Mad Dog/DH | The Boneyard

Mad Dog/DH

Reaction Score
Driving home today listening to Mad Dog and he’s in Northern Arizona for his kids game tomorrow (for those who don’t know Tim Russo is an assistant at NAU). He’s on a roll about college hoops today and tomorrow so great guests. He had Coach May on from FAU today good interview. Also Jon Rothstein today who said “if UConn is the #1 seed in the east and play 4 games in Brooklyn and Boston combined you can mark them down for Arizona, they’ll be home games “ absolutely doomed!!!!

As an FYI he expects Danny Hurley on while the Huskies are driving down to the Garden tomorrow afternoon. Not sure of the time other than between 3-6. Also Bilas and others will be on tomorrow.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Chris Russo is worse at sports talk radio than Donny Marshall is at being the color commentator on tv. I’d rather punch myself in the face 1 million time than listen to Russo. No one cares about his San Francisco giants or tennis rants. It’s amazing that he became rich riding the coattails of Francesa.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Chris Russo is worse at sports talk radio than Donny Marshall is at being the color commentator on tv. I’d rather punch myself in the face 1 million time than listen to Russo. No one cares about his San Francisco giants or tennis rants. It’s amazing that he became rich riding the coattails of Francesa.
You have not listened to him lately then. He is very good and promoted UConn quite a bit last year and some this year. His national stuff is spot on.

Reaction Score
When he first went on XM i had him on the radio for a ride to Fenway. He was trying use his old wfan style and it wasn't working. It literally went like this "we got Benny in Wyoming on the line and he wants to talk about the Denver Nuggets, Benny what's on your mind there buddy?"

Problem was he knew more about chicken nuggets than the Denver nuggets. Shortly after he fired a bunch of guys who hosted shows on his maddog radio format.

Props to him for making that work this long. It didn't start off great. I haven't listened once since.

Reaction Score

He’s entertaining as hell. I’m not sure it would be as funny as you punching yourself in the face 1M times but I enjoy his 3 hours when I can listen in. You hardly would know he’s a SF Giants fan anymore rarely talks about them, he talks about his golf outings and gambling with Fat Rob than he talks tennis and it’s comical at times. He had Stevie Van Zant on the other day in a great interview on music (Springsteen) and football.

Hurley is a favorite of his and the Husky staff since they helped his son through the interview process to be an assistant. He was pro-Huskies all last year talked about them often during the Feb-April basketball season.

When you say “no one” I think it’s your opinion of him and I respect that, I can’t stand Kimmel, Colbert and Myers in the same manner you don’t like Mad Dog. But he has quite a massive following despite your opinion.

Reaction Score
don’t you ever disrespect the sports talk radio GOAT

Men lie woman lie… but… you know the rest

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Livestream it on Twitter. Prove you aren’t riding the coattails of us all.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He’s entertaining as hell. I’m not sure it would be as funny as you punching yourself in the face 1M times but I enjoy his 3 hours when I can listen in. You hardly would know he’s a SF Giants fan anymore rarely talks about them, he talks about his golf outings and gambling with Fat Rob than he talks tennis and it’s comical at times. He had Stevie Van Zant on the other day in a great interview on music (Springsteen) and football.

Hurley is a favorite of his and the Husky staff since they helped his son through the interview process to be an assistant. He was pro-Huskies all last year talked about them often during the Feb-April basketball season.

When you say “no one” I think it’s your opinion of him and I respect that, I can’t stand Kimmel, Colbert and Myers in the same manner you don’t like Mad Dog. But he has quite a massive following despite your opinion.
That’s fine, I haven’t listened to Russo in years. I found him unbearable to listen to when Francesa wasn’t with him, so I never bothered watching his solo show. His voice doesn’t make my ears feel good so I just don’t bother

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
When he first went on XM i had him on the radio for a ride to Fenway. He was trying use his old wfan style and it wasn't working. It literally went like this "we got Benny in Wyoming on the line and he wants to talk about the Denver Nuggets, Benny what's on your mind there buddy?"

Problem was he knew more about chicken nuggets than the Denver nuggets. Shortly after he fired a bunch of guys who hosted shows on his maddog radio format.

Props to him for making that work this long. It didn't start off great. I haven't listened once since.
Russo always had a lot of energy and enthusiasm but his actual voice hurts my ears. I enjoyed listening to him and Mike yelling at each other and will always be grateful for them persuading the Mets to trade for Piazza.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
You have not listened to him lately then. He is very good and promoted UConn quite a bit last year and some this year. His national stuff is spot on.
I find most sport’s talk guys to be unbearable including Skip, Stephen A, and so on. They mostly try to have dumb takes that stir the pot. I can’t even name one guy who I would want to listen to. Maybe Craig Carton only because he has a lot of comedy in his shows but he’s also an idiot.
Boomer and Carton was probably my all-time favorite sport’s talk show but once they split, I stopped listening to any of them.

Reaction Score
The Dog said it was a great interview with Hurley he mentioned how honest and transparent Dan was. I will go look for it and listen.

Reaction Score
LoL. I like it when he and Stephen A get into a yelling contest. I know its an act but still funny.

Reaction Score
If it weren’t for Craig Carton Chris Russo would be the biggest waste of money relative to talent that ever disgraced the world of sports media

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Mad Dog promoted us last season and a little this season. He and Mike went on air immediately after we won #1 in 99. Mike also did an excellent job interviewing Hurley last year after #5. Kinda hard to hate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom