Maryland QB Taulia Tagovailoa in the portal | The Boneyard

Maryland QB Taulia Tagovailoa in the portal

Reaction Score
Has no eligibility, but when did that stop anyone?
Yeah, it's almost like he's trying to claim 2020 was a redshirt but also claim the COVID year eligiblity at the same time. Records seem to indicate that he played in 5 games at Alabama, so no redshirt freshman season.

Reaction Score
Has no eligibility, but when did that stop anyone?
eligibility is a restraint on trade, the court will strike it down... i wish i was kidding. that'll happen soon.

Reaction Score
The idea seems to be that Saban put him in a couple of games at Alabama just to have him kneel on the ball. He sabotaged his redshirt year, so to speak. At least that is what I have read, and seems to be the basis for his waiver request. Who knows what will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the request is granted as they seem to go through pretty smoothly these days.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t he enter the draft, teams are desperate for QBs.

Reaction Score
eligibility is a restraint on trade, the court will strike it down... i wish i was kidding. that'll happen soon.
Once players are paid for their services, you’re right.

Reaction Score
Just what I've read, but Maryland fans have been talking about how controlling the father is and expect the kid to end up in Miami if he is granted a waiver.

Reaction Score
I think kids see a guaranteed paycheck, at least for one season. Would depend on your draft grade and what you think you may or not make I guess.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Once players are paid for their services, you’re right.
But they aren't paid for their services, just their name, image and likeness, um right...?

Reaction Score
But they aren't paid for their services, just their name, image and likeness, um right...?
For the moment, right. This will turn into a pay to play as they “reform” the NIL mess they created.

Reaction Score
For the moment, right. This will turn into a pay to play as they “reform” the NIL mess they created.
Problem is they can't reform NIL because it's just a sponsorship. Could the nfl players bargain away their right to take sponsors?! Obviously they wouldn't...

Reaction Score
He and his brother already have a bunch of endorsement contracts in place and have been working this plan since the 2023 season started.

if this happens it‘s pretty much the last frontier to indefinite eligibility.

And why not? Why can’t a school have a 10-year player? The academic connections are a running joke anyway and if the guy is selling tickets then I’m all for it. He’s not good enough to be a pro so might as well get in where you fit in, right?

Reaction Score
Problem is they can't reform NIL because it's just a sponsorship. Could the nfl players bargain away their right to take sponsors?! Obviously they wouldn't...
The NCAA can impose any reasonable and rational restriction on any activity related to the amateur sporting status eligibility. They can’t block NIL as to unrelated business endeavors (which is where it started). Right now it’s a giant booster fraud program and not what was intended. None of these kids would make a dime if they didn’t have an established college brand affiliation to leverage. All this garbage should move to a NFL farm league, but it won’t because the money is the school brand affiliation. Nobody is showing up to watch the Tuscaloosa Brawlers or Tallahassee Tomahawks.

Reaction Score
The NCAA can impose any reasonable and rational restriction on any activity related to the amateur sporting status eligibility. They can’t block NIL as to unrelated business endeavors (which is where it started). Right now it’s a giant booster fraud program and not what was intended. None of these kids would make a dime if they didn’t have an established college brand affiliation to leverage. All this garbage should move to a NFL farm league, but it won’t because the money is the school brand affiliation. Nobody is showing up to watch the Tuscaloosa Brawlers or Tallahassee Tomahawks.
No. It really can't because what's to differentiate between the two? And say you forced that issue. The NIL fund will just find a partner sponsor to team up with.

How many times can it be said that the bell cannot be unrung. You cannot have any form of NIL and stop boosters from paying for said NIL.

I wish all football fans would stop carrying such delusions that you can prevent some of these things. It isn't just funny any more. It is frustrating to see such delusional takes

Hard reality. NIL is the end of amateurism. Any half measure is like being half pregnant

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom