Mailbag: UConn's 2025 recruiting | The Boneyard

Mailbag: UConn's 2025 recruiting

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Jake knows anything more than the Yard. I think he might know less about UConn's recruiting. But figured I'd post if there's some validity to it. There was an article on Joson Sanon the other day and he didn't mention UConn at all.

I think after missing out on Ngongba, Flagg, and Betsey, and signing Abraham and Nowell for 2024, UConn will move its focus onto the 2025 class where they already have some early momentum on guys. The staff has done an excellent job of getting in on the 2025 guys early. I don’t expect UConn to be one of those schools that just offers every guy they see, more so one of those schools that recruits solely based on fit.

Two guys I think they have good momentum with early are Meleek Thomas and Joson Sanon. Thomas was the first 2025 prospect to land an offer from Hurley and his staff and they’ve remained active in his recruitment ever since.

Thomas is a 6-foot-4 guard from Pennsylvania who won a state championship last season and was one of the most electrifying players in the Nike EYBL circuit.

Sanon was offered by UConn in April and Kimani Young has remained active in recruiting Sanon, along with the rest of the staff. I believe that these two guys will continue to draw a lot of attention from UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Jake knows anything more than the Yard. I think he might know less about UConn's recruiting. But figured I'd post if there's some validity to it. There was an article on Joson Sanon the other day and he didn't mention UConn at all.

I think after missing out on Ngongba, Flagg, and Betsey, and signing Abraham and Nowell for 2024, UConn will move its focus onto the 2025 class where they already have some early momentum on guys. The staff has done an excellent job of getting in on the 2025 guys early. I don’t expect UConn to be one of those schools that just offers every guy they see, more so one of those schools that recruits solely based on fit.

Two guys I think they have good momentum with early are Meleek Thomas and Joson Sanon. Thomas was the first 2025 prospect to land an offer from Hurley and his staff and they’ve remained active in his recruitment ever since.

Thomas is a 6-foot-4 guard from Pennsylvania who won a state championship last season and was one of the most electrifying players in the Nike EYBL circuit.

Sanon was offered by UConn in April and Kimani Young has remained active in recruiting Sanon, along with the rest of the staff. I believe that these two guys will continue to draw a lot of attention from UConn.

Joson Sanon? If we actually get him the name misspellings in future Boneyard posts are likely to kill @HooperScooper.

Reaction Score
I already have enough confidence that this staff will continue to land on their feet on the recruiting front. It was like during the JC years, even before much recruiting info was available to the general public, I always knew there was a future uconn legend in the new class somewhere.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to hear all about Jason Sancho.
Until he's on the UConn team I won't care about the spelling. Or maybe I'll just have to accept it if he comes to UConn. Sort of like Apostolos Roumoglou. I won't bust anyone's chops for misspelling his name.

Reaction Score
The transfer portal will be big for us next summer with how many key players we will be losing. Name to keep an eye out for is Malik Mack, a freshman from Harvard that is really making a name for himself and could be looking to go up a level. He was very impressive in our secret scrimmage against Harvard.

Reaction Score
The transfer portal will be big for us next summer with how many key players we will be losing. Name to keep an eye out for is Malik Mack, a freshman from Harvard that is really making a name for himself and could be looking to go up a level. He was very impressive in our secret scrimmage against Harvard.
He’s solid, I watched him torch IU when they played a few weeks ago

Reaction Score
Now I'm ready.

1701837488516.png

Reaction Score
He’s solid, I watched him torch IU when they played a few weeks ago

He's more than solid, lol. The kid is averaging 20/4/4 on 47% from deep. He might be the most sought after transfer in the country this spring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom