May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
clearly a more athletic and versatile version of the great KML.......
Trimmer for sure. At the collegiate level, K was reasonably athletic and versatile. Not so much at the next level. But I like the word "great" for Kaleena.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Closest Game of 2020: STMA at Hopkins. Paige Bueckers needs a Triple-Double to keep streak alive

In order for Hopkins to overcome, Paige Bueckers would put the team on her back. Bueckers finished with 28 points on 12/18 shooting, 10 assists, 10 rebounds, and 5 steals -- a triple double.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Middletown game from February 2019 starring Saylor Poffenbarger. Saylor scored 29 points in this one, showing off a variety of skills---post ups, dribble-drives, turnarounds in the lane, long threes, a few terrific passes, and much better ball-handling skills than I realized.

Reaction Score
Middletown game from February 2019 starring Saylor Poffenbarger. Saylor scored 29 points in this one, showing off a variety of skills---post ups, dribble-drives, turnarounds in the lane, long threes, a few terrific passes, and much better ball-handling skills than I realized.

1 hour 18 minutes......any cliff notes?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1 hour 18 minutes......any cliff notes?

Game starts at 5:33 so technically closer to 1:12 minutes. Skip through the 10-minute halftime and you're really talking just over an hour. FF the timeouts and it's more like 55 minutes.

But I'll try and match highlights with video time so folks can skip to those plays.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Game starts at 5:33 so technically closer to 1:12 minutes. Skip through the 10-minute halftime and you're really talking just over an hour. FF the timeouts and it's more like 55 minutes.

But I'll try and match highlights with video time so folks can skip to those plays.

11:57 - defensive rebound and makes an excellent 3/4 court pass to a streaking teammate for an assist

14:30 - hits a deep three

25:08 - hits a long three off the dribble

31:22 - scores in the post off glass after spinning away from a defender

46:30 - excellent step-through for a basket and the foul after driving baseline

49:40 - seals a defender in the high post, then finishes a really good pass from a teammate over the top

53:30 - terrific spin move deep in the lane for two

56:10 - back cut for a layup and a foul

59:15 - drives left, finds an open teammate for a layup after drawing two defenders

1:02:36 - drives from outside the line into the lane, makes clever shot inside

1:03:47 - step-back, step-over jumper for two

1:10:37 - defensive rebound, crossover in the high post to the basket and finished plus the foul

1:11:40 - defensive rebound, dribbles down the floor, goes baseline, steps around a defender, and hits a tough shot in the paint with her body going away from the hoop

1:13:55 - defensive rebound, dribbles down the floor, beats her defender, gets in the lane, steps past another defender and scores

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
People should watch the whole game. Saylor is so fundamentally sound, it is jaw dropping. Unfortunately, she is the only player on the team and is often quadruple teamed and when her team fell behind, she felt she had to do everything and as a result, was forced to take some impossible shots. Paige is lucky she had such good players around her,.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To emphasize: this game is from February 2019. Saylor was a sophomore. I saw her in 2020. She is taller, stronger, and better now. I think Frederick is the only team to beat Middletown in the past 2 seasons.

@RoadWarrior and I saw Saylor multiple times. She is fundamentally sound and highly versatile. Her head coach is her mother, who was an excellent player at Missouri. Saylor plays a combination of PG, C, and SF. Note how quickly she takes the ball out of the basket (like UConn) when inbounding after an opponent's hoop. After a defensive rebound, she takes one dribble toward the open corner, turns upcourt, and looks to see what is open. Note that she uses both hands, but prefers to shoot with the right hand, even when the left might be advisable.

Some more plays (times may be slightly off) :

7:15 shot block

8:45 shot block

13:22 blocks a pass with her leg/foot

14:56 shot alter

15:13 shot block

56:46 free throw--excellent form and a swish

59:15 the pass that SLU notes is left-handed

I love Saylor's game. I hope to see her when she plays again.

Reaction Score
Blue Star's #1 2024 Kendall Dudley playing against boys:

I was at one of the games in the highlights. She is good, however, it is much too early to rank her #1 (or anyone else) in the class of 2024. She is playing in a mediocre conference too

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was at one of the games in the highlights. She is good, however, it is much too early to rank her #1 (or anyone else) in the class of 2024. She is playing in a mediocre conference.

You know there are services that rank players in the 5th grade? Eighth grade is not all that early.

Mark Lewis of Blue Star was writing reports on Dudley before she started 7th while watching her on the summer circuit, and he said she was already established at that point.

Kendall Dudley – 2024 – Guard/Wing – Maryland – Belles WatsonAlready established…Length and athleticism for age…Creates both shots and passes…Slashes into the paint…Can elevate among the bigs…Not shy in looking for opportunities…Nothing but major possibilities

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2024 Kendall Dudley 6’0” SF Virginia

Every coach would love to have a girl like Kendall Dudley. , she plays hard all the time and is unselfish in her style of play. Dudley was everywhere at the Future Stars USA Showcase. She rebounded with reckless abandon, got on the floor for loose balls, and defended multiple positions. All these things impressed me, and I’m sure we’re impressive to college coaches.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kendall “KD” Dudley is a 6’ 0” high motor Wing/Forward for the Maryland Belles 2023 team. She is a slasher who uses her agile body and length to finish at the rim with either hand. “KD” can also knock down the perimeter 3 and has developed a consistent mid-range jumper off the dribble. Defensively, KD uses her wing-span, speed, and high anticipation skills to cause disruption to opposing team’s offense. She is also a great rebounder that can lead the break to the other end. Kendall’s graduation year is 2024.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The scouts have taken notice of Dudley, and I'm beyond positive UConn has as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kendall Dudley, 2024 Wing, Maryland Belles:

In terms of highest upside prospects in the gym, the highly skilled 6-footer showed multiple flashes of star power throughout two big Maryland Belles wins. Between her mix of size, advanced skills, and in-game intensity, the sky is the limit for the emerging young talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Williamsville South game from January in two parts. Amari DeBerry had 18 points and 12 rebounds prior to fouling out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom