathan and your family, replete with fulfilling accomplishments. Thank you for the basketball thrills you gave me while you were at UConn.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
No doubt Maya is among the all-time greats to play basketball, but for me what sets her apart is that she was/is so much more. Her game was absolutely beautiful -- it was so smooth and apparently effortless, she made you think it was all easy. She worked so hard, but you'd never know it by watching her play.

Off the court it was the same way. She was a three-time Academic All-American. She's extremely bright, but she worked really hard at her studies.

She has great physical gifts and a great mind, but her biggest asset is her heart. Before several WNBA stars sat out the 2020 season to work on social justice issues, there was Maya. She was and continues to be a trailblazer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While I was hoping to see Maya play again I am thankful she chose UConn and we had the opportunity to watch and cheer for this fine person and fantastic basketball player !
Maya is the reason I started watching WNBA games. I wanted to follow her after she left UConn. Even though she’s moved on, I’m still watching. I love the W. :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, as a fan, I have to wonder what her career might have looked like had she not cut it short. Note that I’m not making a judgment call on that. Her efforts at criminal justice reform are noble self sacrifice. But, as a fan, I just can’t help but wonder what if.

Reaction Score
It's perfectly normal to look at the "what if's" but some people have a higher calling in life and Maya is one of them! What a pleasure it was to see her play, grow and inspire us on and off the court. Maya for president!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom