Makurat to transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A lovely and bittersweet saying for times like this:

La vida nos da sorpresas, sorpresas nos da la vida. Not easily rendered into the more rigid syntax of English, but "Life gives us surprises" can suffice for the gist.

Anna, you've got fans for life. Sad to see you leave, but more than that, appreciative for what you brought to us.

Reaction Score
My guess is this is related to her sister transferring. Particularly this year I can see folks (especially those so far from home) wanting to spend their time with family/close friends, so I bet they end up together.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sad to hear, since she was my favorite player. I’m sure the injury setback made this season a difficult one for her. She’ll be a great addition on and off the court to whichever program she joins. Thankfully we have some players with similar skill sets on the way to storrs.

Reaction Score
That does not make sense. When Anna was healthy her and Evina were both starters playing COMPLETELY NON-OVERLAPPING positions. You really need to get a better grip on the positions these players play before you continue to erroneously talk about things like minutes per game being played.

It makes perfect sense. You don't have to directly compete in the same position for your minutes to be affected by another player. You're making the assumption that there is only 1 lineup style, that everything is like for like. But you could have a lineup with 4 guards and 1 big where Evina is one of the 4 guards or you can have 2 bigs line up where Evina is replaced by Edwards or Ono. Either of those lineups could have Makurat with or without Evina, but there would be far fewer minutes of either instances of those lineups without Evina.

For example, minus Westbrook, a player like Ducharme could play an extra 10 minutes that would otherwise go to Westbrook. Say a lineup like Paige-Azzi-Westbrook-Edwards-ONO could turn into Paige-Azzi-Ducharme-Edwards-ONO. Now Ducharme is competing for 10 minutes with Makurat that she otherwise wouldn't have competed with Makurat for.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not surprising especially with Azzi Fudd and Carolyn Ducharme joining the team. Anna is a good player but she's not the ball handler she needs to be. She would have gotten more minutes in the Baylor and Arizona game if she was a good ball handler and was agressive

Reaction Score
You’re really stuck on this set-in-stone schedule for minutes per game, huh?
Impossible to factor in illness, injuries, fouls, practice habits,PHANTOM FOULS, etc.
Projecting minutes per game for teams that haven’t even been in the same room together is pointless. JMHO

Reaction Score
Anna Mak-I’m really going to miss you.
I also hope you land on a team where you will Shine! I believe she will shine and remain besties with all the gals! They have a true “sisterhood” bond forever. Here’s to Anna Mak! Miss you already.

Reaction Score
NO SPECULATION on future transfers. This is a bannable offense - I’ve said it a million times
Who are you talking about? To say what you did without context neither helps the offending party nor the rest of us who are trying to work within the rules. This thread is talking about a transfer, so I can see how easy it can be to stray away and talk about other UConn players. Thanks.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Who are you talking about? To say what you did without context neither helps the offending party nor the rest of us who are trying to work within the rules. This thread is talking about a transfer, so I can see how easy it can be to stray away and talk about other UConn players. Thanks.
Two posters alluded to the potential transfer of a current Husky other than Anna on this thread. I’m certain that is who Nan was referencing.

Reaction Score
Two posters alluded to the potential transfer of a current Husky other than Anna on this thread. I’m certain that is who Nan was referencing.
Okay, I was just hoping to see the kind of post that would offend this rule for context. I am sure what may seem innocent to one is over the line for another. Trying to keep my BY card intact! :)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It means that the mpg situation remains tight. I would guess:

Paige 30
Azzi 20
Evina 20
ONO 20
Edwards 25
DeBerry 15
Cristyn 25
Muhl 20
Poffernbarger 8
Ducharme 8

Total minutes for the top 10: 191
MPG remaining: 9
Total MPG Available: 200

It means that even if Saylor and Ducharme get just 8 mpg each, McLean, Griffin, and Gabriel would only be able to split a total of 9 mpg between them. Or else, one of the freshmen would have to give up minutes.

Still a difficult situation for the coaching staff to manage with 13 scholarship athletes.

Pure speculation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It makes perfect sense. You don't have to directly compete in the same position for your minutes to be affected by another player. You're making the assumption that there is only 1 lineup style, that everything is like for like. But you could have a lineup with 4 guards and 1 big where Evina is one of the 4 guards or you can have 2 bigs line up where Evina is replaced by Edwards or Ono. Either of those lineups could have Makurat with or without Evina, but there would be far fewer minutes of either instances of those lineups without Evina.

For example, minus Westbrook, a player like Ducharme could play an extra 10 minutes that would otherwise go to Westbrook. Say a lineup like Paige-Azzi-Westbrook-Edwards-ONO could turn into Paige-Azzi-Ducharme-Edwards-ONO. Now Ducharme is competing for 10 minutes with Makurat that she otherwise wouldn't have competed with Makurat for.
I'm not assuming anything. This was a statement of fact : When Anna was health she was a starter alongside Evina.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Sad to see this (as I was for most every transfer out) but I know she was appreciated by the coaches and her teammates as was demonstrated by her getting some quality minutes during the Tournament. I am guessing that Geno was still relying on her to provide some offense. And Paige certainly enjoyed "that 3"...

Reaction Score
Sad to see her go, I’d be honestly sad if anyone left. This team has such a great family bond. However I do think it’s in the best interest in both parties. Opens up another spot on the roster to either bring someone in from portal or another later recruit. Good luck Anna!

Reaction Score
Anna, finished her UCONN career with 72 made 3 point baskets. This places her #31 on the all time career 3 point made baskets. Remember, she made 59 3 point baskets her freshman year, which would have placed her second to Paige (64) on this years team. Her injury really hurt both her and the team, as once she was injured, we never had a any type of 3 point shooter coming off the bench. If Saylor had came in at the beginning of the season, she may have been able to fill that roll. But, you can't expect a freshman to come in at the middle of the season and realistically make a contribution. As I said earlier, will miss Anna, loved her hustle and smile.

Reaction Score
Okay, I was just hoping to see the kind of post that would offend this rule for context. I am sure what may seem innocent to one is over the line for another. Trying to keep my BY card intact! :)
All the rules are and have been at the top of the page

Reaction Score
As someone who is half Polish I was one of Anna's biggest fans. My mom loved Yaz and Charles Bronson and any other Polish celeb. She became a huge Red Sox fan because of Yaz. She would have loved Anna and would have been a huge UConn fan.

But I would have been more surprised if I heard Anna was not transferring rather than hearing that she is. Anna is doing what's best for her, as she should.

I wish Anna all the luck in the world. She will make some program instantly better the moment she steps onto their court.

Reaction Score
Petula Clark?
Clark Kent ..

1617728710199.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads