LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 11 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Back to basketball, supposedly Sa’Myah Smith and Flaujae stood out in practice along with Reese and Ladazhia Williams
Look at you with your wishful thinking, trying to steer the discussion back to (gasp) basketball! :D

So who would you say are your projected starting five + first off the bench?

Reaction Score
Look at you with your wishful thinking, trying to steer the discussion back to (gasp) basketball! :D

So who would you say are your projected starting five + first off the bench?
I couldn't even begin to tell you whatsoever. I think the only given is Alexis Morris and Angel Reese will start. I am thinking there is a 80% chance Ladazhia Starts as well.

Ladazhia Williams- F
Angel Reese- F
Alexis Morris- G
???-G
???- G

The last two guard spots will be interesting. I think Flaujae Is probably one of the best options of the guards remaining ones but Kim rarely starts freshmen so she likely comes off the bench. I'd expect Poole, Payne and Poa to play a bit. I am guessing Poole or Payne probably starts given they each have college experience. I do think Kim plays the freshmen a bit more than she usually does this year. The non conference schedule is so weak so everyone should have the opportunity to play a lot and showcase what they can potentially do. From the looks of it I think Sa'Myah Smith will be getting a lot of looks early on despite being behind Reese and Williams.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Kim handled the question poorly, but the public backlash from a couple of standout former players speaks greater volume IMO. Jackson is a former Final Four MOP, Egbo is a WNBA starter who improved leaps and bounds under Kim, and both are happy to publicly call Kim out. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before at another high level program. Not even Brenda Frese with her slew of transfers has has anyone publicly bash her like that.

Reaction Score
I know most people could careless but its a good case and point as its the principal that matters. I have a deep seeded opinion that they’re some grammar mistakes that can’t be over looked. For all intensive purposes you have to nip these things in the butt. It wrecks havoc on the English language. That said: please precede with you’re day.
Clearly you learned your wit from the good people at MSU.

Reaction Score
Kim handled the question poorly, but the public backlash from a couple of standout former players speaks greater volume IMO. Jackson is a former Final Four MOP, Egbo is a WNBA starter who improved leaps and bounds under Kim, and both are happy to publicly call Kim out. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before at another high level program. Not even Brenda Frese with her slew of transfers has has anyone publicly bash her like that.
Queen always was suspended under Kim. Very undisciplined. Chloe only been there for a season. Now if Didi speaks out. My heart gonna stop lol

Reaction Score
While I'm not a personal fan of Mulkey in general especially as it relates to the BG situation, I do feel like there were too many people that were quick to jump on the hate train. I do think some of these reactions on Twitter are genuine, like those from former players and such. I just feel that some of these comments from others(on Twitter) I have seen are layered in ulterior motives of people trying to take advantage of the situation for their own personal gain as it relates to their own team's subpar recruiting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Queen always was suspended under Kim. Very undisciplined. Chloe only been there for a season. Now if Didi speaks out. My heart gonna stop lol

What does that have to do with anything. They both chose to play for her. You're making excuses because she's the LSU coach.

Reaction Score
While I'm not a personal fan of Mulkey in general especially as it relates to the BG situation, I do feel like there were too many people that were quick to jump on the hate train. I do think some of these reactions on Twitter are genuine, like those from former players and such. I just feel that some of these comments from others I have seen are layered in ulterior motives of people trying to take advantage of the situation for their own personal gain as it relates to their own team's subpar recruiting.
I think the biggest issue is how she responded in that very moment. It looked like zero regard or concern for a former player. I can see why she is getting hit for it. She does a lot of self inflicted damage to her own self

But For media to report she has never spoken on the BG is factually not true though. She is never going to make an official statement over it (Twitter post, IG post or press conference) so people are never gonna to see that but it has been addressed before. To me you can criticize how she responded days ago but they shouldn’t be reporting that she has never spoke on it.

I’d love to be able to move on and focus on the team and the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
I couldn't even begin to tell you whatsoever. I think the only given is Alexis Morris and Angel Reese will start. I am thinking there is a 80% chance Ladazhia Starts as well.

Ladazhia Williams- F
Angel Reese- F
Alexis Morris- G
???-G
???- G

The last two guard spots will be interesting. I think Flaujae Is probably one of the best options of the guards remaining ones but Kim rarely starts freshmen so she likely comes off the bench. I'd expect Poole, Payne and Poa to play a bit. I am guessing Poole or Payne probably starts given they each have college experience. I do think Kim plays the freshmen a bit more than she usually does this year. The non conference schedule is so weak so everyone should have the opportunity to play a lot and showcase what they can potentially do. From the looks of it I think Sa'Myah Smith will be getting a lot of looks early on despite being behind Reese and Williams.
I'm curious how that's going to work with the frontcourt. I know Reese said she left because she wanted to expand her game, but I don't see her expanding her range given both the roster and the coaching style. I'm still not sold on Williams, she looked way more confident at Missouri than she did at SC,maybe this is the environment she needs to really thrive.

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with anything. They both chose to play for her. You're making excuses because she's the LSU coach.
And I will continue. I'm not the one who brought the issues to this forum. :confused: nor did I bring in the former players comments. But there are loopholes to everything. If I wanna bash Kim. I'll do it privately

Everyone gonna have their opinions. So will I. Most I agree with. Some I will find loopholes in. But I won't knock anyone for their opinions. But I'm over it tbh. Back to basketball...or I'll just silence myself until the season starts

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But back to basketball.
I'm curious how that's going to work with the frontcourt. I know Reese said she left because she wanted to expand her game, but I don't see her expanding her range given both the roster and the coaching style. I'm still not sold on Williams, she looked way more confident at Missouri than she did at SC,maybe this is the environment she needs to really thrive.
Reese is playing the 4 at LSU. She most likely will not expand her range much, but she will be very productive.

As for Williams. She looked very good in summer workouts.

Reaction Score
I got to go to some scrimmages in the summer and Reese was working especially hard on her mid range shot. I think that can develop at LSU. Her 3 ball? Doubtful

Williams is a solid player. Missouri was not a good fit for her style as it’s a wide open offense that launches 3s but when she did play she was highly productive. She has been extremely impressive in all the scrimmages so far. I imagine she will do well under Kim her last year. I don’t think she will be as impactful rebounding as Aifuwa but her offense IMO will be better and give LSU more versatility there. I think LSU will be way more open this year. Last year we were a bit dependent on two players

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I
nevermind GIF

Can we get back to the basketball now?

Reaction Score

Ladazhia Williams- F
Angel Reese- F
Alexis Morris- G
???-G
???- G

Did payne start a few games last season ? She had a great start and kind of fizzled out of the rotation a bit as the year went on .

Reaction Score
Egbo did not improve leaps and bounds under kim , most people wanted her to refrain from entering the draft because she needed another year of development at BU. She improved leaps and bounds in the WNBA yes , but not under kim . Sorry for the Segway lol

Reaction Score
I got to go to some scrimmages in the summer and Reese was working especially hard on her mid range shot. I think that can develop at LSU. Her 3 ball? Doubtful

Williams is a solid player. Missouri was not a good fit for her style as it’s a wide open offense that launches 3s but when she did play she was highly productive. She has been extremely impressive in all the scrimmages so far. I imagine she will do well under Kim her last year. I don’t think she will be as impactful rebounding as Aifuwa but her offense IMO will be better and give LSU more versatility there. I think LSU will be way more open this year. Last year we were a bit dependent on two players
LSU still needs a dead eye consistent outside shooter. Flaujae is a streaky shooter like most LSU guards , the zone will be utilized a lot against them again this year.

Reaction Score
LSU still needs a dead eye consistent outside shooter. Flaujae is a streaky shooter like most LSU guards , the zone will be utilized a lot against them again this year.
No doubt although LSU has some better outside shooters this year IMO. Cherry could not shoot a 3 ball to save her life. Pointer wasn’t a great 3 ball shooter but she did make a decent bit of them. If they can get Flaujae to be more consistent she will be a big asset. The key with her is taking good shots. She actually shoots the ball exceptionally well when she squares up and takes good shots. Playground ball and bad decisions are her biggest things to clean up.

Time will tell but Poole, Poa, Alisa Williams, Flaujae, Carson all need to step up here. I’d add Payne also although I don’t expect much from her shooting. Her biggest attribute her defense

Reaction Score
No doubt although LSU has some better outside shooters this year IMO. Cherry could not shoot a 3 ball to save her life. Pointer wasn’t a great 3 ball shooter but she did make a decent bit of them. If they can get Flaujae to be more consistent she will be a big asset. The key with her is taking good shots. She actually shoots the ball exceptionally well when she squares up and takes good shots. Playground ball and bad decisions are her biggest things to clean up.

Time will tell but Poole, Poa, Alisa Williams, Flaujae, Carson all need to step up here. I’d add Payne also although I don’t expect much from her shooting. Her biggest attribute her defense
I'm curious to see how she fits into Mulkey's plans. My impression based on the hype around her was that there were expectations she was going to be a primary ball handler at Ohio State. That never happened and her playing time diminished last season. I know there were some injuries, but her play was underwhelming from what I saw in BIG10 play. She could also be a liability on defence as some of her decisions turned into cheap fouls she could have avoided.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Egbo did not improve leaps and bounds under kim , most people wanted her to refrain from entering the draft because she needed another year of development at BU. She improved leaps and bounds in the WNBA yes , but not under kim . Sorry for the Segway lol
By the end of her junior year she was playing at a very high level. She finally stopped fouling and was a walking double double and a terrific defender. As a freshman she was a seldom used bench player and as a sophomore she was very foul prone and saw her production decline over the year. She made huge strides in her third year. Her senior year she fell into old habits and didn't seem to improve under Collen. I thought she needed more development before entering the draft too but she proved to be a solid rookie.

Reaction Score

Mulkey made CNN this can't be good but what can the AD say ? Speak out support Brittney Griner an ex player at the coaches Ex School ? Damned if she does Damned if she doesn't ....and im not even a Mulkey Fan but this is just too much . Sometimes if you dont have anything good to say you dont say anything at all which she may have had as an approach but maybe she didn't and the narrative is spiraling out of control now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom