Maryland rushes the court in win against Duke | The Boneyard

Maryland rushes the court in win against Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My boss is a Maryland grad and of course had to send pictures of Maryland rushing the court with a win. I told him at Uconn we don't rush the court because winning is expected. Damn tough loss today!
2013-02-169520_29_47_.jpg
2013-02-169520_29_47_.jpg

Reaction Score
Well, in their defense, Dook had won 12 of the last 13 vs MD.

Reaction Score
Ok St. Rushed the floor after beating unranked OU today.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
isn't it the last time they play each other and aren't they really big rivals?

Reaction Score
Maryland sports have been bad for a while. They had a mini run a few years ago with Vasquez but this is their biggest win in years. They also rushed the court when they beat NC State...

Reaction Score
I could not care less about when or why people rush the court. Is it a little embarrassing when you beat a team out of the Top 2 or 3? Yes.

Did the students have fun, and were they enthusiastic? Yes.

The second question is all that matters. You won't see me rush the court, but I'm almost 30 now, and I don't care what 18-22 year-olds do.

Reaction Score
Yea to be honest I don't really care when or why fans rush the court. It's the easiest way to get on ESPN ;)

Reaction Score
On a different note: Miami has a 3 game lead now on Duke. While they have one more game left against Duke (in Cameron), they have no one else difficult on their road schedule (or home, really, either, given the quality of the ACC). They pretty much have this wrapped up barring a disaster.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I could not care less about when or why people rush the court. Is it a little embarrassing when you beat a team out of the Top 2 or 3? Yes.

The second question is all that matters. You won't see me rush the court, but I'm almost 30 now, and I don't care what 18-22 year-olds do.
With a little thought I'd give the student body slack if their program lost 100 games in a row and then broke that streak with a win. No matter what the ranking is you storm the court.

Reaction Score
I went to this game last night. Always fun to watch Coach K and Duke lose. Got to say the Comcast Center is one of the best atmospheres in college hoops. That place was rocking last night - loud!

Check out the student section on this youtube clip:
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G1qoZxWAsk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or link here:

Reaction Score
On a different note: Miami has a 3 game lead now on Duke. While they have one more game left against Duke (in Cameron), they have no one else difficult on their road schedule (or home, really, either, given the quality of the ACC). They pretty much have this wrapped up barring a disaster.

Trust me, Miami has no chance in Cameron, Miami's top scorers will be in foul trouble before the start of the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Good to know MD's student section has more creativity than Randy's playbook.

Reaction Score

It's not embarrassing at all. It was shown on ESPN. It showed genuine enthusiasm. It looked and sounded great. Good for them.

You can now return to watching Golf.

Reaction Score
It's not embarrassing at all. It was shown on ESPN. It showed genuine enthusiasm. It looked and sounded great. Good for them.

You can now return to watching Golf.
To be fair, Duke was number 2, so I'm with you. If you rush the court when you beat number 11...

Reaction Score
isn't it the last time they play each other and aren't they really big rivals?
Well according to the Dook coach, North Carolina is their rival and
"I have a great deal of respect for Maryland. If it was such a rivalry they'd still be in the ACC. Obviously they don't think it's that important or else they wouldn't be in the Big Ten." Nice little temper tantrum there Mike.

Reaction Score
I went to this game last night. Always fun to watch Coach K and Duke lose. Got to say the Comcast Center is one of the best atmospheres in college hoops. That place was rocking last night - loud!

Check out the student section on this youtube clip:
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G1qoZxWAsk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or link here:

This is awesome! Would be nice if the lethargic Uconn students of "the present" took a look at this and realized how terrible they are. I love the way the Maryland Students are on the sides as well as the ends of the courts. That move could could easily change the atmosphere at both Gampel and the XL.

Reaction Score
Seeing that video the fans won the game. The 6th man in this case brought enough energy to score at least 6 points, and certainly responsible for the 2 point margin. Hell the Wizards may have lost in that game environment. That's why I love college b'ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom