2023 Recruiting: - Matt Curtis | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Matt Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's going to be a very talented low- or mid-major player. He isn't on our level.

You have to remember NWC may be a private school, but they play in a public league (same conference as Bristol Central where Clingan is). The competition is not that good, and he isn't a million feet tall to make up for it.
Just curious who you are counting on as our shooter(s). Not sure I see any lights out guys.

Reaction Score
Just curious who you are counting on as our shooter(s). Not sure I see any lights out guys.

Polley, Cole, Gaff, Hawkins. Rese, Akok, Jackson, Whaley... one of 'em needs to step it up. We are short on shooters.

Reaction Score
Polley, Cole, Gaff, Hawkins. Rese, Akok, Jackson, Whaley... one of 'em needs to step it up. We are short on shooters.
Plenty of shooters that lack consistency, but have potential. In that group I’d like to see Hawkins be a good shooter from day 1, Cole raise his percentages and Gaffney start playing to his potential consistently. Shooting from the rest of them is gravy. I liked when Whaley was knocking down 15 footers consistently, Tyrese seems to be streaky, but good for some threes every couple of games and Akok should be pretty solid shooting it once he sees the floor regularly.

We really need our guards to hit shots consistently. Hopefully, Diggins has been working on his shot all summer too. The shooting from our backcourt and wings is what holds us back from being a top 10 team. Solve that issue and we will be excellent.

Reaction Score
He's going to be a very talented low- or mid-major player. He isn't on our level.

You have to remember NWC may be a private school, but they play in a public league (same conference as Bristol Central where Clingan is). The competition is not that good, and he isn't a million feet tall to make up for it.
Kuran Iverson played at NW Catholic and eventually got recruited by Hurley!

Reaction Score
UConn will be recruiting a freshman at Northwest Catholic this year, Badara Diakite.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

While he may be a good shooter, the rest of his game probably isn't fit for high-major play.

We definitely could use more shooters, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom