Maria Marino is leaving SNY, UConn broadcasts | The Boneyard

Maria Marino is leaving SNY, UConn broadcasts

PvP

Reaction Score
I have to say I have found her questions insipid and obvious. Nothing personal, but her predecessor on SNY, whose name I can't recall, was a exemplar of what a sports reporter ought to be -- cutting to the chase and asking hard questions as opposed to "hey, Geno, Lou really carried the team tonite with 45 points, were you pleased with her play?"

Reaction Score
I have to say I have found her questions insipid and obvious. Nothing personal, but her predecessor on SNY, whose name I can't recall, was a exemplar of what a sports reporter ought to be -- cutting to the chase and asking hard questions as opposed to "hey, Geno, Lou really carried the team tonite with 45 points, were you pleased with her play?"
If you have nothing nice to say ………..

Reaction Score
I suppose one’s evaluation of Maria’s style and performance might have to wait until we can see who replaces her.
She isn’t exactly cutting edge or provocative, but that’s not what she was hired to be.
Maybe she wants to take on a more challenging and/or involved role.
Wish her good luck in her next endeavor

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I have to say I have found her questions insipid and obvious. Nothing personal, but her predecessor on SNY, whose name I can't recall, was a exemplar of what a sports reporter ought to be -- cutting to the chase and asking hard questions as opposed to "hey, Geno, Lou really carried the team tonite with 45 points, were you pleased with her play?" A step down from Kerith Burke.

A step down from Kerith Burke.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Justine Ward, the blonde ND grad, was Maria's immediate predecessor. Kerith came before Justine.
Yes, both of these ladies were very good. To me, Maria seemed to labor when giving us a report. I don't know if you know what I mean, but she was not very smooth in her delivery. Still, she was our reporter for SNY and I wish her luck in her new endeavor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to say I have found her questions insipid and obvious
Aos GIF

Maria did have a weird staccato delivery, but she was fine. I wish her well.

Reaction Score
She had some annoying speech habits -- odd for someone pursuing a career involving speaking -- but she was direct and didn't hesitate to ask a blunt question. I wish her well -- and maybe get some voice coaching.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I live in the south so I don't get to see too much of her live but I thought she did a good job. She obviously enjoyed covering UCONN and my perception of her was she had a very pleasant personality.
In her profession, this position is merely a "stepping stone" on her path to her ultimate goal, whatever it is. I too wish her all the best going forward in achieving her ultimate goal in the business. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom