Marquette | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette

Reaction Score
Something more went down in this game than just Marquette having a bad shooting night. At best, hopefully it was just a late night of partying, or the flu, or bad calamari. Or something much much worse. Cuz something was way way off. That looked like a team playing a Sunday pickup game at the local Y after a late night out.

Reaction Score
Here’s why Marquette looked the way they did tonight. Was listening to Zolak and Bertrand today, had a caller who said that Marquette would beat UConn in the national championship, said Marquette only lost by 5 pts to us without Kolek. Wrong and of course convenientLu leave out the fact we beat Marquette by 35 with Kolek.

You upset the mojo gods and spew misinformation on top of that, of course fatso Bertrand and career loser qb riding Brady coattails Zolak never fact checked, and said how much they would love to see that.

Reaction Score
Near the end of the first half they missed a dunk and Joplin missed all three FTs on a fouled 3pt shot. It felt over after that. It was full discombobulation pretty much the entire game, and Shaka didn't do anything about it.
What could he really do though? I guess he could've tried to speed up NC State more but they play slowly and don't turn it over. Tell his guys to stop taking wide open shots and stop throwing the ball into the crowd for no reason? They're not a bang it down low team and Oso stinks now.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we learn some Marquette players were on the take that game. It was that confounding a performance by some of their players and we're going to have scandals with the proliferation and constant promotion of sports gambling everywhere.

Reaction Score
Marquette spits the bitt once again. At least this they weren’t BE champs

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
They settled for way too many three-point shots. I wish I could say it was shocking that smart didn’t change up the game plan.

Reaction Score
You’re probably lying
Ummmm no, I always do terrible on my brackets, so I tried to put a lot of thought into it. I also bet on the games, so I’m paying attention to everything. The rest of my bracket is not to good, but I did pick them for that reason only because I know NOTHING about them.

Reaction Score
I picked NC State to go to the final four just because the last team that won their conference tourney the way they did, won it all.
At least we won’t let them.

Reaction Score
Kolek is good? He goes to dominant hand every time I don’t know anybody on boneyard that couldn’t beat him 1 on 1 if you were under 25 and over 5ft 9 . My frustration is if we don’t get out of Big East before it implodes we are screwed. Us and Villanova need to leave. The end is the beginning we will reunite with Cuse , Pitt acc who gets left out of Big Ten and SEC. I’m over babying the Midwest this is big east not Creighton, Marquette, DePaul, Xavier, Butler telling everybody you know UConn? They can start there own conference with sister ST Francis from Loyola Chicago but he who hesitates is lost

Reaction Score
Ummmm no, I always do terrible on my brackets, so I tried to put a lot of thought into it. I also bet on the games, so I’m paying attention to everything. The rest of my bracket is not to good, but I did pick them for that reason only because I know NOTHING about them.
Nah you’re actually lying

Reaction Score
I'm a Shaka fan...luckily his march success is finally trending in the right direction...

VCU

Final Four
Round of 32
Round of 32
Round of 64
Round of 64

TEXAS

Round of 64
Round of 64
Round of 64

MARQUETTE

Round of 64
Round of 32
Sweet 16

Reaction Score
Kolek is good? He goes to dominant hand every time I don’t know anybody on boneyard that couldn’t beat him 1 on 1 if you were under 25 and over 5ft 9 . My frustration is if we don’t get out of Big East before it implodes we are screwed. Us and Villanova need to leave. The end is the beginning we will reunite with Cuse , Pitt acc who gets left out of Big Ten and SEC. I’m over babying the Midwest this is big east not Creighton, Marquette, DePaul, Xavier, Butler telling everybody you know UConn? They can start there own conference with sister ST Francis from Loyola Chicago but he who hesitates is lost
Brutal take

Reaction Score
NCAA underperformance is why Shaka was fired at Texas, right? he had the one magical run t VCU and has been a dud in the tourney ever since
This was his first Sweet Sixteen since 2011 which, coincidentally, was his only other Sweet Sixteen on the way to that year's FF.

He gets a lot of credit for being a great coach and his players seem (to this point) to like him but maybe there's something else going on and he's not the coach people believe him to be.

Reaction Score
Near the end of the first half they missed a dunk and Joplin missed all three FTs on a fouled 3pt shot. It felt over after that. It was full discombobulation pretty much the entire game, and Shaka didn't do anything about it.
Could he be looking at open jobs and the team knows about it?
This sure didn't look like the Marquette we're accustomed to seeing and the way MU and CU played tonight didn't do anything to bolster the NBE's reputation. It's all on the Huskies.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom