Maria Marino is leaving SNY, UConn broadcasts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maria Marino is leaving SNY, UConn broadcasts

sun

Reaction Score
Maria was able to get Geno to try to act witty & humorous.
Not every interviewer is able to get Geno to be entertaining on demand.
If interviewing Geno were anything like being a good photographer, then she was able to capture some very good photos of him.
I suspect that she's tired of traveling on the road covering the Huskies, and probably wants a more stable lifestyle.

Reaction Score
The SNY reporters come and go on a regular basis, which is normal for that business. They are all young and looking to stepping up into bigger markets, more responsibility and bigger paychecks. Maria was pleasant and competent but a bit bland for my taste. I liked Burke better.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have liked all three of the sideline reporters that SNY has had Kerith, Justine, and Maria. All three had different deliveries but are/were informative and entertaining. I remember that Justine seemed to have some very ardent fans, one of them if I remember correctly went too far with his "Like" for her and was eventually banned. I wish Maria good luck with her next endeavor's whatever they maybe and thanks for the memories.

Reaction Score
Her cadence was off and she was absolutely monotone on most occasions. I always felt that Geno was annoyed by her questions because they were so remedial and obvious. Give me someone who shows emotion like Holly Rowe any day of the week.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I swear, this is the toughest group of media critics that I've ever seen! You guys don't appear to like anyone, lol
Well....as they say

Those that can play, play
Those that can't play, coach
Those that can't coach, become announcers
Those that can't announce, become sideline reporters.

And those who can't do any of those things are stuck being fans
And those fans who have no lives......end up on message boards. :cool:

Reaction Score
Her cadence was off and she was absolutely monotone on most occasions. I always felt that Geno was annoyed by her questions because they were so remedial and obvious. Give me someone who shows emotion like Holly Rowe any day of the week.
Actually get rid of all the sideline side shows. They serve no real purpose. If you must encroach on the team during the games, I think the way SNY has transitioned Geno's halftime thing is perfect.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I think SNY should go in a different direction. I nominate Tony C for the job. Can you imagine Tony standing behind the UCONN bench during time outs and reporting on Genos choice vocabulary. Now that is someone who will light up the UCONN/Boneyard faithful.

Reaction Score
All the best to her - I liked her soft, friendly, approach to things - she let her interviewees talk easily which was a direct result of her style.
Exactlly! I guess there must be something about me liking friendly people.!

Reaction Score
I thought she was pleasant enough; it's unfair to compare other sideline reporters to Holly Rowe. It's like comparing other analysts to Doris Burke (Rebecca Lobo is the only one close).

I think Maria got married recently so that might have something to do with wanting to travel less.

Reaction Score
Actually get rid of all the sideline side shows. They serve no real purpose. If you must encroach on the team during the games, I think the way SNY has transitioned Geno's halftime thing is perfect.
I appreciated Maria's reports on what was said in the huddle during timeouts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not every interviewer is able to get Geno to be entertaining on demand.
I don’t know… That’s kind of his thing.

Reaction Score
Yes, both of these ladies were very good. To me, Maria seemed to labor when giving us a report. I don't know if you know what I mean, but she was not very smooth in her delivery. Still, she was our reporter for SNY and I wish her luck in her new endeavor.
I agree...always seemed to breathe at the wrong time, or at least it seemed as though she hesitated while speaking. Monotone, as someone else said. The word timid comes to mind. Seems like a sweet girl..almost too much so for broadcasting. Jistine was made for the job, a natural. Maybe well have a dapper young man next! Hehehe..

Reaction Score
Surprised Maria going to the Action Network. Wish her the best but not sure if this is the type of network that would help her career.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree...always seemed to breathe at the wrong time, or at least it seemed as though she hesitated while speaking. Monotone, as someone else said. The word timid comes to mind. Seems like a sweet girl..almost too much so for broadcasting. Jistine was made for the job, a natural. Maybe well have a dapper young man next! Hehehe..
She breathes wrong?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom