Mau | The Boneyard

Mau

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hahahaha what does this mean?

Reaction Score
What the hell does this mean? Can you try not speaking in code?
Golfers were on Shennecosett Golf Course in Groton Connecticut playing in a 22 degree fahrenheit temperature condtion with a wind chill factor quite a bit lower than the actual temperature. Some were riding around in golf carts making the experience seem even colder than that. Mau stands for mauconnfan who is a regular poster on this board. I believe his username means Massachusetts UConn Fan. Just Guessing. He is among other things an avid golfer and may find what I typed amusing. How is that?

Reaction Score
Golfers were on Shennecosett Golf Course in Groton Connecticut playing in a 22 degree fahrenheit temperature condtion with a wind chill factor quite a bit lower than the actual temperature. Some were riding around in golf carts making the experience seem even colder than that. Mau stands for mauconnfan who is a regular poster on this board. I believe his username means Massachusetts UConn Fan. Just Guessing. He is among other things an avid golfer and may find what I typed amusing. How is that?
Better! Lol! Shouldn’t this be OT? I thought it was something about a crash and our basketball players were on ambulance carts. Lol! I’m always thinking the worst this year with the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah what Idaho types isn’t code and he knows it’s especially not with me. Lol

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
As long as there’s now snow, it’s fine. Just need proper clothing. I mountain bike in this weather regularly and you’re nice and warm once you get going

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Playing golf in sub-50 degree weather helps with your ball striking.
Mishit a shot and you get immediate visceral feedback up through your hands and arms.

Reaction Score
Playing golf in sub-50 degree weather helps with your ball striking.
Mishit a shot and you get immediate visceral feedback up through your hands and arms.

Sub 50 Chin? No wind and in 40s is nothing still on a mishit ( but how would I know lol ) it’s the low 30s and less that make you find the sweet spot.

Reaction Score
Started pre 1900 with a few holes. Belonged with the Griswold Hotel(present 16th hole) to Morton Plant who owned the UConn Avery Point property and mansion. Used to be private til the mid 60s now owned by the town. Redone by Ross it was a true links course until a land swap with Pfizer turned into a muni. Gets a lot of play still I think with local leagues.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sub 50 Chin? No wind and in 40s is nothing still on a mishit ( but how would I know lol ) it’s the low 30s and less that make you find the sweet spot.

Played last Saturday. Went outside at 7:45am and had heavy frost on windshield. Course wouldn't let anyone until course thawed out around 8:30.
We teed off around 9; when we made the turn around 11, it was about 55 degrees and we were down to slacks and polos.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm impressed. Back when I lived in Quincy, I often played in the high-30s/low-40s, but below freezing was a no-go. I didn't even know course superintendents let you do that?

I can't imagine trying to take a divot on tundra.

Reaction Score
You could have added “none of your business”, or ask nicer. ;^)

Reaction Score
Played last Saturday. Went outside at 7:45am and had heavy frost on windshield. Course wouldn't let anyone until course thawed out around 8:30.
We teed off around 9; when we made the turn around 11, it was about 55 degrees and we were down to slacks and polos.
I was impressed until I realized you live almost as far south as you can in the lower 48.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom