Marquette beats Texas by the same margin (7) | The Boneyard

Marquette beats Texas by the same margin (7)

Reaction Score
Vic is having fun in the Bahamas.

#22 Nebraska lost to Drake by 18 (Drake took Iowa to OT)

No need for a poll until December. Pure speculation = Foolish nonsense.

Reaction Score
Based on the boxscore , an ugly foul plagued game. TX with 28 fouls

It also does not help when your guards shot a combined 11-42 from the field and their 2 bigs (Jones and Moore) did not seem to have handled a smaller Marquette team.

Reaction Score
Down goes another one. # 6 Louisville loses to Gonzaga 79-67 in OT. Paradise Island beating down two top 10 teams today.

Reaction Score
I watched the consolation game Louisville - Texas, and I got a clearer view of what Vic is aiming at. I think he’s trying to shift from a defense-focused team to something more balanced. Without Harmon it looks pretty ragged right now. But he’s got more scorers than I realized.

Jones is a very good low post scorer, but so is Moore, and she can also play facing the basket. Louisville weren’t really able to defend them. Muhammad and Mwenentanda are also good scorers, as is Holle.

The problem for Vic is Gonzalez and Morris aren’t quite skilled enough to run the point, and they are defensive liabilities. As a result, Texas is really vulnerable to opposing guards. With Harmon back, they’d be able to contribute at sg much better than they can now, and Vic could platoon them to minimize their defensive weakness.

I think we can look forward to seeing a quite different Texas once Harmon is back, a team that will score in the 80s.

A side note: at one point Vic used Muhammad to guard Van Lith, and she looked pretty good doing it. At 6’4”, she has the quickness and some of the skills of Laeticia Amihere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom