Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

caw

Reaction Score
I have a strong suspicion at least one of the two will be running a program before DH leaves here.

I know I'd hire them if I ran a smaller program. Could be the next Indiana St. with one of them at the helm.

Reaction Score
24 assists on 29 FGs. That sort of sums up the talent and culture. Everyone passes well and is willing to do it. Mr. Spock mentality. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Reaction Score
This post in the Marquette forum made me chuckle

That wasn’t just a run of the mill ass-whoopin…
We’re talking medieval colonoscopy with no meds, utilizing a barbed wire wrapped hand trowel performed by a circus geek trained 3 sheets-to-the-wind rabid velociraptor kind of ass-whoopin…

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Why are Gillespie, Kolek, and Cam hated and or arse holes?
Because they are proactive and confident and persistent and often effective. And labels are a popular hand.

These players are pleased with themselves for being that way, and opponents feel the pain inflicted by their successes, as for those not directly affected, the cliche would be, "Haters gonna hate," which might get scoffed at as, "You're just jealous."

All games are a zero-sum proposition with a winner and a loser.

But, as @AntG168 said, you know all this.

Reaction Score
why were the double technicals called?
Spencer was definitely talking smack at Lowery after hitting a three about 15 seconds before the timeout. Lowery apparently took exception and tried going after someone, presumably Spencer. Didn’t see enough to know why Samson got teed up.

Reaction Score
I have a strong suspicion at least one of the two will be running a program before DH leaves here.

Both have been looking. Wouldn't be surprised if they both left this off-season. Will probably depend on what opens up in their recruiting territory.

Reaction Score
Both have been looking. Wouldn't be surprised if they both left this off-season. Will probably depend on what opens up in their recruiting territory.
Have heard Kimani is having trouble because of his past.

Reaction Score
Have heard Kimani is having trouble because of his past.
I can't believe in 2024 that anyone can seriously be aggrieved by his past. Sure it makes all of us here happy to continue to see him here given the incredible job he's done but I think we all want to see him continue to grow and succeed and that's such a lame cop out for ADs to get up and arms about stuff that happened so long ago involving a substance that is now mostly legal.

Reaction Score
Castle and AK combined 3 baskets in blowing out the number 4 team in the Nation.
This stat alone confirms this was not our A game. How scary is that?
One of the things that makes this team so good is that you can’t stop us on offense by taking one, or even two, players out of the game. We have too many who can pick up the load and replace their points.

Oh, and you’re also going to have to be able to score against us. Good luck with that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Come on man. You know the answer to this lmao
To be fair, I kind of thought Kolek was an balloon knot when I watched him in 6th grade. When a cocky 6th grader destroys a bunch of 8th graders, and acts like it was easy, that's the impression he gives off.

I don't know about Colin, but Cam and Tyler are usually the worst athletes on the court. So they are kicking your ass with their brains. Then they let you know, often. I think that really bothers some people. There's no slow gear for guys like that, because I imagine they think, "you're faster, taller and can jump better than me, so do something about me kicking your butt".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't believe in 2024 that anyone can seriously be aggrieved by his past. Sure it makes all of us here happy to continue to see him here given the incredible job he's done but I think we all want to see him continue to grow and succeed and that's such a lame cop out for ADs to get up and arms about stuff that happened so long ago involving a substance that is now mostly legal.
The one person I know in the coaching world didn't have kind things to say about him. Somebody will give him a shot, but it's personality as much as past from what I understand.

Reaction Score
“The only matchup of the day between top-five opponents wound up being one of the biggest snoozers of the weekend. No. 1 UConn stuffed No. 4 Marquette in a locker and threw away the keys early in what amounted to a 40-minute celebration for Huskies fans. UConn won 81-53, which marked the largest margin of victory ever in a top-five conference matchup since the beginning of the AP Top 25 poll (which, by the way, celebrated its 75th anniversary earlier this year). Woof. It wasn't even a bad loss for Marquette. It was just an old-fashioned butt whooping from UConn. There is no doubt about where the best team in college basketball resides: it is in Storrs, Connecticut. -- Kyle Boone”

Reaction Score
im really excited to see uconn play some actual teams in the tournament instead of the bums they are forced to play. the 30 point blowouts are boring, by the time i check the score there's no point in watching.
Hey congrats on beating directional FL team by 2 points tonight. Massive accomplishment by an also ran in a middling conference.

I wonder which game will get more National attention??!!??!

Reaction Score
im really excited to see uconn play some actual teams in the tournament instead of the bums they are forced to play. the 30 point blowouts are boring, by the time i check the score there's no point in watching.
Go beat Xavier then come back and see us

Reaction Score
Very happy about the big win. If there is anything to be concerned about it's keeping these guys level headed.

A win like this can make them overconfident. There's still a lot of basketball left to play.

They need to stay hungry. I think Hurley will keep them focused
Cam Spencer and the 5 frosh have not won an NCAA Championship, nobody on the team has a Big East regular or tourney Crown. They are hungry!!

Reaction Score
Clingans dunk and camera point is iconic. Its up there with Donyells dunk and shout. Could someone please clip that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Mr. XL has a question for you;

How do you like me now? The team was awesome. The coaching was awesome and the fans were awesome

That was fun

PS: Both buildings have a purpose

Reaction Score
This team is leaning into the villain role and I’m here for it. This freaking psychopath (said with love of course), Newton’s trash talk, and Hurley on the sidelines….
Sweep the leg

1708247336584.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom