Makenzie Robertson quote | The Boneyard

Makenzie Robertson quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I am getting quite a bit of twitter feeds/updates from our cross state friends at Western Kentucky University. You all likely know the head coach there is a former Walz assistant, Michelle Clark-Heard.
This tweet was in a subsequent line of tweets re: Mulkey's suspension in the first round.
Todays quote, by way of a Bowling Green reporter, was too good to pass up. Enjoy!

1e8d418315a7cd1cd0845886f19244d8_normal.jpeg
Zach Greenwell (@zach_greenwell)
3/21/14, 3:04 PM
How is Baylor assistant Bill Brock different than Mulkey? Says senior Makenzie Robertson, Mulkey's daughter: "He's not as crazy."

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Sometimes the somewhat misogynistic flavor of the comments surrounding Mulkey and McGraw kinda get to me. I can't imagine talking about men in this way, their shirts, their ties, they are "looking old," like a grandmother, you name it. I suppose it's OK if that's how you want it to be, but on a WCBB chat group it seems especially, I dunno, too bad. All coaches get old; all have to chose something to wear, and women don't have uniformed looks, and so can appear flighty in their mode of dress.

Don't mean to be critical, and I love you guys, and I'm probably wrong...just sayin...

Reaction Score
I don't generally comment on attire but mulkeys wardrobe begs for it! And I m equal opportunity as I often talk about vomiting upon sight of those sweaters that the male Duke asst wears.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Nah, I think to a pretty fair extent, you're right: women coaches get more comment on their appearance than male coaches do, and, I'm one of the worst offenders. It's not entirely one-sided: Jeff Walz gets comments about his shirts, Mitchell and Landers about their hair, but, it is skewed towards female coaches. Having said that, I do think there is a larger emphasis and greater variety when it comes to clothing, make-up, shoes, etc. on the distaff side of the aisle. And, some female coaches seem to make pretty loud statements by their choice of attire, KM nearly foremost. It's not quite the inherent contradiction I find in a young person who wears dramatic outfits, has tats, piercings, etc., and then complains that "you're judging me on my appearance!" - but, it's in the same ballpark. Male or female, if you dress to be eye-catching.., well, yer gonna catch eyes.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
We talk about Walz's wardrobe all the time!

And while I agree that it's a little unfair to talk about women's wardrobes and their age, what Mulkey wears would be the equivalent of Geno wearing...I don't know, a leather jacket to coach in. You can bet we'd make fun of that too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sometimes the somewhat misogynistic flavor of the comments surrounding Mulkey and McGraw kinda get to me. I can't imagine talking about men in this way, their shirts, their ties, they are "looking old," like a grandmother, you name it. I suppose it's OK if that's how you want it to be, but on a WCBB chat group it seems especially, I dunno, too bad. All coaches get old; all have to chose something to wear, and women don't have uniformed looks, and so can appear flighty in their mode of dress.

In general, it's not a female thing at all. The men's board crushes coaches for the way they look. Things like:

Coach K is 'ratface'
Pitino looks like 'the emporer' from Star Wars and wears the stupidest suits in existence.
Manhattan's coach used to wear mafia suits.
Gary Williams is 'Ol Sweaty' (due to his propensity to perspire).
Heck, with Martelli the other day, there was multiple threads on who he looks like (most unflattering).

And it goes on and on.

The women's board is positively tame in comparison. Mulkey is crazy (I kinda like her shtick) and wears ridiculous outfits. She looks like a parrot half the time. Muffett is insufferable and she's treated accordingly.

Tara VanDerveer catches very little slack on this board. Pat caught a ton....because she's Pat.

Women's coaches are talked about more for the simple reason that there is more of them (just a guess - I don't know the actual percentage).

And finally, southern women's dress sense is in direct conflict to pretty much everything you see in the north east.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nah, I think to a pretty fair extent, you're right: women coaches get more comment on their appearance than male coaches do, and, I'm one of the worst offenders. It's not entirely one-sided: Jeff Walz gets comments about his shirts, Mitchell and Landers about their hair, but, it is skewed towards female coaches. Having said that, I do think there is a larger emphasis and greater variety when it comes to clothing, make-up, shoes, etc. on the distaff side of the aisle. And, some female coaches seem to make pretty loud statements by their choice of attire, KM nearly foremost. It's not quite the inherent contradiction I find in a young person who wears dramatic outfits, has tats, piercings, etc., and then complains that "you're judging me on my appearance!" - but, it's in the same ballpark. Male or female, if you dress to be eye-catching.., well, yer gonna catch eyes.

There's also simply more female coaches.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have never commented on the huge bags that Geno has under his eyes. But, unlike a female, he doesn' t get to wear makeup to cover them up. And I would never comment on the fact that CD hasn't had a hair update in at least 15 years. Good lord, introduce her to a decent hair sytlist. I think the football team needs the helmet back.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Niele Ivey gets talked about as well... so does Marissa, Peck gets a few mentions... how about the Diva, Morgan Tuck!

Reaction Score
If you are going to talk about WCBB coaches clothes You must talk about CD. She is the best dressed coach (man or woman) in WCBB. Her outfits and accessories (Nordstroms) are elegant.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you are going to talk about WCBB coaches clothes You must talk about CD. She is the best dressed coach (man or woman) in WCBB. Her outfits and accessories (Nordstroms) are elegant.

CD has absolutely nothing on Bob Huggins.

hi-res-141397225_crop_north.jpg

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Don't mean to be critical, and I love you guys, and I'm probably wrong...just sayin...
Phil Sims to Bill Parcells at the end of the portal waiting to enter Washington's RFK Football Stadium-" They really hate us here"-Parcells-"they hate us so much - they Love us"!
Like watching the Requiem of The Big East on ESPN 30-30, their are less new personalities coming in it seams, I miss the passion with which I used to despise, Jim Boheim/Syr, Big John/ G Town, Pat /Tenn( I still despise Tenn)- I enjoy Mulkey, Muppet & the few personalities that are left- including and especially Geno!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom