Lunardi 72nd best bracketologist | The Boneyard

Lunardi 72nd best bracketologist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BracketMatrix has their final numbers up - % of teams picked correctly, % of seeds picked correctly, % of seeds picked correctly +/- 1...

Lunardi was 72nd best of 143 measured (many of which are new). Jerry Palm actually beat ESPN Joe this year, finishing 54th. The FOX guys were 5th.

So, basically, he's exactly average.

In fact, he's one spot behind the blaxploitation version of himself, a man called "The Blacketologist".

Reaction Score
And boy did Joey blast the Selection Committee in a piece on ESPN today. He's apparently not happy that they made him look bad. Or at least mediocre. I suppose if I was a one-trick pony like him employed by a company that is chopping heads to save money I might be a bit worked up after that performance as well.

Reaction Score
I hope next year I do not see one "Lunardi has spoken threads".

He is not the guy to paying attention to when it comes to the end of the year and the bracketologists who are actually good at this provide regular updates.
Boneyard clowns...

Reaction Score
Never forget:
✔‎@ESPNLunardi
Two likely "elimination games" already set: ACC (Pitt-Cuse, Wed., 12n) and American (Cincy-UConn, Fri., 2p).

Haha wow, all 4 got in, didn't they.

In general though, Lunardi does a good job. The difference between the top and bottom bracket in that matrix is not much. They're all pretty similar, and yes, they're all guessing. But their guesses are generally more informed than random Boneyarder.

Reaction Score
He has the last laugh. A paycheck for doing this. Any of you like to trade your job for his, watching hoop day and night and making brackets all season?

Reaction Score
Haha wow, all 4 got in, didn't they.

In general though, Lunardi does a good job. The difference between the top and bottom bracket in that matrix is not much. They're all pretty similar, and yes, they're all guessing. But their guesses are generally more informed than random Boneyarder.
How does he do a good job when he's statistically average every year? He literally does an average job.

Reaction Score
I hope next year I do not see one "Lunardi has spoken threads".

He is not the guy to paying attention to when it comes to the end of the year and the bracketologists who are actually good at this provide regular updates.
Don't worry man, I can guarantee you you won't see one of those threads next year....

I don't know how you have the patience to constantly correct these morons with actual facts on all these different topics. Truly an amazing job by you.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How does he do a good job when he's statistically average every year? He literally does an average job.

To be fair to Joe, he had a really good year last year. But he's only had two well-above-average years out of 11 total.

The whole "science" is basically B.S. For a final bracket in a typical year, Joe Schmo will get 65-66 of the teams just by paying attention. As far as seeding goes, you should get all the top two and bottom 4-5 lines within 1 line. So you're halfway there.

Reaction Score
To be fair to Joe, he had a really good year last year. But he's only had two well-above-average years out of 11 total.

The whole "science" is basically B.S. For a final bracket in a typical year, Joe Schmo will get 65-66 of the teams just by paying attention. As far as seeding goes, you should get all the top two and bottom 4-5 lines within 1 line. So you're halfway there.
He missed some bottom ones bad. To be fair, I blame the committee on a team like Stephen F. Austin being a 14 rather than a 12 like he slotted them or an 11 like they may have deserved...

Reaction Score
He has the last laugh. A paycheck for doing this. Any of you like to trade your job for his, watching hoop day and night and making brackets all season?
When you perform embarrassingly, do you get to keep the job?

Reaction Score
And if you don't believe it @Jerry1714 will remind everyone himself in every single thread on here.
tantrum.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless, you know, when it's your job to do exactly that.

Derp

Yeah except they don't seem to have any discerable consistent criteria.

Since being hired by the Oklahoma AD and now working at Tulsa seems to weigh more than you know... basketball games.

Derp.

Reaction Score
And a wide audience including us idiots here on the Yard. He's got a voice as we certainly have the ears.

Should we count the Lunardi threads the last month or so here?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
And yet he had all of America believing that UConn needed to win Friday for a chance at the tournament despite strong metric.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
BracketMatrix has their final numbers up - % of teams picked correctly, % of seeds picked correctly, % of seeds picked correctly +/- 1...

Lunardi was 72nd best of 143 measured (many of which are new). Jerry Palm actually beat ESPN Joe this year, finishing 54th. The FOX guys were 5th.
Yet, he is the most-posted bracket guy on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom