Marquette over Baylor | The Boneyard

Marquette over Baylor

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Certainly helps our SOS…BE is going to be a dog fight

Reaction Score
Just a reminder that we shouldn't expect to walk thru the big east and on any night we may also get an opponents' A game.
I’m not worried but pretty realistic about the BE wars coming up. As good a roster as we have we’re going to be losing games. Just hope the board doesn’t lose it’s mind, remember, this is about what we build up to in March. BTW, where is Maker’s Muppet?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
When we blow out Marquette that means we beat Baylor and are national champions right? Right?!!!

Reaction Score
I’m not worried but pretty realistic about the BE wars coming up. As good a roster as we have we’re going to be losing games. Just hope the board doesn’t lose it’s mind, remember, this is about what we build up to in March. BTW, where is Maker’s Muppet?
Yes, exactly this. I think a really outstanding big east conference record for us would be 16-4. That would still give us a record of (potentially) 27-4 going into the big east tournament, which should still be worthy of a 1 or 2 seed.

Also, Marquette might actually be really good. This could be a battle this year between them, Creighton, and possibly even Xavier and St John’s.

Reaction Score
A reminder that no D-1 team has gone undefeated since Bobby Knight's Indiana squad of 1975-76. The road games at Creighton, Xavier and Marquette, to name three, could certainly end up as losses even with UConn turning in solid performances. These teams would not have to "expose" UConn weaknesses. They would merely have to show up with their "A" game on a night when UConn shoes up with its "B+" game.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder that we shouldn't expect to walk thru the big east and on any night we may also get an opponents' A game.
Our defense will (should) keep us in every single game we play. We might have a bad offensive night here and there, but we have a top 10 defense in the country according to every metric site out there. It's gonna be tough for opponents to score more than 70 points on us

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's not set ourselves up to expect 16+ win conference season and a 1 seed. It's not fair to yourself as a fan and these players. There are gonna be hiccups and setbacks.
Depends on how many hiccups and setbacks - could be only 2 or 3.................
That would still get them a top 3 seed

Reaction Score
Yes, exactly this. I think a really outstanding big east conference record for us would be 16-4. That would still give us a record of (potentially) 27-4 going into the big east tournament, which should still be worthy of a 1 or 2 seed.

Also, Marquette might actually be really good. This could be a battle this year between them, Creighton, and possibly even Xavier and St John’s.
15-5 and 25-6 going into the BET is a realistic projection at this point (with only 3 games -- albeit very impressive ones -- against legitimate competition under our belt).

Last year's #2 seeds had records of 28-6, 26-7, 27-5, and 26-7, while #3 seeds had records of 25-9, 26-7, 24-7, and 27-7 (of course, different strength of schedule, etc.).

An overall 27-7 ish record would be worthy of a #2/3 seed.

Reaction Score
Huge win for Marquette and the Big East.

Meanwhile, the ACC is still mired in 6th place among conferences per KenPom. The rating actually moved up from 10.99.

1669823617108.png

Reaction Score
When we blow out Marquette that means we beat Baylor and are national champions right? Right?!!!
Absolutely and I have replicas of the trophy signed by all members of the team available to you for special pre-season pricing: Only $249.95 plus $20 S&H.
You can DM your Paypal or Crypto payments in the next 24 hours to assure you get one of these "once (fifth) in a lifetime" mementos of yet another NC.

Reaction Score
We`re Uconn. Teams always try to bring their A game. Beating us carries weight.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Absolutely and I have replicas of the trophy signed by all members of the team available to you for special pre-season pricing: Only $249.95 plus $20 S&H.
You can DM your Paypal or Crypto payments in the next 24 hours to assure you get one of these "once (fifth) in a lifetime" mementos of yet another NC.
Ok but If I doesn’t pay homage to the civil conflict I’m writing a bad review

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom