LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 6 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well baring any other "visits" by Angel Reese :rolleyes: The roster should look like this for next season (13 scholarship players)

Alexis Morris (G)- 6th year senior (she has been in college for a decade it feels like)
Ryan Payne (G)- 5th year senior
Jasmine Carson (G)- 5th year senior
LaDazhia Williams (F)- 5th year senior

Angel Reese (F)- Junior
Hannah Gusters (C)- Junior
Last Tear Poa (G)- Junior
Kateri Poole (G)- Junior
Women can have 15 on scholarships.
Amani Bartlett (F)- Sophomore
Timia Ware (G)- Sophomore

Flaujae Johnson (G)- Freshman
Sa'Myah Smith (F)- Freshman
Alisa Williams (G)- Freshman

Two walks ons: Emily Ward and Izzy Besselman

Reaction Score
Huge huge huge get for Kim Mulkey. I think it's just a few years before LSU is back in the title mix.
In the short term at least this was really important. LSU last year had some great players (Morris/Pointer) but the elite of the elite have a starting 5 of those caliber players. Gotta build that up but this was a major step in the right direction to do that.

Its even more special because she is a Louisiana native.

Reaction Score
I think when you get the #1 player to commit a domino effect of recruits start to follow.

Reaction Score
I think when you get the #1 player to commit a domino effect of recruits start to follow.
Would sound nice. They need a post player. LSU is hosting Angelica Velez, Kylie Marshall and a few other recruits soon. Haven't heard of many post targets outside of Aalayah de Rosario but everyone program in the country is going after her.

I would love to have a shot at Chloe Kitts but rumor has it she likes Louisville.

Reaction Score
Would sound nice. They need a post player. LSU is hosting Angelica Velez, Kylie Marshall and a few other recruits soon. Haven't heard of many post targets outside of Aalayah de Rosario but everyone program in the country is going after her.

I would love to have a shot at Chloe Kitts but rumor has it she likes Louisville.
I could see Kitts landing at Louisville. Say what you will about Walz but he definitely has a brand of recruit — tough, versatile, swagger-checked players. Engstler and Van Lith are the latest in such a series. It’s not as though UofL is some grand destination, either — it’s all the program he’s built.

Reaction Score
I could see Kitts landing at Louisville. Say what you will about Walz but he definitely has a brand of recruit — tough, versatile, swagger-checked players. Engstler and Van Lith are the latest in such a series. It’s not as though UofL is some grand destination, either — it’s all the program he’s built.
Walz has always been a terrific recruiter, but yes he does love those hard-nosed players. I can see her at Louisville. Jeff has Louisville in the mix nationally every year so I always expect they will get very good players. A lot of the chatter has them as her top school but recruiting is so unpredictable.

Kitts is one of my favorite posts in general of 2023, I do like her style of play.

Reaction Score

Yes, a high level post player to go with Williams would allow LSU to start competing at a very high level. ADR would fill that role in the ‘23 class — then, there’s the portal. And Kim can take an unheralded post and “coach her up”. Of course, there’s also the portal. . . . For anybody that likes Cajun cooking.

Yeah, this is a big pick up for Kim. Step one “defend your borders” is accomplished. Step two “ pick up a number one prospect” is accomplished at the same time.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Mikaylah confirms what we already knew that LSU wasn't high on her list before Kim came.

Reaction Score

Mikaylah confirms what we already knew that LSU wasn't high on her list before Kim came.

Yup, she visited the LSU program maybe once in the last 4 years. She visited Baylor, Ole Miss multiple times and a few other schools. She wasn't very fond of the previous staff.

IMO she would have went to Baylor if Kim didn't leave. Kim was really on top of her before her recruitment exploded the last couple years but Ole Miss was there as well (Coach Yo)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Huge huge huge get for Kim Mulkey. I think it's just a few years before LSU is back in the title mix.
Anyone think Williams' goes to LSU if Mulkey was not there? Kim draws that kind of talent. Like Dawn Staley, players want to play for her.

Reaction Score
Anyone think Williams' goes to LSU if Mulkey was not there?
100% not with Nikki, Williams admitted in multiple interviews that LSU was not high on her list under the previous staff. She would have went to either Baylor, Ole Miss or A&M (Joni). Hell, LSU probably doesn't even make her final 5 without the coaching change.

Her finalist list said all that needed to be said. She values family and preferred to play closer to home but Kim had been on her for years before her recruitment even exploded. Feels good to keep a top instate recruit. Louisiana doesn't pump out top talent annually like Texas does so its important to keep them home when they come along but this was a pretty critical recruit for Kim trying to rebuild the program. Best recruit to come out of Louisiana since Seimone.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
100% not with Nikki, Williams admitted in multiple interviews that LSU was not high on her list under the previous staff. She would have went to either Baylor, Ole Miss or A&M (Joni). Hell, LSU probably doesn't even make her final 5 without the coaching change.

Her finalist list said all that needed to be said. She values family and preferred to play closer to home but Kim had been on her for years before her recruitment even exploded. Feels good to keep a top instate recruit. Louisiana doesn't pump out top talent annually like Texas does so its important to keep them home when they come along but this was a pretty critical recruit for Kim trying to rebuild the program. Best recruit to come out of Louisiana since Seimone.
A great get for LSU. I'm interested to see what LSU does this coming season. They have a wealth of talent coming in this year. I'd like to see LSU and UConn enter into a long term agreement to play preseason games. That would benefit BOTH programs. That's a win-win for sure!! :cool: Everyone likes win-win situations.

Reaction Score
A great get for LSU. I'm interested to see what LSU does this coming season. They have a wealth of talent coming in this year. I'd like to see LSU and UConn enter into a long term agreement to play preseason games. That would benefit BOTH programs. That's a win-win for sure!! :cool: Everyone likes win-win situations.
I honestly would love that but I have my doubts, as we all know Kim is generally a weak scheduler (relative to other coaches). She may schedule a couple marquee matchups from time to time but not holding my breath. Honestly one of my few knocks about her but it is what it is I guess. Sad truth is she probably won't do stuff like that until she has her true full roster of her recruits. I will gladly eat crow if she did this year.

LSU this year will be interesting, I have no clue what its going to end up looking like. On paper, the talent is significantly better but I will never underestimate the importance of experience and having a core of players that played with each other for years. The talent is there to do some good things but the chemistry will probably be a work in progress. I expect it will be bumpy the first part of the year before they settle down by mid SEC play. The only thing I know is Morris and Reese are locked in starters, the rest is up in the air.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just saw this Overtime video of Paige interviewing LSU Commit FlauJae Johnson (#26) who happens to be a Rap Artist of some fame it seems

UConn focused viewers may want to hear in Paige's own words her philosophy of using screens and the importance of the mid range game at the 5:50 mark

Seems this may be the first of multiple interviews / materials Paige will give on fellow players fulfilling her desire to shine a light on others

Must have been filmed before her customized Gatorade Bottle

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I shared this on the other board too but definitely of relevance to LSU: Shaq's daughter 6'3" Me'arah O'Neal skyrockets to #2 ranking for c/o 2024 by ASGR after EYBL tournament.

Her old sister played (mostly sat) for a year at LSU and her brother transferred from UCLA to LSU.

And it looks like Me'arah visited Mulkey-era LSU a the same time Flat-Jae and Mikayla Williams did.

I knew she looked underrated at #59 by ESPN based on video but debuted at #2 from unranked is extraordinary.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I shared this on the other board too but definitely of relevance to LSU: Shaq's daughter 6'3" Me'arah O'Neal skyrockets to #2 ranking for c/o 2024 by ASGR after EYBL tournament.

Her old sister played (mostly sat) for a year at LSU and her brother transferred from UCLA to LSU.

And it looks like Me'arah visited Mulkey-era LSU a the same time Flat-Jae and Mikayla Williams did.

I knew she looked underrated at #59 by ESPN based on video but debuted at #2 from unranked is extraordinary.

Unfortunately I think she stays in Cali, she seems to like UCLA a lot.

Could be wrong.

Reaction Score

Interesting post by Cambridges dad. I want to believe but probably a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom