OT: - Marquette incoming transfer D.J. Carton immediately eligible | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Marquette incoming transfer D.J. Carton immediately eligible

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn is even trying to get eligibility for Martin or the plan is to sit out one like R.J. ?? Would be interesting if we tried as to the answer as we see so many others being granted eligibility.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn is even trying to get eligibility for Martin or the plan is to sit out one like R.J. ?? Would be interesting if we tried as to the answer as we see so many others being granted eligibility.

Read the plan is to sit one out. They are well stocked at his spot. And next year, Bouk will be gone.

Reaction Score
Read the plan is to sit one out. They are well stocked at his spot. And next year, Bouk will be gone.
Where did you see that? I've read just the opposite. All of these are from June 3 when Hurley spoke to the media. Haven't seen any updates since then.

Meanwhile, the team is still waiting to hear if URI transfer Tyrese Martin will receive a transfer waiver to play this upcoming season. He committed to UConn back on April 7.

“That’s something we’re exploring, no update on that,” Hurley said on the possible transfer waiver. “I do think that Tyrese is a different situation than RJ, who was really looking for that year to build up his body and to use that redshirt year.”

There are no updates on whether transfer Tyrese Martin, a 6-foot-6 guard who played two seasons at Rhode Island, will seek an eligibility waiver to play next season. But it appears that will be the case.

“I do think that Tyrese is a different situation than R.J. Cole, who was really looking for that year to build up his body and use that redshirt year,” Hurley said. “I think they are two different situations, where Tyrese would like to pursue it.”

Now that the NCAA has tabled any move to change the transfer rules, at least until next year, Tyrese Martin, who transferred from Rhode Island, would have to sit out the season, unless he can obtain a waiver.

“That’s something we’re exploring right now,” Hurley said. “I have no update. I do think Tyrese is a different situation than R.J. [Cole], who was really looking for that year to build up his body and use that redshirt year. They are two different situations.”

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Where did you see that? I've read just the opposite. All of these are from June 3 when Hurley spoke to the media. Haven't seen any updates since then.

Meanwhile, the team is still waiting to hear if URI transfer Tyrese Martin will receive a transfer waiver to play this upcoming season. He committed to UConn back on April 7.

“That’s something we’re exploring, no update on that,” Hurley said on the possible transfer waiver. “I do think that Tyrese is a different situation than RJ, who was really looking for that year to build up his body and to use that redshirt year.”

There are no updates on whether transfer Tyrese Martin, a 6-foot-6 guard who played two seasons at Rhode Island, will seek an eligibility waiver to play next season. But it appears that will be the case.

“I do think that Tyrese is a different situation than R.J. Cole, who was really looking for that year to build up his body and use that redshirt year,” Hurley said. “I think they are two different situations, where Tyrese would like to pursue it.”

Now that the NCAA has tabled any move to change the transfer rules, at least until next year, Tyrese Martin, who transferred from Rhode Island, would have to sit out the season, unless he can obtain a waiver.

“That’s something we’re exploring right now,” Hurley said. “I have no update. I do think Tyrese is a different situation than R.J. [Cole], who was really looking for that year to build up his body and use that redshirt year. They are two different situations.”

Dang it was a while back Hooper. I'm always capable or misremembering tho, and could have mixed him up with RJ in my head for sure.

You've got the goods right there so I'll defer to that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom