Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Refs let defenders get away with a ton of contact against Clingan due to his size. Whenever he's facing up to the basket and going into a shot attempt defenders hack the hell out of his arms and get away with body contact too.

Reaction Score
Another ghost buried.

Road win against ranked team.

35 minutes of mostly solid ball and then a brutal last 4 minutes. Tristen was just letting Marquette double team and trap him. Needs to be fixed.

Alex picks the perfect game to find his stroke.

Cam was lights out. Welcome back to the 50/40/90 club.

Diarra was real good but missed a few at the rim.

I liked Stewie's aggression shooting and his block was a "highlight. He has jumps. Two O rebounds in one possession on first half.

Might be fewest fouls on a game all season for DC.

I don't mind when Ighodaro dribbles and hits defender on the chest with his shoulder, but he gets away with a bunch using his arm to push off and clear space.
I want Stewie near the rim more when he gets run. His shot is obviously off right now. As I always say, Hurley will never punish you for attacking the rim.

Reaction Score
Went to the clock killing offensive slow down with 3:55 remaining which didn’t go well. The team seems to struggle doing this. I wish they would keep running the offensive sets and look for the open/best shot instead.
Yeah. We really need to knock that off.

Reaction Score
Went to the clock killing offensive slow down with 3:55 remaining which didn’t go well. The team seems to struggle doing this. I wish they would keep running the offensive sets and look for the open/best shot instead.
Doesn't make sense to me why they do it instead of just running their normal offense, the offense already chews up alot of clock as it is.

Reaction Score
Top 10 win on the road, I love newton but damn he was bad with that trap
He needs to get rid of the ball rather than hold the ball and hope for the foul, which is what he was doing. Spencer and Karaban are both excellent free throw shooters, and Castle has been really good lately too, so Newton can pass to them. I'm sure the coaches will talk to him about that.

Reaction Score
First road win against a ranked team in 10 years! Marquette punched us back hard once in the 1st half and twice in the 2nd half. We responded very well the first 2 times, which led to us being able to survive the the 3rd. A W is a W!

My favorite parts -
  • Great game from Karaban. On fire from 3, and great work on his cuts and drives too
  • Cam was furious when he picked up his 2nd foul, I knew he was going to make up for it in the second half. Finished with 17/8/6 and 5 threes. No comment on the technical
  • JAYLIN STEWART TWO BIG BOY OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AND A NASTY BLOCK!
  • Solid scoring game for Oso but Clingan had a great game defensively anyway. Marquette's guards were terrified of the paint while Clingan racked up 9pts/12reb/4blk
  • Really rough game offensively for Castle, but the true freshman stepped up to the line and iced it with 8 seconds left
  • Team defense was great. Marquette shot a good % from three but it felt like most looks were heavily contested. Great switching and fighting around screens
UConn has positioned themselves VERY well to clinch that East Region 1 seed. Let's go!!

Reaction Score
Cam’s T changed the momentum dangerously. I think TNew was expecting a foul call because they were fouling him in those traps.

Reaction Score
Refs let defenders get away with a ton of contact against Clingan due to his size. Whenever he's facing up to the basket and going into a shot attempt defenders hack the hell out of his arms and get away with body contact too.
Thank you!!!! I didnt mention it in my previous post because i didnt want to get flamed for whining about the refs but it was ridiculous!!! He got fouled at least 3 times that were clear as day!!! I was yelling at my tv "thats a foul!!! thats a F%@%% foul!!!!"

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Stewart’s shot wasn’t falling, but I liked his energy. I’ll take a second unit of Stewart and Karaban at the 4/5 over a lineup with Samson Johnson any day. Samson was fun in November, but he is lost out there now.

Reaction Score
Yeah. We really need to knock that off.
Cam and AK missed wide open threes that would've iced it but we did go into slow down prevent mode and Tristen seemed to be welcoming the trap. I feel like we get into analytics in these situations and it does work out with the win but it seems to be tempting fate. We don't score when we do it. I was just waiting for the ref to call Tristen for the second consecutive bump of Stevie Mitchell right in front of him.

Reaction Score
First road win against a ranked team in 10 years! Marquette punched us back hard once in the 1st half and twice in the 2nd half. We responded very well the first 2 times, which led to us being able to survive the the 3rd. A W is a W!

My favorite parts -
  • Great game from Karaban. On fire from 3, and great work on his cuts and drives too
  • Cam was furious when he picked up his 2nd foul, I knew he was going to make up for it in the second half. Finished with 17/8/6 and 5 threes. No comment on the technical
  • JAYLIN STEWART TWO BIG BOY OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AND A NASTY BLOCK!
  • Solid scoring game for Oso but Clingan had a great game defensively anyway. Marquette's guards were terrified of the paint while Clingan racked up 9pts/12reb/4blk
  • Really rough game offensively for Castle, but the true freshman stepped up to the line and iced it with 8 seconds left
  • Team defense was great. Marquette shot a good % from three but it felt like most looks were heavily contested. Great switching and fighting around screens
UConn has positioned themselves VERY well to clinch that East Region 1 seed. Let's go!!
It should be clinched. I mean at worst we lose to Prov and lose our first game in the BET and we should absolutely still be the one seed in the East. There is no concievable reason why anyone else should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom