Maryland, UCLA, Oregon, UConn and Other Injured Teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland, UCLA, Oregon, UConn and Other Injured Teams

Reaction Score
And in comparison Kyei is on the court for 8 minutes and had 7. They could have been during garbage time, but how Prince only mustered 1 in almost 30 minutes of play is mind boggling.
Not in garbage time but mostly her own misses. but at least she was working the boards. Davis isn’t a small team with 10 6 foot or better including 6’6”, 6’5, a couple of 6’3” etc. rebounds were even on the stat sheet but Davis blocked out and worked at it more efficiently. Oregon’s downfall was bad shooting, lack of hustle, and a speed deficit.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Graves and Prince looked like they were having (or he was having) a serious talk prior to that; he was not giving out compliments; she had her hands on her hips, etc.

Prince and Sabally have a good synergy and are an effective pair (imo) because Nyara does not hesitate to work inside and Prince can then hang around the high post, make passes (which she does well), and take the mid range shots that she loves (and is good at). But Prince minus Nyara = a 6'7" post who would much rather be a stretch 4 at best. Both Watson and Kyei can at least bang and rebound.
Is OU skimping on their weight room? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And in comparison Kyei is on the court for 8 minutes and had 7. They could have been during garbage time, but how Prince only mustered 1 in almost 30 minutes of play is mind boggling.
Prince's hands seem to go away sometimes - looked like she could have gotten more rebounds, but fumbled them away. Did the same on passes inside. Will never forget Graves saying a couple years ago that she had "Bill Walton" similarities.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Will never forget Graves saying a couple years ago that she had "Bill Walton" similarities.
Does she like to ramble on endlessly about various inane subjects? Are we sure he was referring to her basketball abilities w/ these similarities?

Reaction Score
Cracked me up, northwest. Maybe both? Although I do like Walton's endless rambling. Something about it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cracked me up, northwest. Maybe both? Although I do like Walton's endless rambling. Something about it.
The world is very much divided on whether Walton is entertaining or irritating. I've heard too much of him, I don't find him amusing. But certainly many do, so it's a matter of taste.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I agree: no go to scorer, no one who can carry the team even for a few minutes--really a group of mostly complementary players taking on responsibility that they aren't ready for. And then there's Prince: 5 shots, 1rebound.
Prince just runs up and down the court like it is a PE class that you have to participate in. Does not even try to get a rebound. Get Sabally, PaoPao and Rodger back in January and start Kyei in her place with Watson and Prince rotating in. No way Prince is a starter, it is like the heart is just not there. I am sure some of the other players would be fine with it. I just dont see her focus is there to win games. She seems more interested in all the side extras out there. Just a vibe I have.

Btw, More help to arrive in the future with 6ft-7in recruit Kennedy Basham. in the wings who can rebound.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, Prince has always been more "sizzle" than "steak". She rightfully garnered a ton of media last spring by pointing out the inequities of the MCBBT and the WCBBT in relation to the gym accommodations which morphed into the whole review of the two tournaments. Many media and posters likewise linked her astute observations to that of similar basketball achievements for her during her college career, which to that point were minimal. She's been on USA teams when she was younger but those skills and motivations seem to have been passed by others at this point either due to significant injuries and time away or through lack of effort. Is she really an All-American candidate, probably not. Is she a PAC12 1st team candidate, probably but the season has to play out to see if she earns that.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
To me, Prince has always been more "sizzle" than "steak". She rightfully garnered a ton of media last spring by pointing out the inequities of the MCBBT and the WCBBT in relation to the gym accommodations which morphed into the whole review of the two tournaments. Many media and posters likewise linked her astute observations to that of similar basketball achievements for her during her college career, which to that point were minimal. She's been on USA teams when she was younger but those skills and motivations seem to have been passed by others at this point either due to significant injuries and time away or through lack of effort. Is she really an All-American candidate, probably not. Is she a PAC12 1st team candidate, probably but the season has to play out to see if she earns that.
She actually was on a USA team this summer (coached by Dawn) and did ok. She also had a good game against Georgia in last's year's NCAA Tournament. But that was with Sabally in the lineup, something that now seems a prerequisite for her being more than "sizzle," if never the player Oregon fans hoped she would be. Not going to UCONN surely saved Geno a headache or two.

Reaction Score
Ducks squeak out at Portland by 3, 62-59.At this point I’ll take it. Parrish carried the scoring load with 26 points (10-14, 4-6 from 3). Sedona went harder tonight and ended up with 22 points, 8 rebounds. Graves probably mentioned a few things to her this week. The rest of the team scored a combined 14 points. Not good. Lots of press and trap by Portland so good experience.for the “not guards” that are having to play. Mistakes were made but…

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ducks squeak out at Portland by 3, 62-59.At this point I’ll take it. Parrish carried the scoring load with 26 points (10-14, 4-6 from 3). Sedona went harder tonight and ended up with 22 points, 8 rebounds. Graves probably mentioned a few things to her this week. Lots of press and trap by Portland so good experience.for the “not guards” that are having to play. Mistakes were made but…

Did not watch the game just saw the score. Holy cow. So Oregon is still without some of their key players it seems, huh?

Reaction Score
Did not watch the game just saw the score. Holy cow. So Oregon is still without some of their key players it seems, huh?
Still missing the three all-conference players: Paopao, Rogers, Sabally. Coach says Rogers got her hand cast off and is looking pretty good for the December road trip to Kansas State and Northwestern. Sabally and Paopao both out until about Christmas.

Reaction Score
Still missing the three all-conference players: Paopao, Rogers, Sabally. Coach says Rogers got her hand cast off and is looking pretty good for the December road trip to Kansas State and Northwestern. Sabally and Paopao both out until about Christmas.
The biggest thing about Parrish is many felt she was capable of taking over a game. She just needs to be more consistent game in and game out. Get the others back and get play like that from her and it will feel like a different team.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The world is very much divided on whether Walton is entertaining or irritating. I've heard too much of him, I don't find him amusing. But certainly many do, so it's a matter of taste.
I put him in the endearing category. Not necessarily entertaining, but someone you want to have a beer...or something else... with.

Reaction Score
Prince just runs up and down the court like it is a PE class that you have to participate in. Does not even try to get a rebound. Get Sabally, PaoPao and Rodger back in January and start Kyei in her place with Watson and Prince rotating in. No way Prince is a starter, it is like the heart is just not there. I am sure some of the other players would be fine with it. I just dont see her focus is there to win games. She seems more interested in all the side extras out there. Just a vibe I have.

Btw, More help to arrive in the future with 6ft-7in recruit Kennedy Basham. in the wings who can rebou
The Oregon fan base loves Prince and Sabally but they might be the issues going on with the team.
Sabally is a ball hog and a turnover machine. Prince half tries in the games but also not as good as advertised.
They both also seem to have more of a bully attitude than leader of the team. And of course the rest of the young team probably not going to speak up against those two. So this just puts no chemistry in the team and no one having fun (or winning). Sabrina need to come in and crack some whips here.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The Oregon fan base loves Prince and Sabally but they might be the issues going on with the team.
Sabally is a ball hog and a turnover machine. Prince half tries in the games but also not as good as advertised.
They both also seem to have more of a bully attitude than leader of the team. And of course the rest of the young team probably not going to speak up against those two. So this just puts no chemistry in the team and no one having fun (or winning). Sabrina need to come in and crack some whips here.
Everyone obviously has a right to his/her own opinion, but I don't quite see how taking 28 shots in 49 minutes of playing time over two games (and making 17) with 4 turnovers makes Nyara this season a "ball hog and a turnover machine." (Or maybe my standards are just really low.) And, like her sister, she is anything but a "bully." I do agree that having Sabrina (or a reasonable facsimile) around cracking the whip would help.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I love Bill Walton.

As for the topic of injuries, Arizona had starting post Lauren Ware go down in the first 30 seconds of last night's game vs North Dakota State. Everyone was worried about ACL, but it appears to be a dislocation of her right kneecap. Out for 1-2 weeks. Most of that is full of games that they can win without her, but towards the end is the game in Vegas against Texas. Will have to see how long she is actually gone. Sucks even more now that Texas refused to honor the home-and-home so this game isn't being held in McKale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom