Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
im really excited to see uconn play some actual teams in the tournament instead of the bums they are forced to play. the 30 point blowouts are boring, by the time i check the score there's no point in watching.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Lets Go Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

looks like he's having a stroke.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I dont usually check other teams boards but i took a look. Most comments stated the obvious that Uconn is the best team end of story. But i found this little nugget and got a good laugh as this person clearly does not watch any of our games and the last one is comedy gold.

"Newton is no PG. He made some 3s today but those wont go under pressure."

"Spencer will get bottled up by a lengthy defender."

"Clingan is good, but he’s a bit slow and won’t be enough."

"I don’t think this UConn version makes the FF because of their offense"
Clearly a high level scout with incredible basketball knowledge. We can -it together a five minute clip on big shots Newton has made in the 1.5 years he has played for us. Logo threes and one’s the guy is just an incredible stat sheet stuffer. He may be the best rebounding point guard that we have had. If he gets his hands on the ball game over. His strength is underrated.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dan's father was offered college HC jobs numerous times (decades ago) and turned them all down. He said that he wasn't opposed to the idea of coaching in college, just that the places that offered didn't seem like a good fit.

Dan and of at least equal importance, his better half, have spent their entire lives in the northeast. I imaginie that it would take quite a bit for us to lose him. Yes, he may one day decide to see if he can succeed at the highest level (NBA), but for that to happen, the team willing to take a chance on him will have to be one that is not in a position to fail. Teams that check the latter box seldom look to college coaches to fill vacancies.

We will need to accept however that the day he leaves us may be far earlier than we would like. My hope is that when that happens, Kimani or Luke will be in position to leave their (at that point) head coaching position to take over here.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
im really excited to see uconn play some actual teams in the tournament instead of the bums they are forced to play. the 30 point blowouts are boring, by the time i check the score there's no point in watching.
If you'd have watched you'd have seen many good, open, well-shot 3s that didn't go down. And several miscommunications on feeds for lobs & down-the-open-lane dunks that never hotshot. Somewhere between 10-20 additional points could have been on the board .

Reaction Score
Clearly a high level scout with incredible basketball knowledge. We can -it together a five minute clip on big shots Newton has made in the 1.5 years he has played for us. Logo threes and one’s the guy is just an incredible stat sheet stuffer. He may be the best rebounding point guard that we have had. If he gets his hands on the ball game over. His strength is underrated.
And another of their commenters had this to say (in agreeing with someone else that "Edey is WAY better than Kligan [sic]".)

"I don’t think Clingan brings much to the table except size. He looks like he has trouble running."

First time those folks ever watch a UConn game, maybe?

Reaction Score
I dont usually check other teams boards but i took a look. Most comments stated the obvious that Uconn is the best team end of story. But i found this little nugget and got a good laugh as this person clearly does not watch any of our games and the last one is comedy gold.

"Newton is no PG. He made some 3s today but those wont go under pressure."

"Spencer will get bottled up by a lengthy defender."

"Clingan is good, but he’s a bit slow and won’t be enough."

"I don’t think this UConn version makes the FF because of their offense"
Because of our offense?

lol we have the #3 offense and two 50/40/90 guys, and that doesn't include Newton and Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom