2020 Recruiting: - Mark Carbone | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Mark Carbone

Reaction Score
Transferring out of UNH, and went to U San Diego before that. He's a CT kid, I played against him in high school when he was at East Catholic. (I also played beach volleyball with his family last summer in Rhode Island lol)

Averaged 6.7 ppg and 2.2 rpg this past year. I don't think he is good enough for a scholarship spot but I wonder if Hurley could use that East Catholic connection to pitch him a walk-on role as a backup ball handler. He is close with CV as well so maybe CV can talk him into it. Getting him as a 5th ball handler would make it easier to go after a guy like Nolley without fear of having too few ball handlers on the roster. (His family can afford paying instate tuition.)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Happened to see him play against UCLA when he was at San Diego. Nothing special or need filling in UConn terms. He’s bouncing around programs. I paid some attention to him because I saw he was from Wethersfield and I wondered if he was from the Hartford Carbone restaurant family.

Reaction Score
Happened to see him play against UCLA when he was at San Diego. Nothing special or need filling in UConn terms. He’s bouncing around programs. I paid some attention to him because I saw he was from Wethersfield and I wondered if he was from the Hartford Carbone restaurant family.
I agree, he doesn't fill any need for us. The only reason I made the post was bc he could be an interesting walk-on candidate

Reaction Score
As walk-ons?
Too talented to be a walk-on. He's good enough to earn a scholarship at another low D1 school.

No matter the D1 school, if you average 18.6 mpg and shoot over 40% from 3, you can get a scholarship somewhere else.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom